5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
I bought these as my old panasonic ones died. I was dubious about spending this much on headphones but glad I did.

The sound is great and the range is amazing. I can walk all around my office at work (even to the toilets!) and they still work. I have not put the 25hour charge to test yet, but I do wear them all day and they last the distance.

They...
Published on 31 Aug 2011 by A. Legg

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh...
Here's what I'd describe as the ideal reason to buy these headphones: You want to watch TV/movies or listen to music at night without waking anyone up whilst sitting too far away from the TV/PC/Hi-fi to use a wired pair of headphones.

Published on 16 Mar 2012 by jon_fed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 Aug 2011
A. Legg (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Wireless Closed Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)

They also look pretty cool as does the stand, a small black box on which they balance securly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 17 Jan 2012
I bought these Sony headphones after buying some cheaper ones. To be fair the cheaper ones did work OK, but they used to leak sound, and as my wife has exceptionally good hearing, it became a nuisance.
The Sony ones do not leak any sound, they are very comfortable to wear with the earpieces being well padded and the headband is well padded too, they fit on my head quite firmly so that if I am walking round,or doing other jobs (washing up!!) they stay in position OK.
I read the instructions before using them, but I was surprised that on switching them on I had perfect sound from my TV straight away, I didn't have to tune them in.
The recharging unit could not be easier to use, you simply place them on the sender unit, and they click into place.
I am very pleased with them and I would certainly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Just as expected from a Sony product., 18 Dec 2011
Lightweight, extremely comfortable, and most importantly the sound quality is oustanding. Battery life is also exceptional. I would certainly recommend these a bargain

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 Aug 2013
Not so much of a review more of a response to a few things said in other reviews.
These headphones do come with a three pin plug not the two pin as described by other reviewers. Connect easily to my Sony Bravia TV and I am not experiencing any hiss. They are comfortable with easy to use power and volume controls located on the headphones. Overall a very good product for what I require.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product in a limited market, 28 Nov 2011
griff1974 (London, England) - See all my reviews
I had a difficult time choosing this product as wireless headphones are limited in number, and tend to get wildly varying reviews based upon buyers' expectations.

To set the bar I'm using these to watch TV and play on the XBox after the family has gone to bed, at a distance of 3 to 5 metres from the base station. I'm not trying to stream music through walls or out into the garden, so can't comment on performance in those scenarios.

These are my first wireless headphones and I settled on the Sony ones (but also considered Sennheiser, Panasonic, and Turtle Beach) mainly due to the quality and reliability I've had from Sony in the past.

Out of the box the headphones and base station feel sturdy and are well designed. Setting them up was as easy as plugging the mini-jack into the TV and turning them on. They are very comfortable and I do not notice the base station connection at the top of the band.

Sound quality is very good with no interference or breakdown at all. Playing games with them adds a depth of experience as lots of subtle sounds are now audible. The tip about turning up the source volume before the headphone volume seems to work well here.

I think this is a great product - albeit only tested on modest use - and recommend it highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont Forget To Buy The Extras, 12 July 2012
Good set of well made phones, comfortable & good sound, trouble free mobility. Now the pathetic bits; supplied with a very short lead (audio plug to phono plug)to connect to sound source, and the even more pathetic; supplied with 2 pin plug to connect to mains and no 3 pin mains adapter Just for the benefit of Amazon - The next time I spend british pounds on a british website and you supply me with a non british plug the item will be going straight back to you for a refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh..., 16 Mar 2012

Do not buy these if you're wanting headphones solely for listening to music. I bought these as a replacement for Sony MDR XB700's, which sound A LOT better than these. I'm sending these back since the difference in sound quality is just too much to live with for me.

That being said, I can see these being decent enough for light film watching etc. The sound is adequate but nowhere near close to the sound you will get from a decent wired pair of headphones. If you're getting these whilst bearing that in mind then sure, but I'd advise you to think long and hard on it.

There is slight fuzz which you can lessen if you play around and find the optimal channel (though there is only 3 to choose from). The bass is lacking, and the highs do not cut through.

For what they are, they're OK. Though they left me fairly dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 July 2011
I have just replaced my old sony headphones with these. On the whole they are very good. The earpads are larger than my old ones, and the padded head band is a nice touch. The sound quality is excellent. One or two little niggles - the battery charger plate is on the top of the head band - so sits close to the top of my head though not on it (Query health and safety about that) but on the other hand when putting them back on the stand to charge the headphones they just click into place - no fiddling about for ages to get them to sit correctly like my old pair.
I now have to remember to turn the head phones off (not so with old pair) however, again I expect to get used to that and so far I have remembered to turn them off before placing them back on the stand. All in all very pleased and look forward to listening pleasure for a long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - very pleased, 16 Nov 2013
These have transformed the way I listen to music, particularly as I've just finished putting all my 80s vinyl onto CD and there was a limit to how much more AC/DC and Iron Maiden my wife could take. They are supremely comfortable, very easy to operate and dock/charge, and the stand plugs into pretty-much anything with a 3.5mm mic port. The sound quality is extremely good (in fact, it can show up deficiencies in the equipment you're playing the CD on: don't connect the headphones up to a tatty old laptop, for example) and it's a revelation to hear CDs I've had for years in crystal clear sound. The range is excellent too: they work everywhere in our quirky old house, which is a rabbit-warren of small rooms with thick walls, as well as right down the end of the garden.

A few small downsides you should be aware of. There is a very (but it is only very) small amount of noise leakage. The volume control can get adjusted by, say, the collar on a puffa jacket. And sometimes they do slip very slightly if you have a small head. But none of these detract from the fact that, in my view, these are a top product. Particularly as I'm not a fan of "inner ear" headphones that are so fashionable these days, and because I find anything heavy on my head quite disconcerting, I am very pleased with them. Just remember not to shake your head too vigorously to the music (old habits die hard...), and resist the temptation to sing along to what you're listening to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do just what I bought them for, 11 July 2013
If your a bit deaf and your family complain that you turn the T.V up too loud then invest in a pair of these. They transmit the sound from the TV straight to the wearer,wirelessly. Got them for my Dad,so we can now hear ourselves talk when watching T.V.