4.0 out of 5 stars Classy but flawed, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Braun Men's Watch BN0046BKBKG With Digital Display And Leather Strap (Watch)
I like this watch because it does not look like something from 'Back to the Future' and is simple and elegant in design. Generally I prefer analogue displays, but this one is so attractive that it made me want one!
However, two things need sorting - 1) the backlight does almost nothing. Useful for seeing the time at midnight in a pitch-black bedroom, no good in subdued lighting, and 2) the setting up procedure is maddening, especially syncing the seconds. You only get a 10-second window in which to set the seconds before the watch returns to normal operation and you have to start again from the top! Aaargh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Minimal digital watch, 26 May 2012
Jaime Silvela (Luxembourg, Madrid) - See all my reviews
Most digital watches are ugly, and go overboard on functionality. At last something different. This watch gives you only time and date, nothing else. It has only two buttons!
The leather strap, the black display background, the minimalism: you can actually wear this watch with nice clothes.
Braun makes a very nice design, and the box the watch comes in is worth keeping. Some echoes of Apple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 10 July 2013
This is a classy piece of kit, looks different to any other watch out there and exudes class. Its well made, the leather strap is top quality and the mechanics are brilliant, everything you would expect from Braun.

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loved it, 30 May 2014
I bought this watch for my husband. He just loved it. If you love big multifunction watches, this is not for you: this just tells the time and date. Classy. Perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality watch but dim display, 24 May 2014
4) Lightweight
Bad points:
1) Dim display
2) Dim backlight
3) Long strap - take note if you have small wrists (<7")
4) The outside edges of the back of the watch have not been rounded off and so are slightly rough
Conclusion:
4 star rating mainly due to the dim display

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking and comfortable watch, 12 April 2013
I love the minimalist design of this watch in both form and function. I prefer digital read-out to analog, but I didn't want something that looks sporty or "tactical". It's dressy enough to wear with a suit, and doesn't look out of place with casual wear, either. I don't miss the extra features that other digital watches offer because I only need it for quick access for time and date. Any other sort of "app" belongs on my smart phone.

I tend to be very sensitive to watches and jewelry, and haven't worn a watch for years because of it, but this one doesn't bother me much. I almost don't notice it. The fit and finish is also excellent and I suspect it will stand up to a fair amount of abuse.

My only complaint, and the reason I didn't give it 5 stars, is that legibility could be improved. Throughout most of the day or in a well light room it's fine, but in moderate lighting conditions, like dusk or dawn outdoors, it can be difficult to read at a glance. As attractive as it is, I believe the grey on black (negative) LCD is slightly less readable than the more common black on grey. The light could be more powerful, too.

Despite that shortcoming, I love this watch and expect I'll wear it for many years to come.