5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story that unfold as you read
This book starts as the young girl turn 17 and follows her through as she start to learn about the magical world that she has been born into but knew nothing about looking forward to reading the rest of the books
Published 19 months ago by linda

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting take on fairies and witches
High-points: The plot was good and sound, and there's a good dynamic of humour and angst.

Published on 1 May 2011 by E. Flynn

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting take on fairies and witches, 1 May 2011
E. Flynn (Swansea, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True of Blood: Book 1 of The Witch Fairy Series (Kindle Edition)

Hell-pits: The choice of narrative voice was so difficult to read, especially with the please-edit-me issues: sentences like, "I shrug my shoulders as I put another forkful of pancakes in my mouth but then it dawns on me and I look up at her sheepishly." scream out for more punctuation than they're receiving.

Review: Once more with the cry for editing! Lack of commas make this book both difficult and confusing to read. I'm not big on needlessly grandiose/crazy sounding names (the Twilight Saga always has an example, it seems - I'm looking at you, Renesmee), so this book lost some points just for Xandra Illuminata Smith and her little brother Zacchaeus. Between this and the slow-going back story of the first few pages, I nearly stopped reading. On the whole, I'm glad that I didn't.

I loved the Disney-esque fairytale threads of this book - the remembered stories from childhood, and rhymes like "soft of eye and light of touch - speak ye little and listen much" were very good. The idea of a half Witch, half Fairy child was compelling, even more so because she was unaware of this dual heritage. Very nice, and time-honoured good stuff for a coming of age novel. Oh, and Xandra also has incorporeal ghost parents - did I not mention that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story that unfold as you read, 25 Sept. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !, 15 Feb. 2013
Mrs. C. Hughes "chez" (Wales,UK) - See all my reviews
Absolutely love this series I am now on book 6 ,the quirky sense of humour really makes this series come alive and it is easy to relate with the main character Xandra .It is full on action with romance danger and humour ,all in all a dam good read! Can highly recommend .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 15 Oct. 2013
Great easy read, so much scope to go anywhere it pleases. Teenagers or adults can read this really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Bonnie's books, 29 Jan. 2013
This is just as good as when I first read it, she is one of my favourite authors. More please!!

4.0 out of 5 stars fast-paced whirlwind, 18 Nov. 2014
From the get-go this book is a roller coaster ride, an enjoyable storyline with characters to root for, my only mild critique is that I would have liked a little more character development, but hey, I am going to read the next in the series so I guess we will see what happens next. Any reader of YA fantasy or even dystopian fiction will enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the cover put you off, 5 July 2014
Don't be put off by the cover a really good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Jun. 2014
Brilliant, great book. Was easy to read and well written I could picture the places and characters. A+ next one please ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 May 2014
Hammy Edwards (NEWCASTLE, Staffs, GB) - See all my reviews
I`m pretty sure I am quite a smidge older than the target audience for this book. Never the less I couldn't put it down. A great story with lots of humour.
The very best part is I know have the rest of the series to read !

5.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 26 Mar. 2014
Nice easy read would buy from this author again can't wait to see what else she has to offer .