5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!! Sleepless night(s) guaranteed!
When you read this book, do it on a weekend or on holiday. That is, if you need your sleep before a working day. Because this fantastic tale will keep you spellbound from the moment you start the first chapter until you finish the last page.

Published on 22 April 2009 by Sissel M. Østdahl

3.0 out of 5 stars For when you want to turn your brain off and be entertained
Published on 5 Jun 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!! Sleepless night(s) guaranteed!, 22 April 2009

The story about CIA secret agent Connor Fitzgerald, a totally brave and honourable man, and his last assignment, is truly captivating. From Colombia to Washington and Moscow, via Finland, Switzerland, South Africa to Australia. The CIA, The Oval Office, The Kremlin, the Russian mafia. Even bits from Viet Nam thrown in.

Reviewers have found it unlikely that the CIA would spend such time and resources in order to try and assassinate a top world leader. Probably quite true. But this is fiction, and a tale so expertly woven and told that it does not matter. It all sounds actually plausible, the twists and turns and surprises around every bend of that winding road.

I have always found stories taking place in Russia tending to be a bit drab. Very wrong of me, I know. And anyway, here I'm getting thoroughly and rightly converted. What takes place in Russia is among the most breathtaking and captivating in the whole story.

A masterpiece of a book, which has got it all. A great story about politics, suspense, desception, greed, heroism, love. Told by the greatest storyteller of our times.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Absolutely Loved This Book, 17 Nov 2002
Imperial Topaz (Marrakesh, Morocco) - See all my reviews
I read this book in three days and could hardly put it down. I have become interested lately in CIA and spy novels, and this book did not disappoint me in any way, in spite of what a couple reviewers below have said about it. What I loved MOST about this book is that you don't expect a CIA assassin to be a truly honorable man, as was this main character. It was really interesting how the author immediately pulls you into the assasin's mind and gets you right on his side.
The reviewers below comment on the plot being implausible--that the CIA would not go around like this assasinating world leaders. I don't think this comment is important. In any novel, we must "suspend our disbelief," and this novel is no different. The more pertinent question in this novel is "What if?" I personally thought it was one of the best plots I have ever read, and I really enjoyed how the characters were one-upping each other. I was really surprised by the twists and turns of the plot as it progressed. And I liked being surprised. An EXCELLENT read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly fab book, 21 Aug 2012
H. Andrews - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Eleventh Commandment (Kindle Edition)
I've never read a book by Jeffrey Archer until I read this one and it was 'unputdownable'. His style of writing was gripping and he brought the story to life really well. I read a lot and see good and bad books - this one had me glued to my Kindle. I will most certainly be purchasing more from this author - he was wasted as an MP and a prisioner.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Elventh Commandment, 14 May 2009
One of the best Jeffrey Archer books I have read.Always the twist in the tale and this had more than one

3.0 out of 5 stars For when you want to turn your brain off and be entertained, 5 Jun 1999
By A Customer
An all action thriller that demands so little input from the reader that it makes excellent end of day reading. Super heros, cold war style communist leaders and a thinly disguised US President - no surprises here. Lots of action, a host of colourful characters and plenty to reinforce all those preconceived ideas about the CIA. The pace is fast enough to take the reader skimming blissfully over the holes in the plot. Deep this is not, entertaining - yes. Shame about the ending though - just too trite to be believable, even in Archerland.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Page Turner, 21 May 1999
By A Customer
The first Archer novel I've read and if this isn't the best then I'll be reading more. Maybe it's because I don't read this type of novel often that I enjoyed it even more. A real page turner. The plot is constantly moving. Archer doesn't bore you with lengthy descriptive pararagraphs, but keeps his writing simple and effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be six crowns. Absoluteley fantastic., 3 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I HAVE NEVER CRIED BEFORE READING A BOOK UNTIL NOW.ARCHER WILLNOT LET YOU PUT THE BOOK DOWN (HE MUST HAVE SHARES WITH SOUTHERN ELECRIC BECAUSE YOU WILL READ THRU THE NIGHT). YOU CANNOT HELP BUT LIKE CONNOR FITZGERALD AND THE STORY GRIPS YOU TILL THE END BUT YOU SHOULD KEEP THE KLEENEX HANDY READ THE BOOK AND YOU WILL KNOW WHY.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read!, 16 Aug 2012
Liam Tivey "tivster" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Eleventh Commandment (Kindle Edition)
Would highly recommend this book. Very well written, although you may be fed up of the name fitzgerald by the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eleventh Commandment, 19 July 2012
This review is from: The Eleventh Commandment (Kindle Edition)
I found this e book very interesting with plenty of the usual Jeffrey Archer intrigue so much so that it was difficult to put down even when I knew I had to finish it without the possibility of a replacement as I was on a cruise in foreign climes

5.0 out of 5 stars As a long time Archer fan, I was not disappointed, 21 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I started late in the evening and stayed up all night. I could not put it down! Connor Fitzgerald is a great character in a great story. Archer keeps coming back with one great book after another. I can't wait for the next one.

The Eleventh Commandment