5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Ironing Board

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ironing surface - great for sheets
Published 6 months ago by Ian Guy-Moore

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Ironing Board, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Brabantia Ironing Board with Solid Steam Iron Rest, Size C, 124 x 45cm, 25mm Ivory Frame - Moving Circles Cover (Misc.)
I'm not at all enthusiastic about ironing - I only iron on a 'need to wear' basis or when I need to iron fabric for patchwork. However, I decided I really needed a new ironing board as my old one was a bit 'past it', being 40+ years old. I bought this as a friend of mine has one and it seemed pretty good. It arrived today and it really is the 'bees' knees', cat's whiskers', dog's dinner etc.! I am quite tall and it is plenty high enough for me so I don't have to stoop any more. It has a good padded cover in a pleasant pattern (blue circles), the board is a nice big one so you don't have to keep moving your clothes, fabric etc., and is very easy to manoevre, put up and take down. It is very robustly made and, apart from buying a new cover from time to time, I don't expect to have to buy another ironing board ever! If you are dithering about which board to buy, don't, this is definitely the one to get. It's very well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely ironing board, 31 Dec. 2012
Nice and large great to ironing a lot of clothes, didn't get five stars because if someone wants to sit down to iron the lower point on board is too high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Brabantia iroing board, 1 July 2014
I brought this ironing board to replace my much larger old ironing board, I could not get any replacement covers big enough for my old ironing board. So I decided that it was time for a new one. I chose Brabantia because it looked a sturdia model than the other makes. All though it was a bit more than what I would normally pay for an ironing board it has been worth it.

It took a few times to get the knack of folding it away, but I have it worked out now. It is an absolute pleasure to iron on it as the cover is quite thick and it is wide enogh for my king size sheets folded. I would deffinately recommend this item as it will hopefully last me for some time to come and it has got a ten year guarantee. So thank you Brabantia for a brilliant iroing board.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Aug. 2013
Great quality and good value for money. Have had no problems with this so far. My clothes are ironed perfectly, and the board is easy to cart around my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Board, 22 Mar. 2013
Great Ironing board, well constructed, nice and wide, cover is good quality and thick, easy to assemble, you just need a large cupboard to stow the board away.

5.0 out of 5 stars As it send on the tin, 24 Sept. 2013
good quality product that lives up to its advertisement and very sturdy. Worth the money as you will only buy this once.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 15 Sept. 2013
perfect ironing board for everyday use and for sheets and duvets would recommend to all my friends what more can I say!

4.0 out of 5 stars ironing board, 14 July 2012
Mr. I. Pickup (portsmouth uk) - See all my reviews
I found this ironing board to be well constructed and good value for money.My only complaint was that it was a bit on the large size for me and i found it a bit heavy to carry,but still a good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ironing surface - great for sheets, 22 Nov. 2014
Excellent ironing surface - great for sheets. If you are not tall or strong it can be very difficult to release the catch to lower the board to put it away. Worse still on a board of this quality is the design of the iron rest - its curved corners are perfect for catching the iron cord and jamming it - not all of us use cordless irons! These criticisms apart it is built well and should last a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Brabantia!, 22 Oct. 2014
Was surprised at the size of this board. About 10cm's wider than our old one. Very sturdy and quite heavy. Has a Steel Mesh running along the length of the board, this allows for the passing of steam through the board when ironing. Would recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›