Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 9 November 2011
Having just finished a 'best selling' fallen angel trilogy I was a little hooked and wanted something similar and found this on a random kindle search. In all honesty I think that this was better written than the ones from the best seller list: the imagery and descriptions employed are great, really beautiful phrasing which flow well with the dialogue. Story is nicely balanced throughout. The character development is good as well - you get a real feel for the lead characters and their relationship feels authentic - some of the other YA novels I've read recently have skipped through these areas leaving you distant and disconnected from the characters. Looking forward to the next installment - lots of interesting areas to develop and I'm keen to see where this goes. Well worth the kindle price - good quality YA novel.

More Recommendations:

If you also like Katherine Pine's elegant writing style you might like:

Hope's Daughter (The Ambrosia Sequence) Good protagonists in a lightly sci-fi setting - similar examinations of human nature and behaviour in a different context - really liked this. Plus Cassie is a great protagonist to be in the head of - just the right amount of sarcasm

The Russian Concubine In the run-up to revolution in China two identical creatures from completely different cultures clash in a dangerous world. Similar to Noughts and Crosses - there is a range of societal conflicts in this book, with a male/female protagonist pairing, both with real depth and colour to them. Absolutely loved this book when I read it first a few years ago - if you like your heroines - you'll love Lydia - very feisty! :)

Both use really nice imagery and language - in very different settings.
on 12 October 2011
amazng! i find it hard to find books i really like & so i tried a sample of this book, amazing!! i couldnt stop reading & the price= BONUS!!! definately recomend this book, cant wait for the next one! :)
on 1 January 2013
I was hooked on this book straight away, and barely managed to tear myself away from it. I found the characters really interesting and likeable, especially Forneus and Oz and was always keen to find out what happened next. There were several laugh out loud moments and it was just generally a pleasure to read. I've already started reading the second book and am equally hooked. Just hope I can find more books like this one out there. Excellent read!
on 9 November 2011
I'm really fussy about what sort of books I like, and this is one of those books that I do like! If people ask me what sort of books or authors I prefer, Katherine Pine - After Eden will be in that list! Katherine Pine is a new and upcoming author, that should be on your kindle or like myself, on my andriod! Fantastic book! Look forward to reading more from her!
on 25 May 2012
I originally bought this book as it was cheap and seemed a decent story - if not it's only 80p right?

But I'm so glad I did, I was hooked right from the beginning! The characters develop well, and the story progresses nicely - leaves some mysteries for you to guess at, rather than revealing everything at once. The romance that evolves between Devi and Oz is done nicely - none of this love-at-first-sight-and-we're-going-to-be-obsessive-and-love-each-other-forever as in some books of this genre, but enough to keep you interested (and of course it does get deeper).

I highly recommend this book, one of my favourite I've read of this genre
on 28 December 2011
This book was just too jumbled and confusing for me. It jumped from one incoherent scene to the next and before I even knew who the characters were or what was happening we were in the middle of true love.

I felt as if I kept on missing chapters and could never really connect with the heroine. Even the emotional flow of the story was off, one minute it would be dramatic, and then suddenly jump to a completely different emotion and then be somewhere else, all within the same few pages.

I did not even get to the end of this book. It felt like something written by either a very young or very inexperienced author.
on 15 February 2012
The book is quite bad in the begining, i recongnized certain things written in the book similar to other sotries i had read. Very predictable, and slow going, but it does pick up in the end. The ending is quite gripping, keeping you on your toes. Tis a a slight cliff-hanger, but not much of one. I started off not wanting to finish it, but have ended up downloading the second one. It does pick up so persevere with it.
on 23 September 2011
To be honest the price drew me in, I love fantasy/love storys.

I only brought yesterday and have not wanted to put down!
I found the characters realistic and beleivable and I connected easily with the main character.

the length of book is good too, though the ending is fast approaching, which i 'know' will leave me 'needing' the next book.

would reccomend, looking forward to book 2.
on 31 August 2012
Incredibly well-written story with gorgeous, entertaining, believable characters and just the perfect balance between focus on relationships and gripping action.

I'll keep this brief as this book is well worth the price and a definite must-read for lovers of paranormal romance and/or dark fantasy - find out why for yourself!
on 22 September 2012
It took a while to get into it and chunks of it reminded me of Harry Potter with more romance, school and normal teenage life v the dark side and in parts the characters were inconsistent but it was worth persevering and overall it was a good story but not enough to make me rush out and buy the rest of the series