5.0 out of 5 stars Simply one of the best shows on television
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by solidgoldchimp

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite an unusual sense of humour
It takes a bit to get used to the main character. If you want to see how one lives as a sloth in total squalor, watch a young girl minding a toddler while completely stoned, see a beautiful young girl getting hooked up with the same type of looser and user over and over, and all that while seeing the world through the smoke of a bong - go for it. Yes, it has its laughs,...
Published 20 months ago by K. Schneider

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply one of the best shows on television, 13 Dec 2011
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
IDEAL is a fantastic show and after the horrible decision taken by a misguided BBC controller to axe it after 7 seasons this collection is a must buy. All the memorable characters episodes and songs are featured as well as some very interesting special features including some great interviews with Graham Duff and others as well as the usual deleted scenes and unseen footage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked., 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I well remember that fateful day when I took my first step down that slippery slope to dependency. They said it wasn't addictive, so I tried one episode. Didn't like it much at first, but after a couple more,I soon began to enjoy the effects, and kept going back for more. Even when I developed sore, red eyes from watching too much, I didn't stop.I've just finished Series 2 and am dreading the day my supply dries up.Let this be a warning to others...

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent!, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Ideal is a great box set. Had a great time watching from start to finish. Would recommend this item to anyone who enjoys proper comedy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of noughties comedy!, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I revisited this series with my girlfriend who didn't watch it the first time around and we were both hooked and ended up watching 2-3 episodes nightly until it finished and we were left wanting more!

There are 53 episodes across 7 series and it is worth every penny in my opinion.

We'll leave it a month or so and then watch them all again!! I'll stop here because in the words of Psycho Paul "talking is for lesbians.."!

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me a few episodes to get into, but now I'm addicted!, 26 April 2014
Christopher Parr (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not a huge Johnny Vegas fan, but the reviews on this show were quite positive, and I thought it must be somewhat decent if it ran for 7 series.

The first few episodes I was kind of unsure, and afraid I had wasted money on a dud show. Once I finished the first series and got into the second, however, I was addicted. I love the characters - especially Jenny. I really like the fact that each episode isn't just another random story line, but that the same story continually progresses and snowballs into a bigger and bigger story. Almost every episode picks up exactly where the previous one left off - even between series, so it's intriguing to keep watching and see what happens next. I'm also starting to like Johnny Vegas' character more and more, and I find that overall the plot keeps getting better.

I'm only on series 4 right now, but so far I love it and would recommend it to anyone looking for something "ideal" to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars great comedy., 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant and irrelevant.how can a show about a drug dealer and his array of wierd,eccentric,crazy,etc... customers get to last 7 series? the plot is simple: an obese, sex obsessed small time drug dealer(Moz), living with his cheating girlfriend who obtains his drugs from his policeman friend at no cost.The sub plots are a never ending display of hopeless people getting involved in situations that are way out of their depth.The setting is very rarely not in Moz's flat,but the arrival of his customers provides plenty of scenery.outstanding 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal - Johnny Vegas and Graham Duff at their very best, 12 Dec 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I first started watching this from about Series 5 or so when they were played back to back one night on BBC 3. I loved the story arc and the fact that each episode followed on from the other rather than being self contained like so many series these days. Johnny Vegas is a very good actor, don't be fooled by his comedic "panel game" persona, the guy plays the character so well. When I saw the box set at just over £23 I thought, "right time to buy" and so I began to watch all episodes...
With great characters as Cartoon Head, Psycho Paul and of course Brian the Camp customer (Graham Duff). I am so happy I have bought this and its such a shame the series came to end at Series 7. I really hope Graham Duff gets an opportunity to do Series 8 because I think the Series was such a great, yet under the radar comedy. Go buy it and enjoy...I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrummy!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
This is the Ideal box set I ordered off Amazon, ain't he scrummy?! Kept me busy for hours and I'm not even on probation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I love this series and brought me loads of great memories and laughs. Especially at price paid. Top notch item

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
My sons love this series and they were so happy to get there hands on it. Excellent quality and hilarious show.

Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD]
Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] by Johnny Vegas (DVD - 2011)