5.0 out of 5 stars Simply one of the best shows on television
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by solidgoldchimp

1.0 out of 5 stars not sure
I can't watch it because it won't play, our name brand blue-ray player won't recognize the discs. Was excited about the series, but can't watch it.
Published 3 months ago by Nancy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply one of the best shows on television, 13 Dec 2011
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
IDEAL is a fantastic show and after the horrible decision taken by a misguided BBC controller to axe it after 7 seasons this collection is a must buy. All the memorable characters episodes and songs are featured as well as some very interesting special features including some great interviews with Graham Duff and others as well as the usual deleted scenes and unseen footage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked., 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I well remember that fateful day when I took my first step down that slippery slope to dependency. They said it wasn't addictive, so I tried one episode. Didn't like it much at first, but after a couple more,I soon began to enjoy the effects, and kept going back for more. Even when I developed sore, red eyes from watching too much, I didn't stop.I've just finished Series 2 and am dreading the day my supply dries up.Let this be a warning to others...

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent!, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Ideal is a great box set. Had a great time watching from start to finish. Would recommend this item to anyone who enjoys proper comedy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great comedy., 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant and irrelevant.how can a show about a drug dealer and his array of wierd,eccentric,crazy,etc... customers get to last 7 series? the plot is simple: an obese, sex obsessed small time drug dealer(Moz), living with his cheating girlfriend who obtains his drugs from his policeman friend at no cost.The sub plots are a never ending display of hopeless people getting involved in situations that are way out of their depth.The setting is very rarely not in Moz's flat,but the arrival of his customers provides plenty of scenery.outstanding 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrummy!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
This is the Ideal box set I ordered off Amazon, ain't he scrummy?! Kept me busy for hours and I'm not even on probation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of noughties comedy!, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I revisited this series with my girlfriend who didn't watch it the first time around and we were both hooked and ended up watching 2-3 episodes nightly until it finished and we were left wanting more!

There are 53 episodes across 7 series and it is worth every penny in my opinion.

We'll leave it a month or so and then watch them all again!! I'll stop here because in the words of Psycho Paul "talking is for lesbians.."!

4.0 out of 5 stars GET READY FOR THIS!!!, 3 April 2014
Bradley S Martell (calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
FIRST I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT I LIVE IN CANADA. CANADIAN & AMERICAN TV IS TRULY PREDICTABLE & BORING. I READ REVIEWS OF THIS SERIES ON AMAZON UK & I PURCHASED IT.
IT HONESTLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS SERIES. LITTLE DID I KNOW I'D BE WATCHING A BRITISH SERIES THAT IN A LOT OF WAYS RESEMBLED THE MOVIE- THE NAKED LUNCH.
I HAVE TO SAY IT TOOK A FEW EPISODES TO GET INTO THIS SERIES BUT I DO LOVE IT. IT IS TRULY ORIGINAL, QUIRKY, DARK & FUNNY.
THE ACTING, DIRECTION IS SUPERB. WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS ON NORTH AMERICAN TELEVISION. I AM SO JEALOUS THAT THE BRITISH HAVE SUCH CHOICE ON THEIR TELEVISIONS. I HAVE TO SAY I DO BUY A LOT OF UK SERIES SUCH AS SHAMELESS, PEEP SHOW, SILENT WITNESS, WALLANDER, MISFITS. & SO MANY MORE.!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
My sons love this series and they were so happy to get there hands on it. Excellent quality and hilarious show.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Trailer Park Boys then you'll love this., 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I had to sneak the first episode on my wife several times before she got it, the more UK TV we watched the more she understands the accent, We are currently at the end of series 5 so I can't say that 6 and 7 are great but, other than a soap opera style "It were all a dream Nikki, I'm still Prime Minister and yur still Miss Universe, now get mey India on the phun, I want a curry". I think they'll be great as well. Like the title, if you like TPB you'll like this, if you like absurd comedy, you'll like this, if you like Johnny Vegas, you'll like this. Definite Buy, not rent, Buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT COMEDY, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Johnny Vegas plays Moz,an overweight lazy unmotivated slob who sells weed and resin kindly supplied by his best friend....A Policeman!!! Moz's customers,some his friends,some randomers,are a weird and wonderful assortment of colourful and crazy characters...With storylines ranging from funny and awkward to downright weird,creepy and bizzare,this box set is a must ford Comedy fans of dark,alternative humour.Some memorable characters,besides the lead role of Moz are rival drug dealer "Psycho Paul" Mute Mouse Masked Hitman For Hire "Cartoon Head" Nice but dim opportunist thief "Colin" Oh and not forgetting Moz's strange,constantly oppologising Necrophiliac neighbour "Judith".... All in all a great mix of fun characters,storylines and humour make this an unmisable series for Johnny Vegas fans and General Comedy lovers alike.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa896e930)

Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD]
Ideal: Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] by Johnny Vegas (DVD - 2011)
27.04