5.0 out of 5 stars A complete guide for all parents expecting twins or more
Published on 19 Mar. 2012 by MrsCapel

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, depressing and opinionated
I could almost have read a different book to the first reviewer. Excited following my first scan which revealed twins, I bought a couple of twin books (this and Double Trouble - which I can heartily recommend).

Published on 2 April 2007 by G. McLeod

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete guide for all parents expecting twins or more, 19 Mar. 2012
Firstly, thanks to my fantastic sister-in-law for recommending TAMBA. Twins & Multiple Births: The Essential Parenting Guide From Pregnancy to Adulthood is written with a sufficient balance of medical information, good humour and is HONEST! I was filled with equal measures of excitement and fear when we were told we were expecting twins! For someone who has spent most of her life trying to avoid all things 'medical', I have referred to this book throughout my pregnancy and to date it has been the soruce of much-needed information and reassurance. It is written with a calm authority but also great wit and personal experience. I have no doubt that I will continue to refer to this book once our 'Capelettes' arrive and as they grow up... I highly recommend Twins & Multiple Births: The Essential Parenting Guide From Pregnancy to Adulthood. Thank you Dr Carol Cooper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 17 Jan. 2012
This is a must if you are having more than one baby. I had twins and read this book 3 times during my pregnancy. It's full of interesting facts and information about the conception and pregnancy and full of great tips for once your babies have arrived. I've also bought the book for others who have loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed . . . ., 17 Nov. 2013
I think this book is great. My husband read it before our girls were born too, and he agreed. It's really practical and gives a good perspective on what life is going to be like with two babies, which is so important to understand when you've not had children before. I thought the information about SCBU and about feeding were really useful. And having now been through that stage, it was great that I was made aware of all the things that might happen and how to cope with them. I continue to refer to this book as my girls get older, it's such a great guide.
In fact I found this book so helpful that I bought a copy for my mum and one for my mother-in-law too, so they knew what to expect....and how much help I was going to need from them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brillianta nd helpful read, 14 Jan. 2013
Really enjoyed reading this book after being recommended it.

Lots of useful facts and advise. It covers all sorts of eventualities and is very informative rather than telling you what to do, it just discsses the different outcomes, possibilties and choices available for different situations and ages from pregnancy through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice for the twin-parent-to-be, 17 May 2010
Well written, clearly thought through, this is definitely one of the 'must-read' books if you're expecting twins

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, depressing and opinionated, 2 April 2007
G. McLeod (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews

Whilst there is some useful medical and factual information contained in Carol Cooper's book, it is a dry and frankly depressing read. If I had only read this book I would now be wondering how on earth I will cope with twins - although I recognise that most of it is worst case scenario she manages to remove any ounce of anticipated joy out of expecting twins. Surely there must be some good things about having two at a time Carol?!!

Not only this but the book is peppered with Carol's somewhat opinionated views. Her section on IVF is outrageous - she raises moral issues that have no place in a book being read by many women fresh from IVF and glowing with success. I fully recognise that there are many moral and ethical issues around IVF that need discussion - as do many advances in medical science - but this book is not the place to do it. It's just a gratuitous airing of her personal opinions. Most women who have been through IVF will have already wrangled hard with these issues. You are left in no doubt of Carol's opinions about IVF and left with the feeling that, in her eyes, somehow your pregnancy is not quite as worthy as your 'natural' sisters.

I don't underestimate the amount of hard work that the twins will mean once they're here and I can imagine that once the twins are born I will refer to the book for factual guidance - there's a good bit on weaning for instance - but a fun read it's not. The claim on the cover which reads 'sometimes amusing' made me laugh out loud. And my husband who is a twin himself had a great chuckle at the adult twin chapter (although again we of course recognise that it's worst case - if you were uneasy about your twin pregnancy you could easily imagine all adult twins to be mal-adjusted individuals unable to hold down a relationship).

I was so incensed with the way this book was written I ended up throwing it across the room. Thank goodness for family, friends other books, websites and a supportive midwife.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Twin Mum Must Have., 17 Jan. 2014
I bought this book early on in my pregnancy and found it to be one of the most useful. It was reassuring to read knowing that, unlike some of the authors of books on twins, this one was actually a twin mum as well as a doctor. I read it during pregnancy, after my girls were born and when they were starting school. The book follows twins right through secondary school and up until adulthood so I'm sure I'll re read it again. The basic and clear format makes it easy to go straight to the part you need which is great when you have your hands full of twins! A must have for any multiple mum to be or mum of older multiples.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful well rounded book that covers a large number of the issues in dealing with twins., 28 Dec. 2014
I have and still do find this book extremely useful and my twins are now 2 and a half. When I was pregnant I brought several books but out of all of them this has been the most well rounded book that covered a large number of the issues you face. I did have preeclampsia so the medical section was very useful and I found it very easy to read. I certainly never found it depressing and would definitely recommend it. I did also buy the breast feeding multiples and house of contented twins book but found both of those very limited in the areas covered and heavy reading so if you have to chose one due to time and money I would recommend this one. Hope this review helps and good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not at all depressing, just a factual book by a doctor, 16 April 2013
Kath (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
I was put off buying this book by some of the negative reviews but subsequently got it via TAMBA. Having read it I have to say it was a shame I was originally put off. The book contains lots of interesting and useful information, especially if you are new to parenting which I am. Forewarned is forearmed and I've picked up some useful tips for the years ahead and I expect I will refer to this book in the future. Because the book has been written by a doctor it is very factual in style but this really isn't a problem for me, although it seems to have been for other reviewers, as I liked the straightforward style. I have also found some parts to be amusing. No book can give you everything you need but on the whole I would recommend this book to any parents of multiples and especially to those who are new to being parents.

4.0 out of 5 stars found many entrys very helpful, 26 Feb. 2010
i found most of this book helpful and essential reading for my preparation for the arrival of two - its jolly hard work raising two and you need all the help you can to get prepared before they arrive - twins are also very special and very enjoyable - now that they sleep through the night :) :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›