Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 August 2011
I bought this after receiving a similar cd as a gift and was not disappointed. A lot of original and cover versions of good and not so good songs. Plenty of variety either way. Some songs done very well by artist's I normally can't stand (such as Kylie Minogue & Amy Winehouse). Well worth the money.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 November 2013
As someone who is still quite new to the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge CD series, I bought this 'best-of' compilation, and was very impressed with most of the content.

I love the idea that these sets include unique acoustic performances from acts who either give their own songs a completely different interpretation (I especially like track 18: U2's 'Beautiful Day') or cover over peoples', often with excellent, unexpected results. This makes Live Lounge so different from the standard compilations, they actually offer the listener something completely new.

There are 40 tracks spread across the CDs from a variety of talent. I would never have thought of the Arctic Monkeys in the same sentence as Girls Aloud's 'Love Machine', but I really like their cover. I was surprised by McFly as well, I haven't played their singles since school and never thought I'd do so again, but I actually like their version of 'I Kissed A Girl' over the Katy Perry original (one of my least favourite tracks at the time it was released). I love how creative all of the artists are. Of course, with a collection this size, there was always going to be tracks that I will never play again, hence the four stars, but everyone has different tastes - and there is something for anyone here.
on 2 January 2012
This is an excellent collection of acoustic covers and re-imaginings that works well as ambient music, or something to listen to on a lazy day. Notable mentions (in my opinion) are Adele's "Chasing Pavements", the Foo Fighters' "Times Like These" and U2's "Beautiful Day". All in all, well worth the admission price.
on 14 June 2011
Sorry - just to correct the review above, and as per the album description - there IS a new track. It's the Leona Lewis cover of 'Run', which has never been on a Live Lounge album before. It's CD2 track 20.
on 7 August 2011
Just an excellent selection of great modern talent singing and playing great music - 40 tracks, all winners; that's value!
on 25 December 2015
Rip off! Product was sealed but an old Live Lounge 2012 was inside. Disappointed and would not recommend!
on 6 December 2012
I love how creative the artists are. I crank this music up on my surround sound in my house, and it sounds like the performance is happening right in my home! It's raw, and it's awesome. I have all the volumes, and they are all good.
on 26 December 2012
I love live music and I love how artists can transform a song in to their own - I did prefer the original live lounge songs which they did freestyle in interviews rather than being chosen for them and performed in the studio...
on 4 August 2011
This is a great double album ,I Love at least 80% of these original tracks already and I am sure the rest will grow on me. Leona's track (final track on the album)is truly stunning. well done the BBC.
on 21 February 2015
CD really good unfortunately the case was cracked-good job it wasn't a present for someone. Packaging seemed quite sturdy so maybe the it was already cracked when put into cardboard packaging :(