Format: DVD|Change

on 3 May 2013
This is nothing compared to the first 2 halloweens, not a good film at all, not worth buying, unless you need it.
on 3 May 2008
h20 was the best since the first but this one wrecks the series. some good gore but not enough to save it.
on 17 February 2013
i dont know why jamie lee curtis returnd to this after h20 was a good end to the series but i guess money is what its about anyway this film is a complet waste of time acting story and busta ryimes make this all happen if you want a good halloween trilogy watch halloween 1 2 and h20 and the remake if you want more but this stay away.
on 28 October 2003
You do get a very big suprise at the start but lets not give it away.It's probobly better than 3 and 5 but not 1 and 2.The Plot is a simple one this time cause this time he's not after any family relatives, he's just going back to his home town (Haddenfield).Then we see a bunch of teens spending the night in Michael's actual home he grew up in and Michael decides to crash the party.Does it remind you of another film well it reminds me of My Little eye.The Region 2 DVD is has some really great extras.
The Film isn't bad either I am awarding the film 4 stars cause it dosen't come close to being better than the 1st and 2nd
on 17 October 2003
i have been eagerly awaiting this film for months. i really enjoyed watching this film, addmitedly it is not as good as the previous seven films were, but it is not as bad as other people have been saying.
i hope they release a 9th addition to the series. halloween has qualities that other horror films do not provide.
however i was curious how they will ever end the halloween series as, in the previous films, they have claimed that micheal myres stalks laurie strode as she is the last 'myre' and only myres can kill him, how will he ever meet defeat now?
i look forward to finding out.
on 14 July 2012
Ok so the film is hit or miss depending on who you speak to. If you like the movie then i would recommend this blu ray, I upgraded my DVD edition and can honestly say it was worth it. Image is really good, 4/5 for me. Close ups are really detailed. Sound is ok, dolby 5.1, PCM or DTS-MA 5.1. This Echo Bridge US blu ray contains the extras from the dvd, commentary, deleted scenes, alternate ending, storyboard comparison & a few behind the scenes / on set featurettes. For £6 with p&p this was worth upgrading. Region free disc, plays perfectly on my Sony player.
on 2 December 2012
One for the completist this last entry into the original timeline is little more than a haunted house thriller - it has a few moments but they are few and far between.

The cast is adequate and it does succeed in some closure for one major character from the franchise. In a family whose members seem indestructable the first fifteen minutes were obviously in one actors contract.

The print is adequate without being brilliant but sadly for such a recent film there is little to excite with visual pop

The seller was excellent
on 15 October 2003
The halloween series is still original, I thoroughly enjoyed this film, this is the 8th installment of the halloween series, like most movies this does have it's floors but they are only minor ones! Like the garage that suddenly appears, but this is movieland and anything is possible! I still think this is one of the best halloween films. It's really good how the producers tied the story in with Halloween H20 although i was a bit sad about the tragic end of Laurie Strode. I hear a 9th is coming out I hope its true coz I love the Halloween films!
on 22 May 2012
OK, it's nowhere near as good as the first one (or Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers [DVD]), and it does completely destroy the ending of Halloween H20 [DVD], but I've seen worse movies, like Halloween 5: The Revenge Of Michael Myers [DVD]. Jamie Lee Curtis is really good, as usual. Busta Rhymes, meh. Most of the rest of the cast were at least OK.

I did really like the mask in this one. It's probably one of the best since the original.
on 1 November 2012
Halloween Resurrection was first released back in 2002 and, my God, I cannot believe it's been that long! You may find it funny that I'm reviewing this on November 1 - the day after Halloween. The thing is, I actually like to sit down and watch this film every year on November 1. I've no idea what drives me to do it; just a little tradition of mine, I guess!

Anyway, plot wise, this film is set 3/4 years after H20: 2001 and 2002, respectively. Fans will sadly see the death and retirement of the character of Laurie Strode; Michael finally prevails! Flash forward one year later to 2002. It's Halloween night in Haddonfield and six College students have been selected to take part in a 'Dangertainment' competition. The six people selected will spend Halloween night in the childhood home of Michael Myers. Little do they realise, Michael has come home! Moreover, he has been there all along!! What follows is a very good, entertaining film. Some people feel that this installment was pointless; I don't believe this to be the case at all!

At the time of this film's release, the whole idea of 'Big Brother' reality shows, Internet chatrooms/dating was becoming a big thing worldwide and so Halloween Resurrection picks up on this trend. Basically, the 'Dangertainment' competition in film is like a reality TV show from within the Myers' house. Given all of this, a fun piece of trvia: the working title for this film was 'Halloween.com', hence the title of my review!

I loved Michael Myers' appearance in this film - the mask is as cool as I've ever seen it, frankly! Also, many people disliked the inclusion of Busta Rhymes as a character in the film. Personally, I loved his character, Freddy Harris. He's not a bad actor at all and he certainly brings a little comedic effect to the board and there's nothing wrong with that, in the heel of the hunt.

So, overall, Halloween Resurrection is a very good, entertaining film and certainly worthy of a watch, at the very least. This is the last film of the original Halloween franchise (John Carpenter's franchise, as it's universally known). Given that, I highly recommend this.

Buy it.