4.0 out of 5 stars I was pleasantly surprised

1.0 out of 5 stars Better than Nytol
Published 14 months ago by company director

4.0 out of 5 stars I was pleasantly surprised, 5 Nov 2010
Brian Butterly "Varied Taste" (Dorking UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Final Jeopardy (Paperback)
After reading some of the downbeat reviews - I was seriously considering ditching the book. At the time, however, I had nothing to read on the train so I began it and, to my relief, I became quickly carried away with the story. I found it to be interesting and I really liked the characters. The plot also won my interest and I thought the juxtaposition between the hurly-burly of NYC and the calm of Martha's Vineyard worked well. I also like the portrayal of the Hollywood Star as a self-obsessed user of people to be satisfactory. Perhaps it is a bit cliched but to me that added to my comfort and did not detract. I would happily read more of Linda Fairstein's work, it is easy, absorbing and interesting. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Page-turner, a wealth of authentic detail John Grisham lacks, 16 Jan 2001
By A Customer
Linda Fairstein writes about what she knows and, happilly for her (and her readers), her real life job is exciting and involving. Precise information backs up the authenticity of the writing: you know the places she describes exist, which brings the story to life all the more. The characters are complex and none is flawless, making them all the more believable. Add to this an excellent story line with a great twist and you have a real New York page turner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thriller, 9 Aug 2012
This review is from: Final Jeopardy (Alexandra Cooper Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant must read, I enjoyed every minute of reading this book. Looking forward to the second book in the Linda Fairstein Alex Cooper series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Final Jeopardy (Alexandra Cooper Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Another good book! I'm working back through all the early ones that I've missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet !, 2 Dec 2013
If you haven't tried Linda Farstein yet - you must now. Goes from strength to strength. Great characters and great plot lines .

1.0 out of 5 stars Better than Nytol, 27 Jun 2013
I have a constant diet of crime fiction ranging from Dick Francis to Karin Slaughter and all in between. This book is the most tedious and annoying I have wasted my time reading in a long, long time. The plot is non-existent, tension level nil, writing style irritating. My most memorable part of the book, which is written in the first person, is where Alex has had some tussle or another, is presumably a bit bedraggled and she says "I looked down at my slender fingers". I ask you, who on earth would say such a thing! Not sure if the author is trying for mild erotica, romance or what one would expect: crime fiction. She has managed to miss the mark on all counts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Final Jeopardy (Alexandra Cooper Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book again really enthralled me couldn't put this book down until I had finished it shook a couple of really late nights

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Final Jeopardy (Alexandra Cooper Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I'm a voracious reader of American crime fiction...Deaver, Child, Kellerman, Cornwell, but am keen to find new authors as I'm running out of material from my favourites. Thought I'd give Linda Farstein a try starting with her first book.
Usually I can't wait to turn the page...have to force myself to stop at the end of a chapter.With this book however I had to make myself persevere with it. There was a decent storyline in there somewhere, but no pace, no tension. Loads of padding and long winded explanations. The main character supposedly dynamic and efficient,was for me at best irritating but in general was unconvincing. I felt that the author was less concerned to weave a story than to educate me in legal procedures.I will give the author another go,in the hope that she evolves, but I'm not prepared to grind on 'til the bitter end this time

4.0 out of 5 stars American DA gets done over by Israeli ...!, 11 July 2011
Not sure I liked this but I like Fairstein's very comprehensive treatment of US law and procedure. We have nothing like it in the UK I believe. I bought one book
cheap (Dance of Death)for travelling and decided to try others. Too many to review and buy however. And don't Americans eat rubbish take-aways?

2.0 out of 5 stars A PLOD, 13 Oct 2009
I read Ms Fairstein's Entombed at the recommendation of Ms Cornwell, and wasn't overly impressed, but decided to give this, her first book, a go. I plodded through it hoping there may be some tension around, and found a page or so near the end. The mystery is how it managed to get onto the best-seller list in the first place! I already have two more of Ms Fairsteins books(bulk purchase!) so I guess I'll plod through those eventually.