5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain board when I needed it.
As with any mainboard purchase, always make sure that the one you choose can do all that you need. This is a basic board, limited in connectivity and add-on potential, but was exactly what I needed. It has fulfilled all that I have asked of it and given me a low-priced upgrade to an older system.
It is also very compact, allowing plenty of room around it in the case,...
Published on 27 Dec. 2012 by R. Fairman

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of the best
Even though this works, i did have to return one, the bios date is 2006 so is an old board, wished i had known about this before i purchased. You can't clock this board, so is just basic. Next board is going to be AMD
Published 24 months ago by Ronald Houghton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain board when I needed it., 27 Dec. 2012
R. Fairman (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Asrock G41M-VS3 R2.0 Micro-ATX MotherBoard (Socket 775, 1333FSB) (Personal Computers)
It is also very compact, allowing plenty of room around it in the case, or is you are pushed for space already, perhaps that little bit extra lee-way once fitted for cabling.
Matched up with 8GB of ram, from an Amazon partner, and an E6600 dual core chip I'm very happy. I don't ask muck of my system, it is definitely more of a slogger putting up with my video coding and lighter browsing and music duties, but again, just what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 19 April 2013
you know , these times are hard at the moment , i dont have the gaming board id like , but this stops me having to upgrade to an i7 just yet , enabling me to use my still good quad core cpu while taking advantage of the ddr3 ram (which works great).
i did the research , i thought that the single lane pci express would choke my hd5870 card in games but it doesnt at all , graphics and performance mean a lot to me and this performs well and doesnt restrict anything i throw at it. its not an expensive board so dont expect miracles but if you want it for the same reason i did then its a great buy.

oh and seller is good , arrived on time , well packaged and a good experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the fan control., 6 Mar. 2013
This motherboard does a decent job for the price, however the fan control options are not the best. I probably would have spent a little more if I had known how bad the fan control was. Also beware of the lack of expansion slots, make sure you read the description. I also recommend reading the manual if you have any issues such as your RAM being slowed down (it only supports a max of 1333 Mhz and you have to set it to a different mode for it to do this).

Overall though if you don't need much in the way of multiple graphics and loads of RAM for a little over £30 it's not bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 21 Sept. 2013
When i first ordered this motherboard i was a socially awkward gamer, I didn't talk to many people online due to my irrational fear of not being accepted.

But after installing this motherboard (after my old one seemingly shorted), I gained the confidence to advance into new frontiers of game play, now i am a strong, confident leader, a light in the dark... a GOD among men!

And i owe it all to the Asrock G41M-VS3 R2.0 Micro-ATX Motherboard, and its Socket 775 processor slot, DDR3 RAM bays, SATA HDD connections, 24pin Mainboard connector and 4pin 12v rails!

Due to this motherboard, I have changed, for the better, and as a god, i now have a legion of kittens to do my bidding!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of the best, 6 Feb. 2013
Ronald Houghton "Rono" (Berkhamsted : UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Asrock G41M-VS3 R2.0 Micro-ATX MotherBoard (Socket 775, 1333FSB), 24 Dec. 2012
I wanted a Micro board (small size) for a start, so for that reason my shortlist would not be the normal.
Then I needed to be able not to replace my Duo Core chip and so needed the 775 socket.
Taking both of these into account, this and one other Gigabyte board was the best available.
Very pleased with the performance of this board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial problem cured, 15 Oct. 2014
Mr. J. H. Taylor "miopicman" (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
This item is installed and working perfectly. There were, however, initial problems due to me not using the correct heatsink. Even though the heatsink looked more than adequate, it did not sit properly onto the processor and make the necessary contact - even with good heatsink compound. However, the board was sophisticated enough to merely cut out when it sensed that the processor was getting too hot and thereby not destroy itself. A suitable (smaller sized) heatsink fixed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap upgrade, 12 July 2014
This was a cheap upgrade to my old PC as the Q6660 was still plenty fast enough for what I needed (I have given up chasing the latest fastest components), I was mainly interested in upgrading the amount of ram (due to video processing) as the old motherboard could only take 2Gb.

The only issue I had was finding RAM that would work with this motherboard, the first lot I brought would not work with it and I initially thought the board was DOA, trying some RAM from a different PC brought it to life and proved the RAM was the problem.

Ended up buying crucial RAM as they guarantee it will work with the motherboards on their compatibility list, was slightly more expensive but worked which was the main thing.

So happy with this purchase and it has given my PC a new lease of life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep fine, 17 Jun. 2013
R. K. Leask "Ray Leask" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Brought to build a cheap base unit around a second hand chip. Does everything I wanted it to. Prospective buyers had better check there are connections for what you want it for. Getting the cpu fan to attach properly to the motherboard was a pain but so was the fan on my main PC. One odd thing was that my single DDS3 DIMM would only allow the MB to boot if it was placed in the B slot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but....., 28 May 2013
Great, but I needed my Windows 7 disc as it would not configure from the hard drive or recovery discs even in safe mode. Also I had to buy new memory as the ones out of the old mother board were not compatible.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›