Flavour Name: Fish|Change

on 26 August 2014
Unfortunately Naturediet have changed their production methods and the result is that the seals are no longer tight and pulled down on the packs making it impossible to tell if the contents is starting to swell due to exposure to air and bacteria or not. They supposedly did this because some customers complained that the seals were hard to remove. End users could have used a knife to cut open the pack if they had difficulty using their hands.

I will not risk my dogs Health with these potentially dangerous new packs, the one way we could tell packs were blown has now been removed. This change to the packing is a stupid move by NatureDiet. What on earth were they thinking! A number of Amazon customer have complained about rancid content and other suppliers have received complaints too. I received a Rancid pack last week as well but not from Amazon I should point out. The new production method is flawed unfortunately. What a shame, another good product spoilt by trying to fix something that wasn't broken to begin with!
on 29 March 2015
Totally agree with other reviews on this product-have used both the chicken and lamb Naturediet for years but the last two orders have now been donated to a rescue centre.
The product has definitely changed-sloppy consistency/blown packets/offensive smell and more important my dogs will not touch it.
Just to make sure it wasn't supplier went to local pet store to buy a couple of packets(chicken and lamb varieties) exactly the same rubbish.
Another long time customer lost-sorry Naturediet but why change recipe?
on 10 November 2011
Our dog has been on this food for a while, we feed it to him occasionally as a treat instead of his usual dry food for one of his meals. I think our dog would love it if we could feed this to him for all his meals, he just loves it and tucks in straight away. He always licks his bowl clean and to us he looks very happy afterwards and always gets excited if he knows its his meal that day.

Highly recommended, its great quality food and our dog just loves it. We also feed the puppy version to our younger dog and she adores it as well and is just the same. So this food is a big hit for all dogs and I am sure any dog will lick the bowl clean.

Delivery of the item was excellent, it arrived within a few days and the packaging was great. What more could you want? great item and great quick delivery.
on 20 September 2014
BEWARE - Naturediet have changed how the pouch is sealed and it simply doesn't work. Out of three boxes at least 10 pouches had burst seals. This renders them unfit for use and creates a mess on the other pouches. I believe that this is a known problem. I would AVOID until they get the packaging right.
on 19 October 2014
My little pug puppy used to love this food, until recently. The packets looked bubbled and the actual food was darker, full of jelly and a strange sloppy consistency. I searched online and on their actual website it says they've changed production plant and even though the food and packaging may look different the food and ingredients is the same- my dog would disagree.

I messaged the company and they have said they have made improvements and offered to send me some to try (18/10/14) but I've been put off with the recent changes.

As it was before, my puppy loved this food.
on 11 December 2013
I bought this after reading other reveiws, and have not been disappointed.I usually feed my 9yr old retriever with dry food (with occasional leftovers to make it tastier for her) , as every brand of wet food that I have tried gives her diarrhoea. Absolutely no problem with this, and she loves it, keeps going back to lick out her dish like she does after having 'human food', whereas with dry food she looks at it with disgust, and only eats it when she realises that I am not going to add anything interesting to it.It would be nice if they had other flavours in the senior/lite range variety to give a change of taste, as I am trying to lower her weight to ease her arthritic back legs,
on 13 December 2014
What have they done to this product.... My large German shepherd has enjoyed nature diet for 10 years and Has enjoyed incredibly good health and no problems with his bowels. Within a week of having the new formula he has awful wind and sloppy bowel movements. In addition the food smells yuck and the packages easily burst. They have ruined an excellent product and I now have to find a new feed for my dog at a late stage in his life. Such a shame
on 29 August 2013
I ordered a pack of 18 nature diet for my puppy as I thought it would be cheaper but when I openend the box found two of the packs were about to explode as they were off and this morning when I took another one out it too had ballooned so had to throw it away as well. So far have lost 3 of the 18 and am not sure how many more I'll have to through away. It is becoming a very expensive purchase of pupy food at this rate.
on 19 January 2015
My 2 year old lab grew up on this stuff. It used to be excellent.

Then there was no production for several months with no explanation on the manufacturers website or anywhere which I found most irresponsible....

Now it's back, but they've gone and changed the packaging and formula. The packaging is still hard to open but one can overcome that.
However, the product is now really gooey and a lot of it sticks in the container. My dog still loves the stuff as they obviously put the right smell inside, but now he farts a lot (really smelly ones).

Time to move away from this manufacturer. They had a good product, but have ruined it and have demonstrated that they are not reliable or care about customers.

Bye naturediet ....
on 11 May 2014
Arrived on time. The dogs love this meat,they love the lamb,unfortunatlely half the pack has blown after
a few days. I tried to find out how to complain but failed, so I am doing it this way, I can't sent them back
As the smell is vile. I saw another review stating the same complaint.