Colour: Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was impressed when this watch first arrived. After wrestling with packaging that Alcatraz would have been proud of, I pulled out a sleek aesthetic watch that looks good just as a simple watch. But for the price, we all want a little bit more than that, no?

After a little bit of faff registering with the Nike website (which was generally easy enough but the Flash interface was annoying) this watch finally plug and played, and off I went.

The menus are easy to navigate, and the double tap backlight is a neat little touch.

The foot pod, if you don't have "Nike" compatible trainers, is a bit of a sly marketing ploy, but you can easily buy pouches and so forth to make it a cheaper experience and still get the full utilisation of the product Shoe Pouch for Nike+iPod Sensor - Compatible with Nike + iPod Sport Kit. However, note that with this watch, unlike the original sportwatch, you have to buy the Apple Nike and iPod Sensor separately. Sneaky.

Test 1) in the back of beyond, doing a quick jogging circuit around the village I live in. Got a GPS signal fine and dandy, uploaded my results to the site, got nagged when I didn't jog again the next day (I had optimistically said I would do a little bit every day, hah!)

Test 2) jogging around the canals in Birmingham. GPS was almost impossible to get, I am guessing because of the height of the buildings (and the same reason I do not use sat nav, which I have seen have major fits in large cities).

The latter flaw makes it impossible to use in built up areas from the looks of things, which will knock out a potentially huge demography of people potentially wanting to buy this device. Hpwever, if you connect the watch to your laptop / computer shortly before you go on your run and download the latest satellite data, GPS sync is far more effective.
Colour: Black/Green|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )

The menus are easy to navigate, and the double tab backlight is a neat little touch.

The foot pod, if you don't have "Nike" compatible trainers, is a bit of a pain, but I got used to that.

As a standalone watch it is functional and really pretty, but I wouldn't catch myself forking out over £150 for a Nike watch just for its looks. Stick to known manufacturers making purpose-driven devices such as the Garmin Forerunner, until this has a declared firmware upgrade that irons out the kinks (if indeed it can).
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 December 2011
Colour: Black/Green|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This striking and distinctive watch from Nike is their current flagship model and is promoted heavily on their website. In fact it is not really a watch as displaying the time is just a small part of what it does. Aside from timekeeping it also tracks your running time, distance, pace, heart rate and calories and displays on screen as required. It also uploads all your data to the Nike website where you can view it in graphical form.

Early versions of this wrist mounted sports computer, for that is what it really is, lacked many basic features and was buggy and unreliable in use. Nike claim now to have addressed these issues and the most recent update added a stopwatch (yes, previously this sports watch did not have one), an alarm, allowed users to adjust time without a connected PC, option to display speed or pace, option to show black text on white background, fixed various bugs. However, as reading the reviews here and elsewhere shows many users are still claiming GPS and other reliability issues.

The watch worked well for me but I have yet to put through any really demanding tests. It offers all that the average runner could need but there are some better specified devices out there that the professional might favour over this one. Many of the web interface features will be of interest more to the social runner that loves tech as much as athletics. Bizarrely, for a sports watch, it does not claim to be waterproof.

The GOOD
Looks great
Large easy to read display
comfortable to wear
All basic timekeeping and sports features
firmware updates add features and fix bugs
Tracks your time, distance, pace, heart rate and calories
interfaces with Nike website:
Sets run reminders
view run history shows your mapped route, with pace data, and changes in elevation
find new run areas

The BAD
Poor satelite sync
Beep too qiuet
Uses rechargable battery
reduced feature set - just Pace, distance, HRM and (simple) intervals
Probably not for pro users
Firmware can be updated from the website
USB plug buckle seems flimsy
Not waterproof
Doubts over reliability and accuracy

Conclusion:
This is a well specified and very attractive watch that offers all that most runers will need. However, the lack of some specialised features and continued doubts over reliability may make professionals look elsewhere.
on 13 July 2011
I have them from last week, synced 5-6 runs and I already love them. Veeeery easy to use, nobody would be left behind, everybody included:) Simple and clear menu. I bought them after I read quite a lot of reviews on various Garmins and Nike+ GPS (mine first GPS watch) and I feel I got what I wanted and expected. If you want to read really comprehensive reviews and comparisons, google dcrainmaker and you will find on his webpage all and beyond info on this and other GPS watch. Here are just my few notes from fresh experience.

GPS: Pick-up of the signal is quick, each time after maybe 100m of walk. I used them also without foot sensor and it lost the GPS signal only after 20m in tunnel under highway, otherwise perfect connection. I ran this morning in the rain, using also foot sensor and I had absolutely no issue at all with GPS signal and/or foot sensor. You can cheaply buy pouch sensor that fits all trainers also on Amazon.

Data: you can see on the display during the run all the usual data. Please note, that originally they didn't have the average pace, but that's changed via a firmware update, so the first time you connect them to your computer, they would be automatically updated, if they don't have the latest firmware.

Heart sensor: I'm using the one from Polar, after initial adjustments (I have never wore one before) it's working reliably.

Battery: I read it's better than most Garmins, but don't expect any miracles.

Requirement: availability of computer - for charging, setting etc. you can't do it without it.

Nike+ webpage: here I have an objection, sometimes it's hard to log in (although the sync worked automatically and always perfect insofar). Beta version is also available and that looks very good. Overall I love that it's not too scientific, but more like play and have fun, including setting up goals, participate in different challenges (by running and syncing your runs), but still contains all the data that I need and that keep me in touch with my runs. Maybe a real pro would need more, but for as general public that's fine enough.

I would gave it 4 stars, because the webpage reliability should be better, but I'm simply so satisfied, that I need to give them status of - I love it! - based on all the above, plus it's so nice after the run to see the sparkling stars message on breaking the record or other encouraging message.

If you want to have nicely looking GPS watch, that are easy to use and still giving you all the data you need, I guess you will not regret buying them.

UPDATE 30.08.2011: After running with the watch 420km, I'm lowering the rating from 5 to 3 stars:
- automatic connect and upload of runs is not working anymore (not unusual as I see), I need to manually open application and then it uploads
- current pace is completely unreliable, floating too much
- this morning all my runs have been deleted from the watch, while connected to my mac. Fortunately they remained on website.
- interval running doesn't include warm-up and coold down setting and as I want to keep the total mileage becuase of my endurance plan I follow, I don't want to start them after warm up
- "quick start" with shoe pod is not working as declared - if chosen, the watch stop trying to link the satellite. I thus don't have GPS data (elevation etc.) on one of my longer runs (25km), which is not nice.
Will keep you updated, if I decide to return them or not.
on 26 March 2016
I've had my Nike + a while now and just wanted briefly share my views. Please take or leave. Firstly I like Nike products and actually this is no exception, it is the functionality that is the problem. Firstly in the main everything is through the Nike dashboard, so if you want to mix up your intervals whilst out, forget it, unless I've missed something, this is done through the dashboard. The HRM is good, I don't have a problem with wearing a strap (in fact I like the feeling when it reveals I'm losing the Moobs!), but if their GPS technology is anything to go by, if they bring a strapless version avoid like the plague! I have tried everything, I live in a good signal area, my phone, garmin handheld etc all work with no problems, this watch just seems to struggle with the task. I have tried starting it by a window, outside and leaving it whilst I sort my other bits such a stretching etc. The other problem is you can start recording a work out until all the features have linked and this morning enough, was enough. After 35 mins into my run, it was still searching for GPS, which meant I had no HRM either. In the end I had to stop, cancel the GPS and use just as HRM. I am now on the hunt for a bit of kit to replace this old boy ... Please avoid, there are better products out there
on 4 April 2015
I was initially pleased with the product. Whilst living in a city, it seemed to work well. However, when I moved home to a small town in Cornwall, the GPS would take over a minute before connecting to gps, which is horrible in December! I had to buy a nike sensor, which did improve its use slightly. Finally, and most disappointedly, part of my strap has broken after only 3 months of normal use, which is desperately disappointing considering that I paid over £100 for the product. Unfortunately, Amazon don't replace products after a month, so there is nothing I can do about this.
on 13 May 2013
I started running for fitness reasons 6 months ago using the Nike+ app on my iphone. I decided to buy the sports watch from the nike store in London (in a moment of impulse buy madness).

When I connected the watch to my work PC I had problems setting up the watch to link to my existing online account, I logged in but it constantly logged me straight back out. When I got home I went for a run, the GPS took about 3 minutes to link to the satellite but at the end of my usual run the distance measured was very close to the one recorded on the iphone app.

I connected the watch to my home pc and it linked to my account instantly, and the GPS fix data was uploaded to the watch - now it takes <30 seconds to link to the satellite.

The USB connector seems a little fragile - time will tell.

I used it to track some walks in Scotland last week, the battery wasn't fully charged and still lasted well through a 5.5hr walk.

If I didn't already have al my records on the Nike+ website I might have gone the Garmin route as they have a more established history of GPS watches, although I am very happy so far with Nike's offering.
on 29 November 2014
Does what says on the tin pretty much. One thing I would say is that even with latest software update it still takes ages to connect to a satelite each time you use it. The battery life is also pretty poor but good for one or two long runs.
on 18 January 2014
I have now owned this for 18 months so feel that I can comment on this now. I have trained and run two marathons using it and it has been very reliable. It is a good product at doing what it claims.

I think it looks good although is a bit chunky to wear under a work shirt with cuffs done up so for me is a sports watch only.

Some people complain about it failing after 1 year and so the following will make sure that it lasts as long as possible.
- It is not waterproof. At best it is splashproof. So, if it rains, try to cover it with your top/jacket.
- Use the cable that it comes with to connect it to a PC to avoid contorting the watch strap.
- When you have finished your exercise, take it off and wipe the strap and usb bit with a cloth to dry it out straight away.
- To get the fastest satellite uplink, plug it in if you haven't done so for a couple of days before you run.

Finally, a note to Nike - can you think about using the little footpod that this links to to show running cadence/strides per minute and record this on the watch.
on 29 July 2012
... but that is where it all ends.

Functionality is fine, for a simple running watch, though attempted to calibrate several times due to the speed on my watch fluctuating massively whilst maintaining a constant speed on a treadmill.

I bought the watch beginning of June 2012; and have noticed cracks all around the USB stick by the end of July 2012. Will provide some pictures.

I Expected a lot more wear for more money than this Nike tut tut, back to Polar for me.
review image review image review image review image review image