5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose
I was suprised how thin the material was but if you get the right size like I did, they are very effective. Only complaint is they are a little awkward to get on as they are so tough. Not had any more problems with my calf since. Better than compression socks in my view and they look good!
Published 20 months ago by Hubzy

2.0 out of 5 stars Good snug fit, but for some people (like me), not helpful
Published 21 months ago by Purple Dragon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 25 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Really effective, 21 Jun 2012
These were bought as a gift, though I do have a pair myself and must stress the importance of buying the right size. Unlike some other compression calf guards which can be little more than lycra footless socks, this brand really does compress the muscle and support the leg.

Highly recommended for runners and triatheletes alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good strong support, 25 May 2013
Item delivered quickly. I have also got Skins calf guards, but these feel like they give you more support so will be using these more in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great compression but white gets stained easily., 15 Jan 2013
B. J. Cole "maz" (UK) - See all my reviews
Great compression but white gets stained easily. Maybe black might be a better choice of colour as once the white gets splashed while out running through puddles it never returns to the original perfect white.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit, 8 Jun 2014
After straining my left calf fell running for the second time I needed to make sure it didn't happen again. I'd only rested 3 weeks but wanted to do a fell race. I read a load of reviews, trail runner being the most informative, and these came top. As soon as I put them on I felt confident to go running. They fully support the calf and I had no problems at all. They are supposed to speed up the blood flow through the leg muscles improving oxygen supply and recovery by shifting lactic acid quicker than without them. They are very well made and well worth the cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Compressport Calf Guards R2 (Race & Recovery) - (Misc.)
I just received these and they are of good quality, similar to Skins etc. If you are looking for compression calf guards you probably know what they do and how they can help, so I will not go in to that. But so far these are spot on, good fit and seem to be of high quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good snug fit, but for some people (like me), not helpful, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Compressport Calf Guards R2 (Race & Recovery) - (Misc.)
I got these compression devices after tearing my calf muscle. Desperate to get back to exercise quickly, and not wanting to injure my muscle further, I got these as soon as I was allowed to start training again. Once I visited the company site, it was straightforward to get the correct size (Amazon don't supply the sizing information) and they are very secure once on. They also have lasted very well through a couple of washes, and wash easily. But, for a few people (of which I am one) who have tight calf muscles, further pressure starts creating a type of compartment syndrome after exercising for some time. That means that the calf muscles start swelling, and with no place to swell to, they start compressing the blood vessels. That leads to poor blood supply to the muscle, and cramps. At worst, it can cause muscle injury although this is uncommon. I must emphasise that most people will not have tight calf muscles (I only learned that I did from my physio) but it is a warning to those people to be aware of the problem. Reluctantly, I stopped using them, and I am exercising without cramping up now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent!!!!, 28 April 2014
Very nice style and excelent quality in the this runner piece. I loved it. Five stars for runners or cycling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, 12 Mar 2014
Firstly, I should point out I rarely ever write reviews on Amazon unless the product is woeful or amazing. I am totally overwhelmed with these compression sleeves/socks whatever you call them - these have totally transformed my running ability, as I'm prone to long term shin pain/splints from poor running technique and poorly fitting shoes. Now my legs are fixed and shoes chosen to fit my needs, these calf guards are the last piece of the jigsaw for recovery and reducing the aches associated with shin splints.
They are perfect for my needs and highly recommend them to all.
Sizing - get a tape measure and following the instructions - it's not hard to find the largest point of your calf and length of shin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Running Again, 23 Feb 2014
I recently tore my calf muscle which was very painful and very debilitating. I was devastated that I couldn't run. I research this product which had very good reviews. I have only had them a couple of weeks but they are amazing and have helped me return to running after 7 weeks.

Compressport Calf Guards R2 (Race & Recovery) -