5.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly Good!!
As a semi-pro acid-trance/techno and drum & bass DJ and promotor for 20 years, and a total Audiophile, I wasn't expecting too much from these, coz as a rule you do get what you pay for. But sometimes rules are meant to be broken, and these babies SMASH the rule book to bits! They have the same tech specs as Dr Dre's Beats and the shape, size and comfort of the seminal HD...
Published on 17 Nov 2011 by Mr. Ben 'Goatboy' Waters

3.0 out of 5 stars Deceiving Picture
They are good quality for money, but i will say the picture is a little deceiving, they are much smaller than they look in the picture.
Published on 17 April 2012 by Valerie Smith

‹ Previous | 116 17 18 19 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphones, 4 Jan 2012
A. J. HAGAN - See all my reviews
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
these headphones are a great buy there supperstrong as i kinda dropped them out of the school window :P the sound quality is compared to dr dre beats or monster beats with there great base the headphone are all to geather a great buy for music lovers there great with metal/pop and rock 'n' roll :)

4.0 out of 5 stars great value, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
got the headphone 3 days after payment...
quite impressive with the sound quality and the design.. i like how the earpads fit perfectly to my ear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
I own the in ear version of these so I thought they'd be a good choice. I was right.

These are amazing headphones, It's quality on all songs are amazing, but what I really bought these for is for the bass. Thank god I did the bass on these are incredible it doesn't loose any quality at full volume kicking out the bass.

The headphones themselves are very comfortable and quite tight on the head which I prefer.

Brilliant product

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!! A lot better than J ...., 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
PROS:
- not heavy
- medium size
- solid
- rich bass
- price
- Ear cushion comfortable

CONS
- medium noise cancellation
- top of head cushion not very comfortable
- make you sweat a bit

Verdict:
I bought the JVC HAM5X at first but I decided that they were too big for me. So I bought these as well. They are goooooood!!!! And only 22 quid. They definitely worth it. I can't say the same for the HAM5X. They have rich bass, as expected. I believe these are suitable to a bigger range of people rather than the HAM5X. They are portable which means you don't mind wearing them around your neck when you don't want to listen to music. Something which is impossible with the HAM5X. To keep it short, these are quite impressive. I wouldn't regret buying them...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
I'm a Dubstep listener and DJ and have been for quite a few years now. I was kind of tentative when buying these, as I very rarely stray away from Sony headphones. But I took a punt, and bought these anyway! First things first, I was pretty impressed, the sound quality is very good, but this was only at first listen for me. When I started using these more frequently, I found that the casing around the right can had loosened off very much, whether this was through shipping or just because it was poorly made, I'm unsure. Obviously, this somewhat affected the sound quality, it made the lower end bass sound very loose, losing the deep effects which I enjoy in my music :(
Also, the headphones themselves are huge, much much bigger than anything I have previously used. The problem with this for me was that it made wearing the headphones for any extensive period of time very uncomfortable.
Good for the money for sure, but think very carefully before you buy, there are more comfortable, better sounding and definitely better lasting headphones available for not much more money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Dec 2014
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
Great sound but very uncomfortable, gave them away and bought a pair of AKG K550's which are much nicer

2.0 out of 5 stars ouch, 6 Sep 2014
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
Bad too much bass no mid range and extremely uncomfortable after 2 minutes your ears are killing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Headphones for SMALL heads, 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
I bought these when they were on offer for £17.50 and thought I was getting a bargain. After using the headphones for a few days I thought I would share my opinion of them.
They claim to be 'bass' headphones but are rather poor at overall sound reproduction. The bass is more punchy and shallow than I like and is not to the same standard as the Sony XB300's - the bass produced by the Sony's is a lot richer and deeper. I own a pair of the Sony XB500's and the bass that they produce is far superior than these and any other sub £100 headphones I have listened to.
I ended up giving these headphones away to a friend because I didnt like how tight they were and the quality of bass reproduction wasnt quite to my liking.
I own a pair of Bose On Ear headphones and they are extremely comfortable whereas these feel like a vice gripped to your head.

In summary I would recommend to those who cant quite afford a pair of the Sony XB series and to those with smallish heads.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY uncomfortable and absolutely useless, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
I am not sure that the other reviewers are owning the same pair of headphones. They are very uncomfortable, completely rigid, there is no movement to adjust to the head. After wearing them for more than an hour ears really hurt. I am a woman, but when I stretch them to the max they barely fit. And as already mentioned in previous reviews, the wire is just too short (just something over one meter).
Absolutely useless. Waste of money.

2.0 out of 5 stars THE PAIN!!!!!!!!, 15 April 2012
This review is from: JVC HAS4X Xtreme Xplosives On Ear Headphone (Electronics)
good sound in terms of £25 headphones but no better then any other similar priced headphones I've used so just because these hurt you ears after a pretty sort period of time, your money is better spent elsewhere.
Over ear headphones do hurt your ears after long use no matter what you use, but these are really bad I don't recommend

‹ Previous | 116 17 18 19 | Next ›