on 29 January 2013
I love music - it's one of my huge passions in life. Over "many" years I have purchased and on the whole, been extremely disappointed with headphones costing 1 pound or so to rather a lot !!

To me they're a funny breed of things - either hyper-analytical, flat and dead sounding or simply rubbish !

I've tried phones from Grado (SR60, 80 and 125's) Sennheiser (too many to mention), AKG, Audio Technica, Beyer Dynamic .... the list goes on.

Ok, enough rattling on - these small cans are nothing short of ASTONISHING. At first listen, they are what you might expect for the money (maybe slightly better), but let them "burn-in" for a few hours and they really start to sing. Nothing is over-emphasised, no bloated bass, no harsh highs, just beautifully balanced, fluid and well, I'm lost for words really !

Ignore the price for the moment - these are the BEST headphones I have used for a very long time. I can really appreciate and understand what other reviewers have said (especially the sound engineer's review).

They are simply supremely musical, balanced, sensitive and down-right fantastic. I don't even need to re-eq the sound ! they're very comfortable too (I sometimes forget I have them on, even over long periods) and they block out quite a lot of external sound too. I managed to buy them at £10 and was simply going to use them for occasional use at work (rather than the incredibly uncomfortable in ear things).

These have now replaced (literally, I've sold them) my Audio Technica ATH-AD700's costing TWELVE times as much - these JVC's are infinately more MUSICAL, far less hi-fi.

That's the crux of it really - we are all looking for "better" the whole time, logically thinking that the more you pay the better it will be. If ever there is a case in point that this simply is not so, it's with the JVCs.

BUY A PAIR NOW !!!!
55 comments36 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2013
I bought a pair of these for my wife, who dislikes 'in-ear' phones. She isn't a hi-fi buff and just wanted some light and comfortable headband phones. I thought these would be OK as they were very well reviewed but doubted that I would like them as, well, they don't cost enough to be much good, do they? I borrowed them this evening, as she told me that they sounded better than any headphones she had ever used. Stone me! I've had Sennheisers, Panasonic, AKG and other quite expensive phones over the past 20 years and these are at least as good as any of them. They also sound much nicer than earbud phones - lots of space and depth and I have reset the EQ on the iPod and turned it down to get the best out of them. Have just ordered a pair for myself. The 'get what you pay for' maxim doesn't apply here! How do they do that?
on 4 July 2012
Very pleased with these headphones. The sound is nice and clear with good base and no detectable sound leakage.
They're comfortable to wear. The earphones are quite compact and don't feel too tight against my ears and there seems to be plenty of adjustment in the size of the headband, so it should fit most people. I use them on my laptop, but the lead is long enough to be used with an MP3 player or phone.
on 20 February 2013
the fit, good.
comfort, good
lightweight, good
sound, excellent
price, hard to beat
even if they got nicked or lost they are not expensive to replace
you may well consider these as must have purchase for TV or MP3 sound
North London
on 28 October 2012
This works really good with my ipod. I also use it for my laptop. Sound quality seems very good (I'm no audiophile). And all for a tenner - thus no point in over-complicating this review. Happy Days :-)
on 20 May 2015
I love them.
Very comfy on ears and suitable for me - I have small head and sensitive ears. I can't use in ear headphones, as my ear canals are narrow and when trying to use any in ear pieces I was ending up bleeding.

So I was down to over-ear models.
I was looking for something with decent basses and mellow middle of the soprano scale with the price not higher than £15, as I use them in an office only, so I do not want expensive ones.
This model is fitting the bill. Bases - while not very meaty - are decent and sopranos aren't metallic or shrill, so it is enough for me.
I have to say, they are long lasting. I have now 3rd pair, they are lasting me with everyday use around 1,5 years.
And I know - as long as I am listening to music while working in the office - I will be ordering them.
on 29 February 2012
Good for the money and cheaper than ARGOS when purchased. Being able to fold 'flat' is quite a boon and the sound quality is of more than acceptable quality for headphones of this size and price. They aren't quite as 'closed' as required or anticipated, but overall provide good value. There's no individual control of the volume level and the connecting cable is quite short and thin but contributes to their light weight.
on 15 November 2012
purchased these for when i go running and now use them all the time. very comfortable brilliant value for the price
on 13 July 2013
used to work in music production so have had some wonderful (huge) old headphones but they've finally died beyond repair so read lots of reviews and decided these were worth a punt (or £12). At this price you get a superbly balanced set of headphones - I've tested these on all types of music from rock to classical, electronic funk, blues, country, folk even harsh modernist which seriously challenges speakers and the result is - I am going to buy some spares of these
lightweight comfortable and sound is brilliant
o yes in so many colours !
only snag slightly short lead at 1.2m

please remember the tip to plug these into some music a burn in for 90mins or so - it does work improves the speakers response
Enjoy
on 9 June 2015
For the price the sound from these headphones is excellent, they are compact and good to use for traveling around, you could probably fit them in a jacket pocket. The colour is not the same as on the picture they are more of a shiny royal blue colour, but they are really good value