1,220 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Coin!
After 5 years, I had gone through at least 4 pairs of IPod Headphones (which, as well as being expensive, have inadequate sound quality) and some Skullcandy ones (which broke to pieces within about 4 months). So, feeling rather down on my luck and definitely down on cash, I bought a pair of these! I wasn't expecting much, but really, these are the best Headphones I've...
Published on 8 Oct. 2011 by Ms. L. J. Braisby

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother.
Been using JVC headphones for years, mainly for the cheap price, but impeccable sound quality. Then all of a sudden, they just disappeared, and replaced with "bass boost" the sound quality of the bass boost headphones is that of a fart in a tin can, I've foolishly bought 2 pairs of them, mistaking them for the original gummy headphones, and then throwing them away...
Published 18 days ago by joe staples

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound reproduction, 6 Oct. 2014
Tom Douglas (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
A cheap pair of replacement headphones that have a very poor sound reproduction, but the sound is very clear and they are well made.

The sound reproduction is a lack of bass create a thin hollow sound. My wife uses them while running, when accuracy of the sound doesn't matter, and I have used them for radio, which again is okay.

For listening music they should be avoided. Two stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two new pairs, both faulty!!!!, 4 Oct. 2014
Have been using JVC GUMY earphones for quite a few years and they tend to last a good amount of time. But I bought two new pairs in August as my old ones stopped working after about a year. My first pair of new ones were fine at first but after about a week the plastic covering around the 3.5mm jack became unstuck and I had to keep reattaching it. When it kept coming off it would leave the two wires exposed, which after a few days, broke. I thought okay, maybe that pair was just a one off since I have had no problems with them in the past, so I moved onto my second new pair. They are working okay currently but if I lightly push the same bit of plastic covering that came off on the last pair, the sound stops from one side and the volume of the sound decreases, this is really annoying as this happens a lot whilst my music player is in my pocket! The sound just cuts out every so often. Absolutely rubbish, will be buying different ones in future, which is a shame as I always liked this brand of earphones, clearly they are cutting corners now in manufacturing or quality of materials!! Don't buy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Them ^_^, 3 Nov. 2011
Been using Gumy headphones way before iPods came out and I needed a new pair, worried about the new design that it won't fit in my ear comfortably but they simply do, I barely notice them. Love the colour, although it's not quite red, it's definably not pink. The packing is a bit awkward especially when I had to get the scissors out and be extra careful not to cut the wires, that's where the star has gone. When comparing them with the older version I noticed the clearer sound and much louder and more bass. I never noticed a singer's echo from her voice during the chorus in her one of her songs until today. I would definably recommend these, cheap but perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't, 1 Jun. 2014
After years of buying GUMY earphones, I bought these to replace a purple pair I bought the week before. Both sets of these earphones were advertised falsely, and made no mention of the new bass boost form. The photos showed the original in ear GUMY earphones, not the dire crackly quality of the new 'improved' bass boost. I just wanted my original earphones!
Also the colour which arrived was NOT peppermint blue but a dark blue set, to add insult to injury. I've now wasted money twice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: JVC Gumy In Ear Headphones for iPod / iPhone / MP3 Devices - Lychee White (Electronics)
Bought these to replace my iPod earphones. They are very much better and produce a far superior sound quality.
I have more expensive headphones but these earphones are lighter and better for travelling. Extremely good value for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars JVC ear Headphones, 26 Mar. 2014
Quick delivery
great quality of headphones
well secured in a box
I would recommend it to any one because it a great headphone to use while working out in gym

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Quality, 23 Mar. 2014
Great headphones. I was really impressed with the quality of the sound from these, particularly the bass. They are very comfortable, even after prolonged use. I have owned these for just under a year, and use them almost daily, and they show no signs of wear whatsoever. Would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not very loud when on highest volume, 22 Feb. 2014
They are good quality for the price but for some reason they are much quieter than other earphones. Not sure if they are all the same, faulty or im just going deaf haha! But very much worth the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars One Ear Problem, 3 Dec. 2013
I would like to make clear that I think these are genuine JVC gumy headphones.

I have been using JVC gumy headsphones for years however I think it's time to accept that they're just not good enough. I really like them principally because they are comfortable, the sound quality is decent, and they are reasonable priced. My problem however is that the sound cuts on the right ear after some time (a year, 6 months, depending on the situation). I chalked this up to wear and tear, as well as the port on my iPod but after reading so many complaints about this issue, I think the headphones might be at fault.

I purchased these headphones exactly 2 months ago and the sound just cut out this morning. It's simply not worth the effort anymore. I'm moving on to a new brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even 7 days, 23 Nov. 2013
I've ordered this item TWICE and within a few days literally the left/right ear broke!!! One ear per headphone! I used to love them but no no no