1,062 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Coin!
Published on 8 Oct 2011 by Ms. L. J. Braisby

1.0 out of 5 stars Two new pairs, both faulty!!!!
Published 2 months ago by Dazza10

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Coin!, 8 Oct 2011
Ms. L. J. Braisby "leigh" (Doncaster, South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
After 5 years, I had gone through at least 4 pairs of IPod Headphones (which, as well as being expensive, have inadequate sound quality) and some Skullcandy ones (which broke to pieces within about 4 months). So, feeling rather down on my luck and definitely down on cash, I bought a pair of these! I wasn't expecting much, but really, these are the best Headphones I've ever owned! They're durable and have excellent sound quality! You can get them in a range of different colours but I loved these Violet coloured ones, and am definitely going to buy another pair in the same colour just in case. I've had these now for just over a year, and they're still like new. Brilliant quality for the money, well worth it!

4.0 out of 5 stars my favourite headphones, 15 Mar 2013
I went through various brands of headphones from cheap to expensive and it always felt a bit like gambling. No matter how much money I paid, there was never a guarantee for the headphones to be long lasting or the quality to be good. A couple of year ago I bought my first set of gumy headphones which lasted for almost a year. In my experience that is rather good for a pair of headphones that cost less than ten pounds and have a reasonably good sound quality. I haven't bought any other brand since!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on for day to day use, 17 Dec 2012
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
I've had loads of pairs of headphones over the last 35 odd years, my first were two tin cans connected by string. I thought they were good myself! Well it seems headphones have moved on fortunately.

These being gummy can fit any sized ear so no more fiddling about with tiny silicone covers for different sized ears, good idea! The cable length is not too long either in my opinion. They fit snugly into the ear and once music/radio/DS/ipod or whatever is being pumped through them they do sound great. The sound is brilliant, crisp and very clear, you can pick up on individual sounds/layers in music that you probably couldn't without them. They are definitely geared for heavy bass but that does not take from anything else. If you've never used gummy headphones before these will blow you away for sure. One good aspect of this type of headphone is that you do not need to have the volume too loud at all as the sound is being directed deep into your ears, no damaged ear drums! I purchased two pairs of these, one for me for my phone which has a 3.5mm socket which I have tons of music stored on and one pair for my son who uses his on his ipod nano, DS, pc games and guitar amp so we don't have to listen to a 14 year old banging Slipknot and Slayer riffs out! I know what your thinking. . . .14 year old and Slipknot. . .but you need to meet him! Anyway. . . .you will love these headphones, they're brilliant!

I love this blue colour too!

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Mar 2010
SairahRose (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
A perfect fit, and a great sound to boot. Comfortable in the ear, although the wire may be a little too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light & Comfortable, 23 Nov 2011
I really like the colour. These earphones are soft & comfortable, the oval ear shape fits my ears a treat. The sound is good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars indestructable!, 29 May 2014
Usually when a set of headphones (even really expensive ones) gets a good snag, tug or jolt, where both the earpieces and headphone jack are pulled out simultaniously you immediately think, uh oh. These have received several snags, especially when my friends dog decides to jump on me, but they still work as perfectly as the day I bought them thonths ago.

To me, these are like those ancient Nokia phones, apparently an old Nokia survived the transit through a pigs digestive tract and woked perfectly afterwards. It'd be nice to try the pig test on these but I don't own a pig.

Great sound quality and very sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great earphones, 10 Oct 2011
when i looked at the reviews for the earphones i had doubts because someone mentioned them being faulty, but my friend had a purple pair and they worked just fine. they arrived yesterday and im really happy with the sound quality and comfort of the earphones, for anyone reading this get them, well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, Occasionally Uncomfortable But Good for the Price, 11 May 2012
I planned to buy a £25 pair of JVC headphones, but saw these which were, according to reviews, almost as good, and I saw they were very cheap. The cord is long enough for me, just over one metre. I hoped the earphones themselves would be the type with rubber buds and easy to fit in (I should have seen it in the product image), but they are large solid plastic speakers which are just too big for my ears, and so sometimes become uncomfortable after prolonged use. Despite this, I haven't had them for very long, but I'm satisfied and they're good for the very cheap price. If you seek HD quality, reach a little deeper into your wallet - but for me these are fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, but check they're not two right ears!, 15 Sep 2014
These are great little ear phones, cheap, fairly tough and the sound quality is ok for the price. I've had several sets so far, and they each last about 12 months of heavy use before the soft plastic that fits in the ears starts to perish. I use them to listen to pod-casts and audio books for which they are great. They are not amazing with music and need to be firmly pushed into your ear to get any decent sound depth, and as long as you keep fairly still they will stay put.

I've just taken delivery of a brand new set, and was a little surprised to find both ear phones are for the right ear. While they are labelled L & R, both are identical in shape and because they are asymmetric and ear-specific this has caused me some problems! I'm currently returning them for a refund. I'm sure this is an 'amusing' one-off manufacturing error, but it might be worth checking yours when they arrive... maybe someone out there has two left-ear ear phones!

In summary, a definite 4 stars for all the previous ones I've had, but I don't think it's fair to mark them down for my latest purchase which is obviously an unusual error! I'll definitely be buying a new pair... though I'll be checking them as soon as they arrive!

And on that note, it's worth saying that the plastic blister pack they come in must be the worst design in the history of packaging - it won't tear, it isn't easy to cut, using scissors is likely to sever the headphone cables which are located too close to the edges, a sharp knife is likely to end with cut fingers. The only way is to hack at it and totally destroy the pack and hope for the best. Please, JVC, consider better packaging!

1.0 out of 5 stars Two new pairs, both faulty!!!!, 4 Oct 2014
Have been using JVC GUMY earphones for quite a few years and they tend to last a good amount of time. But I bought two new pairs in August as my old ones stopped working after about a year. My first pair of new ones were fine at first but after about a week the plastic covering around the 3.5mm jack became unstuck and I had to keep reattaching it. When it kept coming off it would leave the two wires exposed, which after a few days, broke. I thought okay, maybe that pair was just a one off since I have had no problems with them in the past, so I moved onto my second new pair. They are working okay currently but if I lightly push the same bit of plastic covering that came off on the last pair, the sound stops from one side and the volume of the sound decreases, this is really annoying as this happens a lot whilst my music player is in my pocket! The sound just cuts out every so often. Absolutely rubbish, will be buying different ones in future, which is a shame as I always liked this brand of earphones, clearly they are cutting corners now in manufacturing or quality of materials!! Don't buy!!