5.0 out of 5 stars a lot for a little
Published on 6 Sept. 2012 by Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money and waterproof.
Sorry! I bought this item about 18 months ago, but I don't use Amazon that often, so I thought I'd catch up on my 'admin'.

Published 9 days ago by Lisa-Marie Davison

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a lot for a little, 6 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)
Having brought camera equipment for a number of years I had my doubts about the OB case. I took it to Turkey to photo the fish in the sea and lakes and found except for one small problem it worked brilliantly and even got our dive instructor wanting one. I tested it to its maximum depth and beyond and it was perfect. Having returned home and seeing the pictures I had achieved I can honnestly say that this is the must have accessory! I did encounter a few niggling issues to think about which where
1) on my camera, the zoom couldn't fully extend, I countered this by getting closer (obviously)
2) the lense housing sometimes didn't sit correctly so in some photos I can see the outer part of the lense, I countered this by holding the lense and not just the camera.
3) under water you cannot see the screen on your camera due to the reflection of the sun, I didn't solve this but managed to understand best chance shots.

My partner brought a "dri dock" which was poorly made and worse didn't allow the camera to open and extend its lense! So don't buy one of those!

Would I recommend this? Yes! 100% yes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me buying underwater camera, 17 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)
used this product with my cannon Ixus 75, worked better than expected!

did the test with the toilet roll and seemed fine so stuck the camera in and started picture taking underwater

all my best photos was when the camera was set to auto (normal) mode and sometimes there you can see the black ring as the camera moves about if you dont hold it steady.

this bag did exactly what i wanted it to do and impressed me and others around me, bargin for the price paid and i felt my camera was safe the entire time i was underwater with it ( took it to about 3 meters in depth )

4.0 out of 5 stars It was very easy to use with two tabs on the top to ..., 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)
I decided to buy this case as I was going on a week long sea kayak holiday.
It was very easy to use with two tabs on the top to make the case waterproof.
Camera slides in the top and slides about a bit. Once the camera is switched on and the lens comes out the camera is secured in position.
When the lens cover gets wet the drop lets can be seen on the photos as can smear marks, therefore be careful to wipe it before taking photos.
I used it underwater for filming and taking photos and it did not leak at all.
The only thing I found irritating was the fact the key ring supplied to hold the carbines in place rusted after coming into contact with sea water and thus discoloured the lanyard.
The lanyard was very useful as I capsized the kayak a couple of times and it stayed around my neck.
The plastic is quite thick so it takes a bit of effort to switch on the camera and also if your camera has a dial to set the functions this is not useable.
I would say this case is best suited for cameras with complete touch screen control. Otherwise leave it to automatic.
The camera moves about a bit so some tissue or polystyrene is essential to place under the camera to hold it in place.
Also beware that the lens housing black ring is thick and appears on on photos if you are not careful to position camera before talking shots.
Overall a cheap option for snorkelling and shallow water use. Kept camera dry and dust free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good waterproof case but..., 15 Jan. 2014
M. Blackburn "marcusb10" (Romsey, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)
I have had an Overboard iPhone case for over a year and it has been excellent - so I bought one of these for my Panasonix LX7. The LX7 doesn't fit into this case. My old Panasonic TZ5 does fit - and I can see that this case will keep the rain off.

Note that the black lens tube, which is offset towards the end of the case, has a detachable cap to allow use of a zoom. You can still use the case with the lens tube cap attached - but not the zoom. So any underwater photography would be with a fixed focal length.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as advertised, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)
This item performed perfectly. I tested it beforehand as per instructions, and have just used it for snorkelling on several separate occasions, plus a fairly gentle river tubing trip. The case kept the camera dry at all times. You had to take care when turning the camera on, to ensure that the lens extended into the correct position, other than that it was very straightforward to use. I avoided opening the case until back in a clean environment. I had one small occurrence of condensation, on a very hot and humid day ( I was using the included dehumidifier), but this was tiny and did not affect the camera.
I would highly recommend this to anyone who plans very occasional underwater use and doesn't want to invest in a dedicated camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)
Delivered on all aspects! Small and convenient, waterproof tested to 2 meters deep without issues and pictures are great once you manage to get around the dark circle of the case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but fiddly, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)
I bought this to use our camera when we went swimming with manatees in Crystal river. It's good and keep the camera dry, but it's a bit fiddly. You run the risk of getting the black ring around the photo like you are looking down a tunnel.
Great product and I'm a big fan of the overboard products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and fit for purpose, 16 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)
Used it this week in Cyprus and it seems to work okay. The only negative is you have to water test it before every use to ensure it does not leak. Other than that is suits my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product to get some great photos., 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)
Great product, was able to get some successful underwater photos and videos, however you do have to take many photos and select the few good ones, but I gather this is the situation for any underwater photography. You also have to be careful to position the black surround so it doesn't get in on the photos but again I don't expect it to fit every camera perfectly. The item did feel secure and kept my camera, plus money and cards dry and functioning. Would highly recommend for snorkeling and even just to avoid sand getting into your camera on the beach.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money and waterproof., 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Case by Overboard (Sports)

I would recommend this item. It was quite cheap and totally waterproof; although it does fog up. However, the trick to stop it fogging up is to save those little silica packets you find in hand bags and put it in the case with the camera. Works well.

The only issue I have is that the camera does move about in the case, only because it is a small camera, so getting it in line with the view finder was tricky.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›