5.0 out of 5 stars Sat down to read a page or two and couldn't stop!
Published on 2 May 2011 by Dr. N. Starsmore Starsmore Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in parts
This book was recommended to me by someone who knew the author, and pronounced it very funny - I like humour in books and decided to give it a go. She was right - it certainly is funny and actually quite a compelling story.

Published on 29 Jan. 2013 by Malteser

5.0 out of 5 stars Sat down to read a page or two and couldn't stop!, 2 May 2011
I've just spent a week getting very cross with all the people who kept interrupting me when I was lost in this book. The house is a mess, but who cares? From the first sentence, I was drawn into the life of the main character. I was intrigued, I laughed, I was hooked on the plot and absolutely loved the little sub-stories within the book. Andrew Lucas is a great observer of body language, and the reader can instantly "see" the characters from his insightful and often amusing descriptions, whilst never quite knowing the answer to a couple of questions until the very end of the book. An absolute joy, and I hope very much that there will be more from this talented author.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in parts, 29 Jan. 2013
Malteser (Hampshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews

It features a hairdresser, struggling to keep his failing salon afloat who becomes depressed and mentally unstable after the sudden death of his mother, to the extent that he kills one of his clients when she upsets him. Several other murders follow, most of them unintentional, driven by circumstances. His life spirals drastically out of control as he endeavours to stay one step ahead of several people who suspect him, but justice finally catches up with him, although even then his ingenuity saves him eventually.

It's a black comedy, which I would have enjoyed much more if it had only been subject to some serious proof reading - I have never read a book with more errors than this one. I read the Kindle version, which may possibly explain it, but was nevertheless extremely irritating. I know that Andrew Lucas has other works in the pipeline and would suggest that he engages the services of a good proof reader - I'd do it for him myself (at a price).

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading?, 25 Oct. 2011
Mrs. N. Winch "Nicky Winch" (St Albans, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cross Dressed to Kill (Kindle Edition)
This book is long-winded and tedious. It took me about 50 times as long to finish as any other book in recent memory and only because I assumed, wrongly, that it must get better to have received such high ratings from others. I normally find Amazon ratings to be spot on but in this case either I completely missed the point or others' ratings were bumped up by the fact that it is "award-winning" and interestingly titled!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy fiction, 20 Aug. 2014
first half of the book was ok but the whole thing didn't work for me . Total fiction couldn't even begin to picture this , didn't find at all funny and wanted the book to finish. Nearly gave up but pursed to the end. Waste of time reading it. Glad I only paid 77p..

1.0 out of 5 stars High hopes but sorely disappointed, 10 Mar. 2014
Hoping for an effortless read with some laughs I found this dull and disappointing. The descriptions droned on and I found no humour. One of the handful of books in my entire reading life (approx 40years!) that I eventually abandoned without finishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great find!, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Cross Dressed to Kill (Kindle Edition)
I was reading another book at the time when I saw this book on an Amazon recommendations email. I hadn't heard of the author before but I like crime books so as it was only 77p I thought I would give it a go. As a different genre to my other book the idea was I'd read both of these as one a traditional book and this one on my kindle. I had a bit of a dip into this book and just couldn't put it down. It's got murder in it and at times is quite funny. I know it shouldn't be but it was just some of the quirky obsessive ways the murderer has you couldn't help but chuckle and had to find out what happens next. Some reviewers haven't got the point saying that it's not funny- it is- just not to be taken too seriously. Enjoyed it and would read the follow up when it is released.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Cross Dressed to Kill (Kindle Edition)
Started off really well and looked forward to picking it up whenever I could until I got to halfway when it started going downhill. Became repetitious, I was bored and couldn't be bothered finishing it. What a shame after such a good start.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cross dressed to kill, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Cross Dressed to Kill (Kindle Edition)
I echo all of the previous one star reviewers. In the past, I have always managed to finish even the dullest of books but this one beat me. The numerous grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and missing words which were mildly annoying to start with, made my blood boil by the time I was half way through. On top of that, the constant name dropping of 'Starbucks' and 'Marks and Sparks' does make me wonder if there is a sponsorship deal involved. The plot is tedious and humourless, the characters are all very dislikable and corrupt. I have no good things to say about this book and can't urge you enough to save your money and time by choosing something/anything else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book so much, 11 Sept. 2011
Rie (My House) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cross Dressed to Kill (Kindle Edition)
Cleverly written easy to get into and had the effect of making me very unsociable. Even found myself laughing out loud at the antics of the hapless hairdresser and his ill-fated clients. Excellent read

2.0 out of 5 stars Appalling editing is too distracting, 13 Feb. 2013
This might have been a mildly entertaining read had it been edited at all. The Kindle version is absolutely littered with typos and grammatical errors, all of which become so annoying that it's hard to focus on the story. Shame.

Cross Dressed to Kill