5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Bliss!
A co-worker of mine had this on down the Stockroom in work last year, meaning I had the chance to listen to it throughout the day. I then bought this not long after and, by all means, this compilation is simply Bliss!

Published on 6 Aug. 2012 by Fox in the Box

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Fred
Good collection besides the latter part of cd two. I would of added a Gregory Isaacs,Sugar Minot,Frankie Paul,Freddie Mcgregor,and Dawn Penn track instead of the last five tracks.
Published 23 months ago by D. Bibb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Bliss!, 6 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Trojan Presents: Classic Reggae - The Soundtrack to Jamaica (Audio CD)

At the time of writing, it is a Public (Bank) Holiday at home here today, so I had the pleasure of chilling at home today, drinking a cold one and listening to this compilation. It really is the business and succeeds greatly in getting you moving and, above all, smiling!!

So far, CD 1 is the best for me. In fact, there wasn't a song that I disliked there. CD 2, however, is slightly questionable, but I really say that gently, as it is still very good.

Bottom line, this album was released in order to provide "the essential introduction to the sound of Jamaica", at least, according to the album's back cover. May I say, it provides such a service really quite nicely, so do add this to your collection. Well worth the purchase!

Hope this review helps. Thanks for reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reggae Light, 28 Aug. 2012
M. Fermor - See all my reviews
This album represents a jolly introduction to mainstream reggae. It is full of classic summertime tunes that are sure to lift the spirits and make you smile.

Disc 1 is certainly more interesting than Disc 2, although both of them together serve to cover a broad sweep of reggae tunes.

If you have not listened to much reggae before then this is a good way in. However, it merely scratches the surface of a genre that can offer incredible potency with its social and political critique. Additionally, there is a bias towards vocal content and there is a distinct lack of some of the instrumental features one would perhaps associate with the genre.

If you want a happy, uplifting compilation then this is definitely for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great driving music, 20 July 2012
This has been my driving music since I got it - it's summery and upbeat enough to cheer up the motorways. It has a great mix of tracks, with loads of old classics and some newer ones too. So far Disc 1 is my favourite, but Disc 2 will get more of a listen later I'm sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 10 July 2012
Many of the good classics. And in cronological order. I would recommend this to all reggae fans. I am bringing this as my soundtrack when we drive around jamaica this summer :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A platter of gems., 16 Dec. 2012
A wide range of wonderful songs from artists best not forgotten. No more to be said; simply an excellent collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, 21 Jun. 2013
Trojan presents one of the best cd's of reggae I've heard in ages value for money and great original reggae tunes

4.0 out of 5 stars Get skankin'..!, 15 Feb. 2014
This has rekindled my love for the reggae beat. Disc 1 is my favourite, particularly the original ska tunes. They have such an infectious happiness, no-one can resist, even had my 86 year old mother tapping along, and believe me, that's a big deal! Disc 2 isn't quite as good, find myself skipping through a few. Overall, a really good musical history lesson of the reggae vibe and totally recommend as an introduction. I actually think a ska revival is well overdue! :-) xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Reggae - Soundtrack to Jamaica, 1 Feb. 2012
What a brilliant CD! I have never been so chilled out driving to work listening to music, however Longshot Kick the Bucket does keep resounding in my head all day long!!

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 29 April 2013
I've played this CD almost every day since I bought it. I'm in agreement with other reviews in regard to the best CD. Number 1 is the better of the two. Fabulous tunes that make me feel so good. It's usually played when I walk my dog and the temptation to have a bopp around the park is almost irresistible. Brilliant stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great feel good music, 17 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my dad as a Christmas gift and kept the download for myself. I love reggae and ska s I knew most of the tracks but some not so known on there too. Great for party music or to get through the chores. Definitely recommend if you're looking for old school reggae. Love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›