on 12 October 2012
I received it three days after ordering it (a day before I expected it - which is always good!). Set it up this morning and although it doesn't come with instructions on how to put it together, you don't really need them, though I must admit that I couldn't fathom it at first, but as soon as I realised my error, I had it up in no time.

The backdrop is pretty good, and it threads straight on to the cross beam. A slight niggle is that it's creased to high heaven, but nothing that an iron won't fix, and it had to be transported somehow anyway, so not really something that could be avoided.

It's my first studio backdrop, as I'm a complete amateur, but at the price it was, it was hard to not go for it, and I'm not disappointed.

You can put it together and take it apart in a matter of minutes (and I mean less than three!), and it all stores nicely in the case.

If you're after a great value for money studio backdrop, then you can't go wrong with this! The heights are very adjustable, going up to a maximum height of a little over two metres.

Chuffed with this, and I can't see how the other fella managed to bend it at all. He was clearly heavy handed with it.

Overall, bloomin' marvellous!
0Comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2013
For the money this is excellent.
It is very easy to set up. The side supports extend like a light/flash stand and the top bar slots together and then with the aid of lug nuts locks onto the side supports. There are no instructions included but it is so simple you really don't need any.

As it has been stated before the white backdrop is made from a plastic coated material. It comes folded so there will be creases. Don't iron it, don't steam it, don't rub the creases with hot water. Just simply roll it up and leave it by or on a radiator for a couple of days. 36 hours later and mine is crease less.

I'm 6 foot and the frame extends well above my height. It is strong enough to deal with heavier fabric backdrops and with care should last years. The frame also fits into a carry case no bigger than a decent tripod so it is no hassle to carry it around.

A great buy and I highly recommend it for the enthusiastic amateur photographer.
on 11 February 2012
Easy to transport and set up. More suitable for entrant level set ups. Adjustable height makes it adaptable to shooting in newer buildings with lower ceilings.
on 6 October 2015
I bought this item from Trading Made Easy via Amazon. The estimated delivery was 6th - 10th October, it arrived on the 5th fantastic service.

I've previously bought a lighting stand via Amazon which cost me £14.99. So 2 of these would have cost me £29.98 and no cross bar or background or bag, its a no brainer. The stands and cross bar are good quality and assemble easily. The bag is Ok but not the best, however, I see this as a freebee.

The background is not an off-cut as others have suggested. It is in fact straight off the roll of material with the selvedge edge left on and not side hemmed, which I suspect some people have expected (my daughter has a BSc Hons in Textiles hence the expertise). Its unfortunate that it has to be folded for despatch, but if it were rolled on a tube it would probably have cost as much in delivery charges as the whole kit. I will try some of the previous suggestions for getting the creases out of the background, but it doesn't really matter that much to me as I prefer a dark blue background which I purchased 100% cotton material for this afternoon.

All in all this is a good product for the serious amateur like myself. I look forward to many hours of use in the future. I would have given it 6* but that not possible.
on 8 November 2013
The stand is very good and easy to put up when you know how, however the backdrop is naff, it has no thread or any way to out it up and it is very short, I wil. Have to buy a bigger and better backdrop
on 31 October 2013
The manufacture and quality is very good, slightly disappointed with the backdrop but on the whole good value for the money and I would recommend it
on 23 February 2014
Having purchased this for £25 I was not expecting this to be of great quality but thought it would do the trick to get me started. It arrived after about a week which was fine but when

I opened the box the entire contents was the black bag in the picture which contained the poles and the white backdrop was placed in the box with no way of fitting it into the carrier bag as I hoped it would. Anyway I decided to set it up, the frame was very flimsy with the top connecting pole not even sitting straight. The white backdrop did not have anyway of connecting to the frame, it literally was a badly cut stand alone piece of material.

I would just like to mention that the size of material is nothing like what you see in the image, it would not even touch the ground if I have it setup correctly. The only way I could get it to sit for me was by turning it portrait hanging half of the small material over the back and using cello tape (not at all professional)

The box that it came in had no instructions, or any branding in terms of who manufactured it, over all it was the worst thing I have ever bought online, extremely awful quality and a laughable statement to try and claim this was professional in anyway!!!
on 20 June 2015
Product arrived 5 days before expected and has a decent quality screen. The stand isn't as sturdy as I was expecting but it's good enough. The only annoying thing is the creases in the screen. I washed them with fabric conditioner and Ironed them out with a towel between the iron and screen which seemed to do the job. Just a shame that it doesn't work straight out the box. Otherwise, superb value.
on 11 April 2016
I received this backdrop in very good time the legs and top frame are by definition lightly made so need some care but if they were built heavier then it would likely be less portable the only reason for taking off a star is nothing to do with quality as this is good quality for its price it's simply that the sheets do have hard to remove creases just by the way it's packed and dispatched because thes are a vinyl material and as such easy to sponge clean.Its simply that vinyl it is very difficult to remove the creases.Steam pressing with a thin damp cloth does go a long way to removing the creases some who have bought this product suggest tightly rolling and keeping in a warm place I think will also help.For its price this is a pretty good item.I guess if the backdrops were delivered rolled and in tubes yep they would be less hassle to prepare for use then I expect that would reflect in the overall cost (higher post and packaging) it is a pain to need to remove the creases but it is a saving compared to similar products.
on 1 August 2014
This is a great product. Decent frame, 9 foot wide and 6+ foot high. The white back drop though will need to be replaced. It is too stiff and too transparent and creases badly. It can be ironed out but the effort it takes to do that is out weighed by the fact that you cant use it as a back drop. Be warned. Good value for money, based solely on the frame.