on 27 October 2009
The Eclipse Lens/Sensor cleaning fluid comes recommended by all professional photography websites, and it's not hard to see why. I had gathered a small collection of lenses and had always postponed cleaning them due to a combination of fear of damage, laziness, and apathy. After a day in the rain, one of my lenses really started to get dirty, and I finally bit the bullet and bought this cleaning fluid as well as a set of 100 pec-pads (also available on Amazon).
I wish I'd done it sooner. This stuff is really easy to use. You simply dab a few drops on to a pec-pad, and wipe in circular motions, starting from the inside of the lens and working your way out. As soon as you wipe, the fluid evaporates, leaving no streaks or smudges at all, and making your lens or filter look good as new.
Definitely buy this stuff now, and never worry about finger prints, dust, mould, or smudges ever again.
on 7 August 2010
Absolutely brilliant!
I had dust spots on the sensor of my Canon EOS 400D.
I had tried blowing them off but had no success.
I used this in conjunction with the Photographic Solutions Sensor Swab number 2 Sensor Swab Type 2 (Box of 12) and it worked first time.
The only thing I had to be careful about was the mirror lockup function on my camera times out after about 30 seconds and releases. This would have trapped the swab, so it was just as well I tried the lockup function first.
I have also cleaned all my lenses and filters cleaner and PEC Pads Pec Pads 10cm x 10cm Pack 100 Wipes For Lens & Filters and not a blemish remains.
I can recommend the Eclipse Lens Cleaner, Sensor swabs and PEC pads 100%
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 February 2015
This is the standard Eclipse fluid cleaner it can be used on lenses and sensors, though I mostly use it just for sensors.
The older E2 type fluid (for tin oxide sensors) used to be available (now there is just one Eclipse solution), this replaces that fluid and is safe to use on all sensors.

Cleaning works well but you should take care to firstly use a blower to remove any debris. Swabs are important too you can buy pre sealed packs and they should not be re-used. Apply a drop to the swab and sweep across the sensor using one side of the swab, sweep across to the other side using the reverse side the sensor should be spotless.

In some cases you can run into a few problems, firstly if you have a lot of gunk/pollen on the sensor then this can lead to a "smudge" or "smear" lines on the sensor (not the fault of the fluid it just happens sometimes), in this case use a fresh swab and repeat the procedure. Also avoid applying too many drops to the swab one usually does it perfectly if you put too many drops on the swab it becomes saturated and this can lead to lines/spots on the sensor as too much cleaner is applied and it takes longer to dry. The fluid dries quickly and does a good job. To finish off you can again give a quick blast (camera facing down) to ensure no small particles are left.

Wet sensor cleaning is quite straight forward you should ensure you have a full battery when locking the mirror up (if you have a mirror) I do not use this to clean SLR mirrors. This is suitable for use on any sensor including ILC models. A good fluid, though there are other makes out there that work just as well.
on 8 May 2011
After using a cheaper product on my EF 70-200mm f/2.8 II IS lens, I was devastated by the results. A sticky film was left on the front element that I was not able to remove using PEC-PAD Photowipes.

When the Eclipse Cleaning System Solution arrived I was more than hoping it would restore the glass back to its ordinal condition. The first thing I noticed while using it was it instantly evaporated leaving a spotless piece of glass. Within minutes my lens was as good as new and my panic was over.

I am amazed with this product and cannot recommend it enough to anyone worried about cleaning their expensive lens.
on 21 August 2010
After watching the instructional video on youtube i bought some of this and the sensor swabs to clear the dust from the image sensor of my Nikon D5000. I had quite a lot of dust on there and after using one swab and 2 drops of the cleaning fluid i had eliminated most of it. I decided to use one more swab to get rid of the remaining bits and that did the trick. The video was really easy to follow and made me feel more comfortable with cleaning the sensor. I'll definitely be using in the future if i need to.

delivery was really quick. i ordered on the 19th and it was here on the 21st. really happy with my purchase.
on 15 October 2010
Searched long and hard for reliable sensor / lens cleaner. This product came highly recommend by other reviewers, so I thought I'd take the plunge and purchased it for myself.

Not disappointed at all with the product. My Canon XTI sensor cleaned up nicely after 4 years of constant air blower treatment....no more ugly black spots in my pictures after x2 repeat cleaning. I still however see spots thru my viewfinder but have read it might possibly be dust on the mirror, so thats a different story all together.

All I need is a couple drops to do the job when cleaning my lenses, anymore than that and I find it will streak a bit and will have to be reworked.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this product it delivers if you follow the recommended steps, but still cry figuratively that I can't pack this with me on flights:(
on 16 May 2010
Great seller. fast delivery. This is a very popular lens and sensor cleaning liquid but can be very expensive - is however substancially cheaper from this seller.

I recommend this seller and the product.
on 10 October 2010
Have been using these for couple of years and have never had a reason to try anything else
on 23 May 2013
I have used this product on several occassions now in conjuction with pec pads and all it has done is leave my lens very smeary. I've had to resort to other means to remove the smears and will not be using this product again. Cleaning with this solution left my lens in a worse state than when I started.
on 3 January 2012
Was a bit confused when this came as everyone says you need to use the e2 solution.

However, they stopped e2 some years ago, and this is the right stuff for modern sensors.

Cleaned my d700 with the type 3 swabs no probs.