4.0 out of 5 stars Docking station for a Lenovo 220

Published on 14 Jan 2012 by Maleficium

4.0 out of 5 stars Docking station for a Lenovo 220, 2 Oct 2012
J. MCINALLY (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad UltraBase Series 3 (Personal Computers)
This docking station is great it does exactly what I need it to, easy to use, laptop docks and releases without any problem. I think it is a bit pricey especially as it doesn't come with a power cable which defeats the object of having the docking station to be able to release and go mobile leaving the setup in place? You need another power supply to go with you and not have to keep dismantling the desk? I had to get another power supply to make it work as desired. That said I am pleased with the docking station and would recommend it. Price wise it would be an acceptable price if the power cable was supplied!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin, but way overpriced, 14 Jan 2012
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad UltraBase Series 3 (Personal Computers)
Just received the ThinkPad UltraBase Series 3 for my X220T. Fit's like a glove. It's light and setting it up took 30 seconds. No complaints there. However, this is a seriously overpriced bit of kit. I needed a docking station for my X220T, the only other option was constant wear and tear on the ports as I have to connect and disconnect every time I go mobile. This UltraBase appears to be the only one out there that fits the X220T so the choice is have one, or not. For your money you get a quick dock / un-dock, one extra USB port and an empty expansion slot for a drive / cd. You don't even get an extra power lead which is generally included in every other docking station I've brought.

I knew what I was doing when I brought it, so none of the above is a surprise but the price of circa 200 and the lack of supplied power gets it 3 stars, If it had been a hundred quid with the power lead it would have had. 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Docking station, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad UltraBase Series 3 (Personal Computers)
Have been using Thinkpads for years; great build quality, usually easy to upgrade and very reliable. On the very few occasions I've needed it, have had great support from IBM/Lenovo.
Have also had docking stations for a few of those Thinkpads and have found them very useful. This one is no different; takes a second hard drive caddy or DVD drive, and adds a few ports to your X230/230T.
Price was excellent, but have only given 4 stars because I was charged 5.61 delivery even though the vendor's (techtoys) entry on the Amazon website indicated free next day delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 July 2014