Size: 2 Pack|Change
Price:£2.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 27 December 2012
I have used Duracell batteries for 3 decades because they never leaked and were guaranteed not to do so. However in the last 18 Months I have had Duracell batteries leak in a clock, a toy train and most recently a Wii controller. The Wii batteries where marked as good until 2018 and had only been in the controller for 6 months.

After researching this I have found many people have had Duracell batteries leak. After contacting Duracell I have also learned that they no longer guarantee their batteries against leaking.

Very disappointing given that Duracell have managed to consistently make batteries that don't leak for all these years.
66 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2013
My old radio powered by these D batteries, had them in the radio since last December.
The radio on nearly every day, I think I 've have had my monies worth.
on 28 May 2013
I am just ordering this Duracell battery for a clock which I received as a wedding present. I hadn't realised the clock even had batteries, as I was married nearly 30 YEARS ago and the clock's only just begun to lose time... Needless to say, this battery lasted longer than the marriage did!!

Having discovered the clock actually DID have batteries, my Dad looked serious and said "Oh, I see your problem..." The battery in my wedding clock has a 'Best before 2003' date in it!

These batteries are EXCELLENT! My next battery has a lot to live up to...
on 24 August 2012
SO far I have had them leak in 2 - 6D maglites ruining them. Batteries stuck and never come out. Also ruined a AAA and an AA maglite. Love Maglite torches but don't use Duracell they leak - check the web common fault.
66 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2014
I was dissapionted with the batteries at least two were leaking when they arrived and I would think twice before ordering any more
on 3 October 2015
The only guarantee you get with Duracell batteries, is that they WILL leak and destroy your equipment.
Duracell batteries are complete rubbish and not a shadow of what they used to be. If you want quality batteries and not have to replace your equipment, buy Panasonic batteries and give Duracells a very wide berth!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 22 November 2014
Quality batteries as you would expect from Duracell - good output and long lasting. Very pleased with these - if in doubt buy a good brand
on 19 October 2015
Classic good batteries, with children it seems you have to become a battery snob and these haven't failed to impress as usual. I was torn betweek disposable and rechargeable but stuck with disposable for the bigger batteries this time as they give better power and these are rocking the babies mobile after their predecessors lasted 2 years. Hopefully these can last as long on the 2nd child
on 11 January 2014
I brought it for my baby's rocking chair and the first one lasted for more than a month even sometimes we forgot the chair on during the night, and lots of times daytime, too when she wasn't in the chair. I don't know, f the chair uses just so little energy, or the battery is so good, but i wouldn't expect anything less from Duracell. Well done Duracell, ones again.
on 8 May 2013
After having read other reviews, I was worried about these leaking. However, after having had these batteries in my maglite for over 4 months, they are still working fine and with no leaking. So, I would certainly recommend these - especially as they're selling for such a decent price.