Size: Large|Change

on 28 July 2011
Initially I bought a Small version of this harness for our Swedish Vallhund puppy aged 12 weeks. The Small size turned out to be too big at the moment, so I bought an Extra Small too.

Both harnesses are very well made and appear to be well thought out. I have not had the chance to try the harness out in the car but have tried it on our puppy to get the adjustment right.

With the Extra Small size it is immediately obvious that the part going round the dog's neck is very small and it will only be a matter of a week or two before the puppy's head will be too big to go through although the chest part will be generous for some months. There is no adjustment to the harness where it goes round the neck.

A Swedish Vallhund in size is similar to a large Corgi but on longer legs but the head is fairly narrow, so it is a surprise and disappointment that the harness is not adjustable around the neck.

We will however carry on with these harnesses and see how things work out.

My purchases were made through Mr Pets who have been very quick indeed in sending out the items and I would certainly not hesitate to buy from them again.

Added 15 August 2011: Our puppy is now 15 weeks old. The Extra Small harness is now too small in collar size and is very difficult to remove although the chest size has quite a bit of adjustment left to go. The Small size harness is still far too large to use. We are now left unable to use a safety harness in the car. This of course applies to our dog only and your experience may be different.

Added 16 September 2011: Our puppy is now nearly fully grown and the two Clix harnesses have been discarded. We bought an Ancol harness which is in constant use as it is far better designed and far more adaptable. Trial and error can be rather expensive!
We would recommend that others should take a serious look at the Ancol harness before making a decision.
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2011
I recommend this product because it fits directly into the car seat belt connection allowing some room for the dog to sit or lie down but does not allow the dog to slowly move forward bit by bit as other dog harnesses do when they are attached to the strap of the seat belt. The benefit of this, is during an accident the dog will not be thrown as far as with harnesses which clip onto the seat belt strap and of course if they slowly keep moving forward allowing the seat belt to move forward then there is not much point in the dog wearing the harnesss as it will not protect. Only by a harness which clicks directly into the seat belt connection.
Also, this prodect has a thick and wide strap at the front so does not dig into the dog during an accident, and the material is of the same quality as a seat belt strap for you and I, so will not snap.
Also, you can click the lead directly onto the harness when you want to let the dog out for a pee or a quick walk, so you don't have to take the dog in and out of the harness.
Keep your dog safe.
0Comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2010
Good product, fits easily on the dog and clicks into the car seat belt holder to keep your dog safe and secure on the seat and it can be used as a walking harness.
Note the sizes in my opinion are large, I have a Spaniel cross dog (larger than a westie) and the small harness is a little to big even with it adjusted to it's smallest size.
on 16 July 2010
Fantastic Product a joy to walk the dog and simple to attach to car seat belt holder worth every penny.
on 31 July 2012
Please, please please buy one of these. I don't normally write reviews for products that I buy but I am certain this car harness saved my dog's life today. We were involved in a nasty car accident today and thanks to this seat belt harness our dog remained unharmed in the back seat. The police woman agreed that our lovely dog would have definitely died without it and he probably would have killed one or both of us from the crushing effect on the back of our seat(s). For less than £20 it is the best money that I've ever spent.
on 19 June 2015
Really happy with this product. Great sizing, medium for our 10kg Cavapoo fitted really well. Enough room to allow comfortable positioning sat or lay down, with the confidence should anything occur it would hold very securely.
review image review image
on 23 April 2011
I bought this after my English Pointer worked out how to escape from his previous harness. This harness is easy to fit to both the dog and the car. My dog seems to like wearing it and must feel secure as he frequently lies down and sleeps rather than fidget about as he used to,and still it allows him to turn around to get comfortable. The harness has good wide straps, adjusts to fit and clicks into the seat belt attachment. It seems to be robust and well designed. I like the simplicity of design, and so far (fingers crossed) my Pointer has yet to work out how to undo it! I think it is money well spent as my dog is secure and happy in the car. What more can one ask?
on 7 June 2011
I had one of these before and it worked very well (5 star). This one however tends to work itself loose during long walks. Although now that the 'shinyness' is disappearing after several dips in the sea it seems to work better
on 7 October 2014
I bought the large size Clix harness for my adult male German Shepherd. I really love the design of this harness, it seems really sturdy, it's very straight forward to use, and the design is just exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately this harness was just too small by several inches. I adjusted the straps to full stretch and only just about managed to click it together around my Shepherd. It was extremely tight, to the point that he couldn't actually manoeuvre his front legs to get up steps or stairs, and it was almost cutting into his flesh just underneath his front legs. I just needed a few extra inches of strap and it would have been a perfect fit! My German Shepherd is a little larger than average at 48kg - he is a very fit and healthy dog, not overweight, but rather tall! The design of this harness is so great, that I truly WISH the manufacturers would consider an XL size for those of us with larger dogs. This would also be of great benefit to owners of giant breeds such as St Bernards, Great Danes etc... as this harness is after all marketed as both a car harness and a walking harness. If this review makes it to the eyes of anyone at Clix, PLEASE introduce an XL harness. I'll be first in the queue to buy one!
on 29 March 2011
This harness is great - we have already used them previously, but as our puppy has grown we needed the next size up. We have a spoodle (cockerpoodle)who is 7 months old, she is a small dog but not miniature, so we opted for size small (we had exra small from 3 months). Very good, safe product. Can attach a lead to the seat belt clip making shorter trips that bit easier.