Platform: PC|Change

on 6 August 2011
Ive played all SBK games and all main bike games over the years. This is the best one yet.

Changes

-You now have marshalls waving flags
-Thankfully this year you have the legends included. Sure theres no Haga R7, Corser RSV, Toseland CBR; theyve taken the shortcut option with lots of 996s', but at least theyre there and the bikes are very enjoyable to ride and have their own characteristics. (Note-Slight is a Kiwi not Australian)
-Your nickname is now on the base of the leathers so you get the sponsers logo on your back which is smart

Positives

-Challenges mode is very good. You have some more tedious ones, but the head to head races are great.
-Graphics are excellent. With all enhancements/effects on this is a great looking game.
-As per SBKX the main bikes are actually all quite evenly balanced so you can choose the Kawasaki or the BMW and run with the Yamaha and Aprilia. Makes for varied online matches rather than a grid of all the same bike as per in the 09 version when everyone chose Kiyonari!
-Good, varied soundtrack
-No more arcade mode to have to play through to unlock items
-Better, simpler menu system minus needless cartoony fan area
You can do a quick restart in time trial mode. No needing to go back to pits then back out on track.
-Although not in the calender this year theres Qatar and Vallelunga to play on.

Negatives

-Handling; whether realisitc or not there was a massive change in the last 2 games as to how to ride, be it braking in corners or not. Unfortunately this one has some changes again, meaning corners have to be taken a lot slower
-Simulation options. No tuning of auto brake, traction control as per 09 version. Just low, medium and high. The low actually brakes for you(!) and high has you crashing in an instant so youre stuck with medium.
-You still have to use number 78 for your own rider; I dont see why you couldnt pick your own number
-Running last years Supersport chamipionship is a shame as theres no R6s to play with

All in all an enjoyable title and worth the price you pay on Amazon
VINE VOICEon 22 July 2011
SBK 2011 shows Codemasters the way to produce an excellent racing game. OK, the presentation is rubbish and the graphics are a bit 2009, but who cares? When a game`s this much fun to play all that surface stuff becomes irrelevant. As a bike rider of over 30 years, who`s done many a track day, I can confirm that this is the nearest a game has yet come to replicating the experience. The previous contender was GP 500 and that was years ago. As usual, the best view is slightly behind the rider, and also as usual the 1st person/on-bike view is unplayable. Once you get used to the feel of the bikes it really is a great game, although I haven`t tried racing the ai yet; I don`t normally bother with races, preferring to "race" in time-attack mode, but if you want to race, there`s a full career mode, plus the usual quick race. Theoretically it`s possible to play online, but I haven`t tried it. At under £[] this game is a real bargain. Codies, look and learn...
on 3 December 2011
Black Bean's SBK series has finally come of age as far as I'm concerned. It has an excellent range of gameplay types and difficulty settings plus a big roster of riders and bikes, making it top of the pile for current motorcycle sims.

Whether you get this depends on whether you're a Superbike or MotoGP fan I guess, but if you're a fan of bikes, then it's a no-brainer either way!
on 15 March 2012
This is a good game but takes a bit of time to master.(I haven't yet).Graphics are decent enough but not much different to SBK 08.I have an xbox wireless controller and it works great with the game.
The down side for me is that It,s not working great on win7.I have win7 home premium --CPU is a q9550 --4gb ram and an Asus(Nvidia)Gt550 Ti.
Something has compatibility issues with the game.
That said my PC is a dual boot win7 and xp (sp3).
The game runs perfect on the xp when I installed it.
I have re installed with win7 but still issues--no sound from the bike and general poor audio.when I try and change graphics settings on win7 the game crashes.
I am using an 19" acer wide screen monitor -My main monitor is usually a LG 32" but its on repair.It states on game that a 19" is min' for the game so that may have something to do with it.
I detailed this review a bit in case someone has same system and may think that they have a fault.
I hope this helps someone.
Would I buy the game if I had the choice again---Yes, its good Sim fun and the hours dissolve away when your playing.
on 11 December 2015
right so this game works good on windows 10 . the game its self is Quite hard . i do love my bike games and this one is at the top of my play list

i find SBK 2011 for me better than moto gp15 and Ride . the game play is a loot more realistic as from someone Who rides motorcycles (GSXR 100CC) and can know what it Feels like opening the throttle to much coming out of a conner YES the ass end will slide out and highside you of the bike so in the game you will not be able to just gun it every where you will need to pick the cornering juts right going in and coming out .

The The graphics of the game are not to bad for a 2011 game so if you wand a good bike game to play and have a Challenge this game is for you!!
on 23 May 2012
i used to play racing games lots both car and bike, so wanted a bike game to get my hand back in. graphics good but hated the fact that i kept crashing or at the least riding on the grass. game far far too hard for anyone who isnt hardcore bike gamer.
on 23 September 2013
Everything was as described in the ad.
The item arrived promptly, well within the given time frame, and the item has proved to be as good as the description.
on 17 December 2014
hard to play on pc
on 12 January 2015
my fave motorbike game =)