on 13 December 2014
Wow i bought these in 2012.
2 years of abuse later they finally fail and fall silent.
Failure was due to cable damage from repeated tugs/strains/getting caught in doors and on door handles.

Using an Android phone with custom EQ along with.
Voodoo sound app:
+12db Bass boost
+5db Headphone amp
+5 Volume limit

>Great bass.
>Excellent build quality.
>Comfortable to wear.
>Hard to break from drops.
>Keep your ears warm in winter
>Blocks out a majority of back ground noise

After bought these I tried Beats by Dre and they were just "louder" lacking in the Bass the JVC Xtreme 50mm has (same EQ/Voodoo settings) these headphones truly are the best for DnB and Dubstep absolutely beastly with your own custom setting on the EQ for face shaking Bass.

If you buy these and don't customize the Equalizer settings on your phone/mp3 player or use an amp or amp software you are missing out.
on 5 March 2012
I bought these a month ago. These are the best headphones for the price. the amount of bass they produce is awesome for its range. I read a review a guy calling people deaf who are giving it 5 stars. Then just to let you know that there is an option called equalizer. if you have ever heard of it. Anyways we are not deaf and companies dont give things for free so as you said keep your money safe and lets no misguide people.
The only thing I noticed about these headphones is that they take approx 80-90 hours of music to burn in. Burn in means the music quality of these headphones would get better with time and music played. I would definitely recommend these to anyone how is looking for good bass and solid built. Bass is really good but as I said wait for sometime and let them burn in and fiddle with your equalizer..
The only problem is that mid and high range frequencies are average and these are little big in size as compared to other headphones in this range.
on 14 January 2016
Wow i bought these in 2012.
2 years of abuse later they finally fail and fall silent.

Using an Android phone with custom EQ along with.
Voodoo sound app:
+12db Bass boost
+5db Headphone amp
+5 Volume limit

>Great bass.
>Excellent build quality.
>Comfortable to wear.
>Hard to break from drops.
>Keep your ears warm in winter
>Blocks out a majority of back ground noise

on 26 January 2012
the jvc name to me has been looked over by so many people now and because of that i can finally see what i was missing. these headphones are so good that even in a higher power socket these cans can still kick bass and highs so loud it hurts your ears if you are not used to that volume, without distorting. that means that whatever speakers are in here are very high quality and if you think that they wont be as good as headphones at a higher price, you would actually have to spend at least £70+ for a pair of headphones that could match these. The build quality is stronger than i expected and they look sleek and modern. the packaging makes sure that you know all about the product before you even open it, so if you have any technical questions they will be answered there. these headphones are nice and comfortable to wear as they have a lot of padding on the ears and the headband. one other advantage is that these headphones are noise cancelling when a song is playing, and that is great if you are in a noisy environment. i wondered how much bass these have if they have the name "xtreme xplosives" to live up to, and yes, they are extremely explosive, so much so that i can hear bass in songs that i wouldn't usually hear in speakers, and that bass is rumbling and deep, just the way it should be. i like to listen to music like drum & bass and dubstep so these headphones more than suit my needs.
on 5 December 2011
I received these Headphones for a few days and so far everything is really good. The bass sounds are very low and punchy and gives your music a new lease of life (although I'm no audiophile!). The build quality is fantastic, it is strong and sturdy. The leather pads are extremely comfortable and you can listen with them for long periods of time. All in all I really highly rate this product, especially at this price it really is a bargain.
on 16 May 2012
i have had the JVC HA-M4X and they were a great pair of headphones sound quality can be compared to the Dre Bets but unlike the Dre Beats the JVC XX range do not break easily and these headphone are less flashy than Dre Beats.
over all a great pair of headphones only down side you dont get a hard case for them.
on 29 January 2012
these are the best headphones i have ever used i own the XX earphones too and bought these thinking they will be also good but good is a understatement they are so much better than good they are amazing you can feel air comming from them when a song is on loud the bass is immense better than beats.
on 29 December 2011
Hi everyone,

I have just received my pair and I must say I am more than impressed.
I compared them to my friend's Sennheiser and I consider they have at least the same quality, but with improved bass, at a lower price.

For the moment I can't report any Cons.

Also, exceptional service from Amazon. Arrived in 4 working days in Romania :)

Cheers.
on 2 August 2013
To start I am exceptionally critical on anything I buy, I do incredible surveys just to make sure the item is exactly what I require. These headphones were bought off the back of the JVC HA-FX1X in ear phone buds, which in my opinion are hard to beat for virtually any money. I have used Bose, Monster, Sony, and a whole heap of other makes. Of all of them I stuck with the JVC's and packed the other ones on their way. Heres the funny thing is that the JVC's are incredibly good value for money. OK they do not have the "Street Cred Name" nor do they look as though you just won the lottery and wanted to impress people who are not bothered what you stick in/on your ears anyway. The actual fact is how they perform audibly never mind what they look like. Here's my opinion on the JVC M5X-E XX Xtreme Xplosives. They have a giant 50 mm pair of drivers, no sound isolation electronics, no leather ear pads, no foldable joints, no fancy embellishment. In fact they are basic black with red leads. They are quite large so rarely for home use. How ever their sound and performance is superb. The 50mm drivers with open back give very deep bass, mid and treble is well balanced with the bass. Nothing jumps out and says there is something missing in the tonal range. As there is no intervening noise cancelling electronics there is no battery to charge, no hiss, no alterations to the the frequency delivered from the source. Mechanically they could not be better as there are no head band hinges to wear or break. The cup to headband fixing is very strong with very little to go wrong. In fact "built like a battle ship" comes to mind.
Conclusion : Very very difficult if not impossible to beat under any price range. At one tenth of the price of iBeats these for me are a winner with five stars all the way They have now replaced my iBeats Studio Phones for home use as did the JVC HA-FX1X for out side use.
So for the un-hyped price you can not really go wrong.
on 31 May 2013
Bought thes about 6 weeks ago as I needed a new pair of cans. So,I read the reviews and decided to buy a pair. I'm into both rock,and electronic music. Straight out of the box,and into "Angel" by Massive Attack, and the bass hits like a train. I agree that they are tight to the head,but over a few weeks, it relaxes. Listening right now to "E Musik" by Neu!(German 70's 'prog -- check it out - bangin' percussion and processed guitar). These can go as loud as you can take it,with no distortion or loss of clarity. They can blow your ears off!! Your ears will give up before these will!The stereo seperation and placing of instruments in your head is excellent. I can make a comparison here with Cerwin Vega speakers. LOUD,unsubltle,in your face MONSTERS. I've DJ'd in rock clubs for many years,and I wish these had been available a long time ago, For about £24 from Amazon, these really are the dogs doo daahs! Happy brain damage. Later review. It's now mid June,and I use these every day -with my mp3 player -even if they are a bit large for this. I wouldn't be without them now. The headband has now eased off,and is much more comfortable to wear over longer periods. Now that they're properly"run in",the sound has mellowed,and isn't quite as in your face. The seperation and spacing of sounds has got more interesting,I'm now hearing things within my head that I didn't even notice (certainly with other headphones)previously. The bass still has an enormous thud to it,but it has also mellowed to great effect. As with most headphones (and my large dog,with whom I go out every evening,with these on - and he's wrenched my 'phones out of the player many times - not these yet!)the jack plug is probably the weakest link - so I've just had delivery of another pair! That's how much I like them. As Tony The Tiger (remember him?) said "they're grrrreat".
Terry(aka DJ Sonic Attack).

See one answered question