5.0 out of 5 stars A comfortable office chair
Published on 27 July 2011 by Jonny515

3.0 out of 5 stars Am I one of the lucky ones?
Published on 11 May 2012 by Booriv

3.0 out of 5 stars Am I one of the lucky ones?, 11 May 2012
This review is from: Eliza Tinsley 2014MB/LBK Medium Back Leather Faced Armchair - Black (Office Product)
It seems from reading the reviews on this product you are either going to get a chair that works as a chair should, or one that is so utterly useless that its only use might be as bonfire fuel or for clubbing invasive rodents; there does not seem to be any middle ground between these to antithetical extremes, somewhat like American politics. As it happens, mine fell into the first camp, i.e. it works, which might be because I put it together properly, or I was just lucky. Either way, I've been sitting on it for several weeks now, and it hasn't collapsed (188 cms tall, 90 kgs weight), it still goes up and down, and my only gripe (unfairly as I should have read the product details a little more closely) is that you can't pivot the back. The quality is pretty much what one might expect for the price, and it does everything a chair should. I think that, if like me, you are scouring these reviews, becoming increasingly frustrated at the divergent opinions, and umming and erring as to whether or not it is worth making the purchase, then you should do as I did: 1) Can I afford to get another chair if this one ends up in the rodent clubbing bracket and I have to return it?; and 2) Can I trust that people are much more likely to post negative reviews than positive reviews, so the product is probably much more likely to work than not? If you answer Yes to both those questions, then you should probably go ahead and buy the chair.

UPDATE: 2 years and 3 months after purchase this chair now resides in my bin. After a year, one of the sockets in which the wheels are locked broke, probably because they are made of plastic and the wheel spindle is metal. Another shortly followed and then another, but I was able to repair all of them and they continued to function to a reasonable if somewhat limited level, i.e, the wheels didn't move or spin very freely. These problems I could cope with, but then the base plate (the metal plate that binds the base to the chair seat) broke. This happened shortly after I had purchased a new desk and had to raise the seat to its highest setting. At first it was fine, it held stable and no sinking occurred, but after a month I noticed it had developed a slight left-right wobble, and over time, this got worse, and eventually the stresses were too much and the base plate broke. Of interest to some, on attempting to find a replacement for the base plate so that I didn't have to go and buy a whole new chair, I found the standard size (space between the holes) is 150 mm x 255 mm. The base plate on this chair is 150 mm x 180 mm (give or take a few mm) which might explain why it broke, though I'll leave that to a physicist to explain. Anyway, the point is, I couldn't replace the base plate, so had to buy a new chair. (I should point out you can drill new holes and affix the bigger base plate if so inclined.) Other issues concern the screws that hold the base plate on loosening over time, but this is understandable really and required very little time and effort to remedy. So, all in all, a good price for a chair, but has issues and should have lasted me more than 27 months. Make of it what you will, I am a bigger than average human being so perhaps for more normally-sized folk these issues will not occur, or perhaps I am just a very vigorous sitter.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING DON'T EVEN GO THERE, 7 Jun 2013
This chair is in my view dangerous. The castors broke of after just three weeks of light office use. The base is constructed of cheap thin plastic, insufficient strength to hold the castors. I am doubtful that the seat is leather?
PLEASE DO YOURSELF A MASSIVE FAVOUR AND MOVE ON.

5.0 out of 5 stars A comfortable office chair, 27 July 2011
I bought this even though there had been some bad reviews and was pleased that the chair turned up quickly, I was able to put it together in under 10 minutes, with no problems and that this is one of the most comfortable office chairs I've ever owned. I have back problems and this chair supports me perfectly. The quality and finish of the item are extremely good. I would definitely recomend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent chair, 17 Aug 2011
An excellent purchase
I am glad to say that the chair arrived the day after I ordered it, and that whilst my wife was at work I was able to assemble it and replace the other swivel chair that she had. When she came home from work she was delighted to see the new chair and has remarked on several occasions how her back has stopped hurting because of the support in the back of the chair.
I would recommend this chair to anyone who suffers with back pain.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within 2 months, 6 Nov 2013
The product itself is pretty basic, but not even worth the lower end price tag in my opinion. When it arrived the padding was terrible and had to be supplemented with a seat cushion. Ended up breaking after two months of (albeit rather intensive) use on a day to day basis, with the arms snapping, however that was my fault for trying to recline in a non-reclinable chair fairly consistently.

To give it a fair evaluation:
+ It's on the cheaper end of the market
+ It serves as a chair
- Poorly padded
- Isn't at all durable
- Isn't particularly comfortable or accommodating
- Wish i'd spent a bit more as this chair isn't even close to earning the price tag

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly bad, 24 July 2013
I cannot understand why Amazon continue to sell this. Its is totally unfit for purpose and borderline dangerous. One of the castors broke away after only a few days of use. The plastic material used for the base is totally inadequate for the use.

5.0 out of 5 stars PC,Office, swivel chair., 24 July 2011
This product represents excellent value for money. It was easy to assemble and looks just as good as a more expensive chair. It's very comfortable,feels solid, the height can be altered and there is a lumber support to ensure good posture. Arm rests and leather faced, it is highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, luxurious chair, 23 Aug 2011
Very comfy, sturdy and luxurious. Love it, very cheap too. Fully reccomend this chair to anyone on a budget. Easy to set up and brilliant gas operated height changer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Office Chair, 14 July 2011
Enda Farrell "Endada" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This chair was easy to assemble and it looks great and feels sturdy.
Let's see how long it will last.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit!, 12 Aug 2011
I had been searching for a new office chair for weeks and have tried out loads, including friends' chairs! Because I am quite petite, they all were far to huge and bulky for me. This chair however is perfect, the seat isn't as wide as other chairs I have tried, which makes the arms in a perfect position for me to rest my elbows on the arm rests while typing (this is simply impossible in the larger director style chairs).

It was amazing value for money and most importantly, was shipped to Spain where I live for free!

The chair is very comfortable and looks stylish. I am very pleased with it!