Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 2 June 2012
I read the King's Concubine which I thought was excellent. Then I got hold of this. It was very disappointing. Nothing more than an empty headed bodice ripper. No substance. Only 90 pages. Don't waste your money.
on 9 May 2013
so disappointing, I usually like historical novels but this one was so boring I had to abandon it after a short way through it never went anywhere
on 24 August 2014
I read Anne O`Brien`s book - the virgin widow, and it was much better than this, it is quite short and not very deep or contrived - a cosy book at bedtime.
on 11 October 2015
I was not impressed with this book. It was too short. The usual story of girl forced to marry a man years older than her and believing that the man she really loved didn't really love her. War again. Girl meets old boyfriend. Husband gets killed. All ends well. There is a bit more to it than that, but that is the gist of the book. It is well written as all of Anne O'Briens books are, but far too short.
on 14 November 2014
Well written story but 'sooo short'..... couldn't believe it was over so quickly. Not good value!!!
on 13 May 2015
Disappointing not a patch on The Kings Concubine which was so good and made me want to read more of this author ,but will try another of her books to see if it's better than this one
on 25 March 2015
Like Anne Obrien she is a wonderful author. Not so good this time
on 2 July 2014
Was ok story but I prefer more historical reference.
on 12 September 2014