VINE VOICEon 15 August 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Lets be honest- this game is not simple. If making app's were straight forward, then we would all be doing it, right?

Well, nearly. This books helps get you most of the way, but I did find it a bit bewildering at paces. So much so, that I never actually got to the end goal of a completed app. I do think this may be my fault, and not the books, but lets be honest, that's why I got the book, and it failed in its job.

In fairness, it was clear and precise in the steps required, but it just assumes a level of knowledge which I failed to meet.
on 10 June 2016
sadly one of my pupils failed to return, otherwise very useful
on 29 July 2015
Good, but considerably out of date now.
VINE VOICEon 15 November 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I found this book was useful in attempting to write my own apps. It does require that the treaty have some familiarity with programming. Also it's going to take lot off programming to get some ideas of the ground. Books like this take poor all the hard work of research and let the ready feel the author has walked the difficult path of trial and error for you.
on 13 August 2015
Very good
VINE VOICEon 19 July 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Although app inventor itself deserves much of the praise, this book makes it easy for anyone without a programming background to make their own Android App.

If you are the type that learn by doing, then this is the book for you. It teaches you by taking you through the build of individual apps designed to hone in a particular concept.

I would have given it 5 stars because it does exactly what is says on the cover, "build your apps - no experience needed" that is not hyperbole you really can build apps with absolutely no experience and not just a basic "push to play sound" app either.

Why not 5 stars?
I use linux, and as with most publications it's completely ignored. Setting your computer to use app inventor is not a simple task with linux, and with the exception of mentioning where to download and a warning about openJDK the book offers little help in this regard.
Apart from that gripe there nothing but love for this book.