5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, well designed storage case
Published on 10 May 2012 by Photographer Phil

2.0 out of 5 stars Can break an SD card.
The case is nicely made, and after reading some reviews I knew to take a little precaution with taking out the SD card.
*IT DID BREAK MY SD CARD*
I think I shall be sending it back for a refund because I cannot risk breaking any SD cards. I do not wish to be negative, but I cannot be breaking any more.

The plastic used to hold the SD cards are far too...
Published on 21 Feb. 2012 by George

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, well designed storage case, 10 May 2012
This review is from: 7dayshop Brushed Aluminium Memory Card Case for 8x SD / SDHC / SDXC Cards - AL1-SD (Electronics)
Have had this case for about three years. Have taken it around the world in my camera bag and it has never popped open accidently. It is the perfect storage and carry case for SD cards. The only comment I have is that if you insert your SD cards the opposite way to the illustration, ie with the contacts face down and away from the semi-circular indentation, you can extract the cards without damaging the contacts or breaking the cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple of tips., 26 April 2012
When the memory card case arrived I had already read the the revues and advice from current owners but I still struggled initially to open the case before realising that pressing the catch with your thumb was not enough to release it, you need to press it with your thumbnail, it then becomes a one hand operation, alternatively you can press the catch with a small coin to release it.
Always make sure that memory cards are inserted as shown in the illustrations with the top at the semi circle cut-out, this way the retaining pips align well away from the memory card locking slider, if you mount them upside down the card locking slider will be fouled by a retaining pip and could result in damage to the card as it is extracted. No doubt the mk2 versions will move the offending retaining pip so that no fouling will occur no matter which way up you place the card into the holder. With caveat's observed this makes an excellent safe storage case for your memory cards.

2.0 out of 5 stars Can break an SD card., 21 Feb. 2012
*IT DID BREAK MY SD CARD*

The plastic used to hold the SD cards are far too firm which made my card break when taking it out.
I am a bit annoyed because I now have to spend a little more money buying a new SD card.

And yes, I did read the reviews properly before buying and I'm not saying the case itself is bad, but what's the point in it if it just damages your SD cards?

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for now, 1 Aug. 2014
I bought one of these as I was keeping all my card in their small plastic cases, in a small tupperware container. That method worked but was a little unorganized and needed something a little smaller for upcoming trips. This seemed to be the best option that wasn't too expensive, even though there were some reviews saying it broke cards and was hard to open.

I haven't had any problems with it so far - it was easy and simple to open, so don't really understand why some people have had trouble with it. And I put one SD card in to test it in case it did break any cards, though that seemed fine too. I guess as long as you're careful with them and don't force them it works fine, though sometimes have to take care as I could see the cards going everywhere if they aren't in properly.

Overall it does the job well. It's pretty slim so won't take up too much space, and not too heavy. I was actually going to buy a second one but they were sold out, so went for the Kaavie one which is maybe slightly better. My main concern with this one is I can see the plastic hinge breaking fairly easily (the plastic is already going white) so not sure how long it will actually last. I would recommend it though, but if you're after a slightly more durable one I'd go for the one by Kaavie.

2.0 out of 5 stars Compact SD aluminium safe case, 12 July 2011
Silver Sage (Wiltshire England) - See all my reviews
The 7DAYSHOP.COM compact storage case holds up to eight SD cards which is a useful size for modest travel tours. It does what it claims but I have two criticisms. First, it is not the easiest case to open, which can be frustrating when on location. Second, one of the imperceptible positioning tabs ruined one of my memory cards by breaking off the card locking tab when inserting the card for storage. Consequently the card could no longer be used for recording and was effectively destroyed. I have to ensure that cards are placed inside the case with extreme care, unlike older smaller cases I own which are less demanding.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough for Limited Use, 18 Jun. 2012
Neat and solid case that holds 8 SD cards securely. Unfortunately, it's let down somewhat by a rather flimsy plastic hinge and catch - I can see them breaking if the case is opened and closed too often. Should be fine if you just want long-term storage for back-ups or archive material, but I wouldn't recommend it for storing cards that you want to use on a day to day basis.

Decent value when it was priced at around a fiver, but seems a bit pricy now it's increased to over £7.

3.0 out of 5 stars 7DayShop SD Case, 27 Aug. 2012
I purchased this case some time ago, and I have destroyed an SD card whilst removing it from the case - the write protect tab was damaged by a retaining rubber tab.

The pictures displayed in the advertisement are the correct way to store the SD cards without damaging them - however, the case itself would be upside down (opened from left and not the right).

However, this can be rectified as the rubber inserts can easily be pulled out and re-fitted the correct way around.

Used this was, but still with care, I haven't damaged an SD card since.

For the price, this storage case provides very good protection for your cards.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another 'not quite' effort., 16 April 2014
Flaco "flacolito" (Maidstone, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I don't know why card holders have to be so difficult to get spot on, and this one is another example. My pros and cons below echo what other 3 star reviewers have found. An additional point is that in the picture, they show you the way to store the cards in this particular holder, but there is another niggly problem as a result: when you lift the card out it will promote getting your finger on the cards contact points, which is far from ideal. I also found that the cards are not that firmly held in place if stored 'their' way; time will tell if they drop out of the housings with knocks and bumps. Both of the above problems are avoided if you place the cards upside down instead, but as one reviewer found out to his cost, you might end up damaging the write-protect switch.

Pros: -
Fairly shock proof
Looks smart
Versatile card storage format
Low price

Cons: -
See above
Too heavy for what it is and a bit on the bulky side
Annoying ergonomics (slightly fiddly latch)
Question mark over long term strength of hinge and latch
Smart looks spoilt by suppliers name splashed over one side

Because of cost, I found it an acceptable compromise versus the rest of the offerings.

3.0 out of 5 stars You need to pay me if you want me to advertise your website!, 29 Jan. 2013
shaun@favell.co.uk (Retford, Notts. UK) - See all my reviews
As an SD card holder this item works well, and has a nice solid feel. The SD cards fit snugly into place. The case is sometimes awkward to open however. Unfortunately the seller has decided to have his website URL printed in bold print across the top making it look cheap and tacky. I ordered an SD case, not an advertising product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sd card holder, 15 May 2012
The SD card holder is brilliant it looks good and is well finished.

on the downside the hindge is a bit flimsy and i fear it may brake and the sd cards dont stay in to well.

would by again but i am just using it for storage not for regular usage. i woldnt recoment it for regular usage.