on 14 March 2014
Coronation Street - best of 1960-1969
I looked forward to this so much - maybe too much. The fact that the episodes were separate made it feel quite disjointed.
on 3 July 2015
It is good to see the really old artists from the first episodes but I find them disjointed as they don't follow on in sequence. Still good to see Ena Sharples, Minnie Caldwell and all the other ones again.
on 30 June 2012
I had forgotten how enjoyable Coronation Street was in the sixties. It brought back many memories of the characters that used to be in it. Black & white does not detract from the quality and although it is very old, it is still in 'good nick'. How young Ken Baldwin was and Emily Bishop nee Nugent. It's amazing that they are still in it today. And of course good old Betty Turpin, how much slimmer she was in those days (God rest her soul).
on 25 February 2012
Right then - where do we start? Excellently, originally devised, I must
say I remember, casting and all, to have made an impact on me as a child,
and, since the broadcasting of the Tony Warren story and as to how he
wrote and strived, if you like, to achieve such 'Pat Phoenix' and
'Violet Carson' 'Grandure' ....

All acted live before the camera, as nanny-nancies are not particularly
capable of today, (although Corry still on occassion), 't was an excellently
portrayed Drama in front of a live audience, with the occassional cough,
of a typical northern community and I cannot fault any part of that era.

Summat of a shame it aint still t' same.

At 46 and Old School, and all things seem to be going along with 'americanisms',
ie: 'bastardised 'English'', I Highly recommend this 1960's full decade
selection to relax and dismiss all crap to !!
on 3 April 2014
I got this to send to my mother in Canada for mothers day in May, she is a coorie fan and I have sent her the book in 2012.
on 12 February 2013
Wonderful series I have been looking for this dvd for a long time
I am truly delighted to have finally found it
on 27 November 2013
happy with the dvds they were bought for a present and will bring hours of pleasure they were fast to deliver
on 19 May 2014
To all Coronation Street fans, don't have a dig because I am probably a fair bit older than you. Anyway, this is a DVD of the early Coronation Street when there was a good mix of elderly, middle aged and young characters and no PC characters. We don't all like 'issues' discussed in our favourite programme.

I liked Elsie Tanner because she was my age (now) but she did not give up on life and still chased the fellas. I gave up about 3 years ago so it is great for me to see an older (alluring) woman. As for Ena Sharples - I am looking forward to been like her when I draw my pension and I would love to be like her now as there are a few neighbours I would like a slinging match with. Always wondered what milk stout tasted like.

Enough tittle tattle, this is a great DVD. Its not for everyone, but I love it. Its drama, heartbreak, laughter and had brilliant actors!

My thanks to the seller, as it arrived quickly and was very well packaged. Well done!
on 14 May 2015
Oh dear I feel old. However, this is so funny ( Corries sense of humour shines through). My wife loves it.
on 24 October 2014
I like watching it very much although a lot of episodes are missing