on 30 March 2014
I have tried many woks, including some from Amazon. They all start out great but over time things go wrong - non-stick coating comes off or just stops being non-stick being the main issues. So before going for a wok that requires seasoning I decided to give this one a try, and also wait before writing a review.

So having used it quite frequently for six weeks, it is still the same as when it first arrived. Non stick still in place, all working fine. Heats up very quickly, although I am using a 3.3kw wok burner ... but still, much quicker than a standard frying pan. Meat flash-fries almost instantly, everything else perfect too.

The wok itself is very sturdily built, and therefore a bit on the heavy side. Also as the handle is metal, I have found if I don't have the wok centred on the burner the handle can heat up, but that's easily solved by having the wok in the correct place on the gas hob

It does say dishwasher safe, but I wash it with warm/hot water only and pad dry with a towel. Hoping it stays like this for many stir-fries to come.

>> UPDATE << It's been TWO YEARS and the wok is in the same condition I bought it in, completely non-stick. It has been used (and possibly abused) on a weekly basis, including cooking Vietnamese Caramel Ginger Chicken, a dish that had rendered one of my previous woks useless. Furthermore I now use it on a proper 7kw wok burner.

So I would normally say "I would buy this again" ... except I won't need to.

Cannot recommend this highly enough.
on 14 June 2015
When over a hundred people already vouching for this wok in here... Why do I have to? Still! I feel so pleased with it that I feel almost compelled to add my own review nonetheless.
It is, quite simply, the perfect wok. Best I've ever had... Although, in fairness, all my woks have always been inexpensive. However this makes me feel as if I'd spent £100's, and I just haven't this time either.
Three months of use... And I'm starting to wonder how many years or perhaps decades will pass until I need to buy a new one. Great in my induction hob. I've been careful, but some very occasional errors, like gentle metal utensil use, have been made. It still looks in excellent condition.
What is the best about it? In a couple of occasions I cooked with not a single drop of oil! Not a problem! Amazing!
on 4 July 2014
Non-stick? You bet! Robust? Definitely! Worth the money? Every single last penny.

Our first wok was a wedding present in 1996. A Ken Hom one. It was good. So when finally the non-stick started to stick, we bought another. For reasons best known to themselves, the manufacturers appear now to be using what can only be described as non-non-stick. In other words, it was completely useless after only a couple of occasions.

My quest for a truly non-stick and robust (i.e. usable) wok began. I've tried my fair share. Even those which you oil, burn, re-oil and burn again. All to no avail.

After much research, it appeared that this Kitchen Craft wok might, actually, do the trick. So I took a chance and bought one.

Sadly, there aren't many products these days which do what they're supposed to. This one is a very welcome exception.

Sturdy (with properly-attached handles), solid (this pan won't dent the first time you knock it against the kitchen tap) and, best of all, genuinely non-stick.

Others report that the pan lasts for many years, and based on my use of it so far I've no doubt that it will.

My conclusion? Don't waste time and effort on other products. Just buy one of these. You'll be glad you did!
on 22 June 2015
best wok i have ever bought ..i cant improve on those others that have praised this wok to 5 stars ..it is heavy but so what ! ..it sits on the burner then you serve the food . you,re not taking it shopping ...the quality is miles better than the other two i have already hanging from my kitchen rail .Non stick is perfect even egg fried rice doesnt stick ..i look forward to using this for years and years ..if you want a wok honestly look no further than this one ..cheap is out there but this will last and last
on 16 May 2013
This item is exactly as described in the listing, arrived promptly, and is very easy to use. Perfect on induction hobs. It is very heavy so not easy to toss food with one hand. I would recommend.
on 5 July 2013
I have used this wok a number of times now and its absolutely brilliant!
Nothing sticks to it and it feels very sturdy although it might be a bit too heavy for some to lift when its full of food although I don't find it a problem .Would recommend.
on 2 September 2013
I have bought many woks over a twenty year period and this is by far the best. Very large cooking area, solidly made and easy to clean. Have used the wok a number of times now and it is a delight to cook with. But - it is heavy and that is before it is full of noodles/rice - so may not appeal to some.
on 20 November 2013
Does exactly what it's meant to do. It's on the heavy side, but that's simply because it's a big item. It's nice and deep - I managed to brown off a kilo of mince in it without any problems. Recommended.
on 25 May 2015
I received this wok for Christmas (after reading good reviews and specifically asking for this model) and so far it has not disappointed. We've had it for almost 6 months and used it a lot and so far it has lived up to the reviews. Nothing seems to stick on it it, so it washes up easily, it is a good size and feels good quality - it is also reassuringly heavy! However the weight can make it a bit heavy to wash up, but that problem is easily resolved by leaving the man of the house to wash it up instead ;-) You can also use metal cooking implements with it if you wish, which we have done occasionally. We also purchased the lid for it, which although doesn't fit it exactly (as I don't think this model comes with a matching lid) it does the job. Overall I would recommend this wok. We did quite a bit of research before buying it, as I've had one that lost its not stick coating pretty quickly.
on 3 June 2014
Really like it, good non stick, heats up great and more to the point it works well on my induction hob.. recommended nice and big too, however I still manage to plaster the kitchen, no reflection on the Wok..