5.0 out of 5 stars in-the-ear comfort
Published on 23 Oct 2011 by Su

3.0 out of 5 stars From ear to hear
I guess the time has long gone when someone would say, "Look at those earphones", and laugh heartily. Now they come in all shapes and colours and, apparently, sizes, as I wasn't aware that females have different sized ear canals than men. To this end, there are six different sized end pieces in the box for these, so there's bound to be one you get along with...
Published on 29 Oct 2011 by Quiverbow

5.0 out of 5 stars in-the-ear comfort, 23 Oct 2011
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use headsets everyday for several hours per day. I use them to listen to audio books, DVDs, and notes, as well as when I am using my dictation software (Dragon NaturallySpeaking) and speaking to family and friends on Skype. This means that I am happy if the quality is good enough for me to hear what has been said without having to replay a section to try to work out what is being said.

Over the past couple of decades I have found that I cannot use earphones or ear-buds because they made my ears very sore, this is regardless of the make or the length of time I've used them for. If I have to use ear-buds then I normally have to have them hanging round my ear, rather than in the ear, with the volume turned up. To solve this problem I use headphones, but when you are in a waiting room, on the train/bus or in a public place using headphones can make you feel self-conscious.

These ear-phones are specifically made for women. Women (according to the blurb) have smaller ear canals ... well, I learnt something new, but it would explain why other buds cause me so much pain.

The headset comes with 4 sets of soft ear-bud tips, increasing in size. I have found that the smallest ones suit my ears the best, but because they are soft and more pliable I believe that I could use even the largest of the tips without the pain I've suffered with other makes.

The shell of the "speaker" is a dark, shiny, rose red colour. I wondered how they would appear when I was using them, but they were hardly noticeable, and there is always the option to move your hair down over your ears if you are conscious of people staring at you. They are available in 3 colours: rose, Violet and Pale Lilac.

The shell is angled for more comfortable use and this also makes it easier to remember which one goes in which ear, but if you are unsure the manufacturers have put a tiny reminder on each one to help you out.

These earphones come with a 2 year limited guarantee.

The cable is said to be "tangle free" and is covered with a moisture resistant woven material. This casing gives the fine wires a stronger feel than those I have tried with a plastic coating. The cable is approximately 1.2 metres in length and comes with a standard jack which will fit most devices such as i-pods and mp3/4 players, though adaptors are available if you need a different size.

I keep these earphones in a small box so that they don't get tangled up with my keys in my bag and become damaged.

Since I very rarely listen to music using headsets of any sort so I cannot say what the pitch and/or tone is like on that regard, however the sound quality is very good when using them on audio books, notes and DVDs.

I admit that I am very impressed by these earphones. I never thought I could earphones that didn't hurt and gave good sound performance for my needs, until I was given these.

--- UPDATE --- 8 February 2012 ---

These earphones have just been machine washed with a fast spin setting and then spent more than 30 minutes in the dryer (I had left them in my pocket by accident) and they still work. Definitely worth your consideration if they can survive that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Nov 2011
Mrs. F. Huxley (Rugby, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Altec Lansing Female Specific Bliss Jewel Headphones - Violet (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great ear bud size - fitted really well and the cable was a great length. The sound through them was great with both my mp3 player and DS. The cable being woven was an added bonus as it didn't stick to clothing like some plastic coated headphone wire and doesn't knot easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars they really do fit, 24 Oct 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have spent years of irritation with earphones too large to stay in comfortably or that fell out instantly or made my ears ache. Despite my scepticism these fitted - and are pretty. Sound quality is all you'd expect too. Worth having.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality, 19 Oct 2011
Cath B - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really liked these; they look good, the fit in the ear is very comfortable and the sound quality is excellent. I'm not that wild about the 'jewel' bit of the ear bud and would prefer something slightly less ostentatious, but it's a minor niggle. I particularly like the fact that the wire is fabric covered, as opposed to the usual plastic. Overall, very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife really likes these, 18 Oct 2011
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was an item which my wife was keen to trial. The item arrived and I must admit that there would be absolutely no way that I would try and steal these from her: they are pink and as described designed for women's ears.

Into her ipod and off to the gym. SHe claims them to be far better than the apple supplied earphones, fitting into her ers well and delivering undistorted music across the range of singers such as Adele, Andrea Bocelli etc. Overall she feels that they are great and deliver the levels of music that she feels is acceptable.

4.0 out of 5 stars No more discomfort, 18 Oct 2011
Magdalene (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This definitely is a solution for everyone whose ear canal is slightly smaller than the standard headphones. I have suffered terribly with pains whilst listening to music using the standard headphones. Wish I had found out about this sooner. They are definitely smaller, fits perfectly and does not hurt. They come with little ear caps of differing sizes. I found the pre-fitted cap ideal and so did not have to change it. The chord is sturdy and guaranteed to last a long time which unfortunately can't be said for most of the other headphones in the market. The only let down is the sound quality - nothing out of the ordinary. If you are buying this purely for comfort then it gets the thumbs up from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 4 Mar 2012
the best ear phones i have ever purchased,have been looking for a long time for a pair to fit, these are small comapact and very comfortable and the sound is fab.. 5 STAR ALL THE WAY

3.0 out of 5 stars From ear to hear, 29 Oct 2011
Quiverbow (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Maybe the aesthetics is important to some, but surely it's comfort and listening experience that is paramount? A violet coloured, jewel shape earpiece. Does it really matter? I mean, you can have the most awesome sounding headphones that are too uncomfortable to wear, and vice versa. These are easy to get on with though the sound isn't anything exceptional (not that I expected it to be) and the lead is an improvement on the plastic-coated things of old. (It's also four feet long, which is ample for the use this is intended.)

Unfortunately, the current price is far too much for what's in the box though it is also available in both pale lilac, and rose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Altec feminine earphones, 10 Oct 2011
misswise (London) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These earphones mainly aimed at women are small and have soft tips so are comfortable when inserted into the ear and when worn for long periods of time. The sound quality with these is excellent and I have found that I don't have to use my ipod at maximum volume like I used to before. They are also very attractive to look at and the cord wire means that it doesn't twist as much as my old ones used to. All in all, a good product and I am enjoying using these earphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hear ye, Hear ye....., 2 Oct 2011
Another Weasley (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't actually like this type of earphone as I tend to have trouble with them fitting properly, however I actually found these to be a good fit. The shape of the ear bud seems to have been developed well to fit inside the ear and I find them to be rather comfortable, after a while you actually forget you are wearing them. Sound quality is ok - it is not amazing, but then you are not going to get amazing sound quality headphones at this price.

I used them once when I went out for a run and found that unfortunately the sound of the cables rubbing is really noticeable and does affect the sound quality. However, I find that this tends to happen with most in-ear earphones and that is why I prefer to use actual headphones that cover the ear whilst running.

I like the design, they are a bit different to the standard black or white coloured earphones but are still petite enough that they are not over the top and really noticeable. When I first saw the picture I was concerned at how big they would be but when they arrived they actually are quite small.

The woven cloth wires that aim to be tangle free are good, they are not completely tangle free as I have had them in my bag and the wires have tangled up, however they are much easier than standard earphone wires to sort out and untangle them.

I would recommend these for someone looking to use earphones whilst sitting at a desk or not moving much, however if you are looking for earphones to use while doing sports or running then I would look at alternatives.