1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars They are a bunch of crooks!, 29 Jan 2013
Gregor Drummond (Midlothian Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acer Warranty Upgrade for Iconia Tablets 3 Years Pick Up and Return with Accidental Damage Insurance (Personal Computers)
I bought an Acer desktop computer in December 2006 from the late lamented Comet group. Unwisely I opted to take out insurance from Acer instead of Comet. The computer turned out to be a pile of junk and had to have many service calls. I eventually decided to ask for my money back. Acer were not in the least interested and refused point blank to refund my money. I called in to the local Comet shop and they couldn't be more understanding and helpful. It was only the intervention of Comet's head office in Hull that forced those B******S at Acer to agree to refund my money. I had taken out an extended warranty with Acer and the company who they referred me on to refused to refund my premium. The warranty hadn't even come into being yet but they totally refused to return anythimg (including phone calls). They collapsed very soon after I started calling them. The C.E.O. at Acer wasn't in the least interested in my plight and refused to help even though his benighted company caused me so much grief. Sadly it a was Comet, a really good company and not Acer a really despicable one who went to the wall.