5.0 out of 5 stars Primeval series 3
This series was the best yet. Finally a Sci fi show to rival Dr Who, great effects, great plots, this series really found its feet. Some fantastic stories made it the best season so far. Ends on a great cliff-hanger which see varies members of the team trapped in different time zones. Ealier in the year ITV axed this series due to cutbacks in programme making but they...
Published on 24 Oct 2009 by Current

3.0 out of 5 stars good viewing
having bought series 1 and 2 this was a must to buy series 3
cant wait for the next one to come out.
i hate haveing to wait weekly to see the next episodes so buying the whole series for me was great.
Published on 1 Dec 2009 by Ms. P. H. Lamont

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous and contrived, 27 Sep 2009
R. Astle - See all my reviews
This review is from: Primeval - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I watched Primeval series 1 and 2 and started watching series 3 but the whole thing became so contrived that I gave up. Is it just me or has anyone noticed how the anomalies always appear to occur 'just around the corner' so that the team can miraculously arrive in next to no time? This was the most annoying thing - I know it's a TV show but who is it aimed at - not children if the 12 rating is to be believed. It was just pushing credibility too far and after watching episode after episode when this happened I realised there was a distinct pattern and the only thing that changed was the CGI creatures which were often not very convincing. If ITV have axed the series then maybe ratings were falling as a result. If you don't mind the massive plot-holes then I guess Primeval is entertaining but personally series 2 was much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best series, but......, 24 July 2009
This review is from: Primeval - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I want to give this series five stars. I really, really want to. However, I miss Cutter, and Jenny/Claudia and the story line started to waver. Not sure where they were going, but this is what would have kept my interest :-

Helen manipulating the timelines in order to bring about the end of Humanity. She pretty much seemed to be wanting this, but as she's now 'fallen' out of the series, we'll never know.
Stephen returning as a clone/alternative timeline person. Of course, the problem with this is that the actor no doubt has moved on and didn't want to return. However, this concept has been hinted at but once again will never come to anything.
Sarah to be interesting. Potential to be a great character, under used, not much point to her being there. If she had turned out to be the new villain, that would have been great.
Lester. Lester basically doesn't appear in many of the episodes in this series. In series one, we even had him going out and taking charge of his military force. This series, he's quite content to leave things in the hands of Quinn, whom he seems to distrust. What?!
Connor not being the hero. Well, he can be the hero, but without turning into Stephen. He was interesting before then.
More concern for the cast. At one point Connor receives a massive blow to the head, remaining unconscious for some time. No one appears to be worried about this. Then he gets up, says "Ouch" a bit and is soon back to be being a dashing hero, with no sign he was ever injured. What?!
What happened to Claudia Brown? Very conveniently, Jenny's actions means this question ceases to trouble us anymore, despite being quite a corner stone of the last two series.
Despite all that, I am about to buy series three on DVD, because despite all its flaws, all I want to do is watch more "Primeval".

5.0 out of 5 stars Luv Primeval but it's not the same anymore!, 25 May 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Primeval - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Primeval is an absolutely amazing show but now they have killed off and got rid of so many of the original cast. Stephen, Nick and Helen are all dead and Jenny has left with no real reason, they could have finished her storyline better. Lucy Brown and Douglas Henshall were really great actors and I miss them. The only remaining original cast are Abby, Connor and Lester. I personally think they should have continued the Series 1 stories in that same time line but they didn't. It is still remaining a fantastic show and I'm definitely buying this DVD!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay!!! No more Cutter!!!, 12 May 2009
This review is from: Primeval - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
This is, and has been since it came out, one of my favourite original ITV programs in quite a long time (i.e. my life). And that was WITH Douglas Henshall's excessively annoying character playing a starring role. Admittedly for the first series he was a good character, for the second I half wished he'd disappeared instead of Claudia, and the bit of the third that he was in, I actually liked Juliet Aubrey's character (for the first time since season one) when she shot him. Not just because he was irritating, it was a moving performance from her, too. Because she did care. But now that he's gone, there is more time to be spent on Connor and Abby (and Rex, as well as Abby's growing list of prehistoric pets... uh-oh), and Jason Flemyng and Laila Rouss, now out of the shadows, are a LOT more promising (only complaint is abscence of Lucy Brown). So as long as Nick stays dead and Connor and Abby don't, it can only get better, in my opinion. There need to be more stars, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Primeval series 3, 22 Jun 2009
M. J. Mc Caffrey "Mad Mouse" (Belfast Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Primeval - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
This is one enjoyable series I have been waiting for and have started to watch with great vigger,

5.0 out of 5 stars Primeval, 23 Mar 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Primeval - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Primeval is one of the best programmes ever, I am so happy that they're making a series 3. When series 2 was on, I thought, this is going to be the last series ever, but I am so happy that I am wrong, if I was right, I wouldn't be very happy.

From Sam

P.S Why did Steven have to die at the end of series 2, that means he isn't in series 3

2.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, 18 July 2009
Mr. J. C. Jones "Student 117" (Sheffield,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Primeval - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Primeval is an utter piece of terrible television, the only good to come from this is its hilariously bad acting and script. Massive plot holes and scenes which make absolutely no sense (like the scene when a human manages to out run a velociraptor) make this the worst drama on TV at this time.

Oh and why the hell is Hannah from S club 7 in it? She's the worst actress ever!

1.0 out of 5 stars What is the point?, 24 Mar 2009
L. M. Kenyon (Corby, Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Primeval - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
What is the point of adding a review with 5 stars for soemthing you have not seen, and yes I suppose that someone dying does men they will not be in this series, except that it is a time travel programme of sorts so anything is possible isn't it

1 star because I have to give it something (not to say it won't be brilliant though)

Primeval Series 3 [DVD]
Primeval Series 3 [DVD] by Andrew Lee Potts (DVD - 2009)
8.91