5.0 out of 5 stars Good Service
I ordered this Film and Photo scanner on 3rd February and received it from Germany via UPS at lunchtine on the 6th February, although Amazon told me it would be delivered on the 11th Feb. Superb service!!
Published on 6 Feb. 2013 by Hovis

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk!
Klarstein Combo Slide Film Photo 5.1 Megapixel Scanner - 3600dpi

Published 22 months ago by Lightening2

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Service, 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Klarstein TG-109B Combo Film & Slide Photo Scanner (3600dpi, 5.1 MP, 35mm film & Negatives) - Black (Personal Computers)
I have used other 35mm scanners with not very good results (ie poor colour mostly), however with this scanner I have had very good results so far. The scanner uses a digital camera and the clarity and colour of the scans are good and is quick to scan (approximately 2 seconds per scan), although the files can be enhanced through software like Picassa 3.
All in all I can say for the price I would suggest this is a good value product that produces good results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the exactly as it says on the box, 7 Oct. 2012
Took a lot of time before I selected this option.It lived up to expectations I had over 400 35mm slides that were over 30 years old this scanner did a remarkably good job in copying to the computer the brightness and colour adjustment are basic and the accompanying photo software a bit primitive but Adobe Photoshop does a very good job on the quality of the digital copy can whole heartedly recommend this product if you are looking at the lower value market scanners

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk!, 14 April 2013
Klarstein Combo Slide Film Photo 5.1 Megapixel Scanner - 3600dpi

This looked like a good buy, even though it had mixed reviews, but I found it totally useless. After capturing one picture in very poor quality, BlazePhoto software could not get any more off the device, no matter what I did. There was no free upgrade service but when I downloaded a trial copy of the latest version of the software, it was no better.

The good news is that even though I took four months to getting round to trying out my purchase, the German supplier Hi-Tower agreed without argument to refund my money and gave me a pre-payment label to use for sending the equipment back. So I would highly recommend them as a supplier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use and effective, 18 April 2013
I searched for some time and found cheaper models suffer from software problems. This has no such problem and produced good results with 40 year old slides. Do not rush between slide scans as it distorts the image. Leave about 3 seconds after the click and all is very good. Service from seller
Was good and it arrived early.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gizmo, 3 Jan. 2014
This was something of an impulse buy but after getting a commercial quote for transferring our old slides it made too much sense not get one of these units and give it a try. In fact I have been really impressed by the ease and quickness of use. It doesn't seem to integrate with a Mac out of the box, but with an SD card on hand and a USB card reader in the computer it really isn't an issue.

I bought it mainly for slides but found the process so mesmerising that I started down the photo route quickly as well and found I'd scanned 1900 photos in 2-3 days while managing to also have a life and go out over Christmas too. Once you get a production-line knack to the process it's very intoxicating and easy, and gets you all sentimental as the family albums get eaten through. The longest part of the job was extracting the photos from albums and old Truprint packets, getting them into some sort of historical order and putting the photos into sensible piles. The scanning itself is very quick.

With the rear wall photo slider there are 3 basic size settings. Some photo sizes don't fit exactly and you have to be a little wise about how to attach them to the backing plate. Admittedly I had one or two photos that did come off and lodge themselves inside the unit at first but a thin knife soon sorted the problem out. There are few moving parts and components to foul with if a photo does temporarily go AWOL.

I've only scratched the surface of the box full of family photos so there's a long way to go but so far I cannot recommend this unit highly enough. A great gizmo for anyone with a pile of photos and slides, young/old, Pro/Amateur.....

3.0 out of 5 stars Husband didn't like the product but the suppliers were brilliant, 26 Mar. 2013
Bought this as a gift for my husband who didn't feel it met his rather exacting needs, so returned it. I hadn't realised that the supplier was a German Company but they were brilliantly helpful sending clear instructions for a (free) return for both me and the Post Office and i would have no hesitation in ordering from them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 10 April 2013
This scanner is very simple to use. use. The software supplied is not so good. I run Win7 64bit and the drivers just don't work and I have been unable to find any help or update for this software. I have a laptop with 32 bit ver of win 7 and it works ok on that, if a little inconvenient so be warned. The scanner itself once the software works performs very well,some tweaking in a photo editing program is needed but that's to be expected. Overall once you get it up and running it performs very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a quick scanner, 30 Dec. 2013
Works very well and quickly for photos, provided the photos to be copied are an exact fit for the photo holder. Can get stuck if they are a loose fit and have to be wheedled out! Automatically, the colour on the copy is not quite an exact replication of the photo but you have the ability to customise the image to get them a perfect colour copy. Has the advantage of taking three different photo sizes.

The machine works like taking a photo of a photo. Haven't tried negatives or slides as yet, but quite happy with the product to date.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too complicated, 30 May 2014
It did not work so I returned it there was an absolutely no quibble refund. The instructions were too obtuse and the software did not down load basically it wasted a whole day as I persisted wanting it to work so that I can download my slides. one to avoid I think. But the company were straight which I appreciated.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent it back, 29 April 2013
I bought this for scanning photos, the quality was very poor & grainy, so could not have used them.
On the positive side, the company handled my return very promptly & efficiently.