Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 1 August 2003
"Dazed and confused" masterfully captures the anxiety and exitement that the last day of highschool inevitably throws up for it's students.The contrasting scenes between mitch and his friends seemingly impossible efforts to escape for the summer without being introduced quite painfully to the seniors, and the organisation of a much anticipated party at the king stoner "slater's" sucks the viewer straight into this film.
You cannot but help yourself being up for Mitch in his desperate attempt to get home problem free.
The action really kicks off when Slater's party falls through due to parental suspicion, a beer delivery nervously handled sparks his parents to abandon their trip.
The film then flips effortlessly through to the beer bust at the moon tower expertly organised by Wooderson which will be the start and finish of some of Ridgemont high's most likeable characters and the tough decisions with which they are faced with on a beer fuelled night which definitely changed their lives.The delightfully nostalgic soundtrack raises this film to unparalled heights within the cult genre!
on 17 March 2014
I enjoyed the fashion in this film but did not really enjoy it that much. To be honest I don't think it was really for my age group. But the soundtrack was great - haven't heard some of these tracks for years. Apparently it is one of my daughter's favourite films.
on 6 September 2015
I was mid teens around the time this movie came out. Heavily into the music, smoking and drinking. Just not able to drive yet. Loved this movie and watched it countless times. It's a classic that will never get old. Defo 1 of my faves and great to see it on prime
on 17 June 2003
Yer gotta see this movie MAN cos its got this cool dude called Slater MAN - he's a teenage hippy with a cannabis leaf T-Shirt and smokes a s--t load of dope MAN. A nice guy, no hassle, no trouble, peace MAN cos this little pot-head is almost always stoned out of his head MAN. Uses MAN a lot MAN cos he's so stoned out of his mind he can't remember yer name MAN. No sweat MAN cos he's way cool MAN. Love to shake his hand and share a joint with him MAN He won't remember my name a minute or so later but we'll use MAN MAN. Real cool MAN over the top MAN. Cool ideas MAN - Remarks that dollar bills are weird and the same colour as grass MAN and instead of signing an anti-drug agreement suggests signing a joint MAN. Yer gotta see this cool guy MAN totally over the top MAN.
A stereotype teenage hippy pot head, fraternity pledging. This film is totally over the top and I've no hesitation in giving it 5 stars. PEACE MAN !
on 30 October 2011
When i first sat down to watch this after about half hour i thought hmmm nothing much is happening but that's the whole point. After that i realized that like American Graffiti it's just a film about a night in the life of some kids. I ended up watching the film 5 more times that week and it's become a real fave. Great characters that are played so well by a great cast. Great cars , great girls , long hair and great Rock N Roll. Some will find it dumb , others like me will be hooked forever, it's great fun. I love this movie it makes me feel great and it makes me laugh , what more do you want ?. Slater is my fave character so funny. You cool man ????.
on 23 February 2001
I first saw this film as a special MovieDrome title on BBC2 TV and was so awe inspired I bought it. To this day watching it fills me with confidence and inspiration. The soundtrack is excellent and lifts your whole day. Given the chance I thoroughly recommend sitting down with a cold beer and chilling with this film for the evening. Everytime I watch it I notice something new which makes me enjoy it that little bit more... You cannot go wrong buying this movie!
on 20 June 2013
I got reminded of this film watching an episode of Family Guy where they made fun of Matthew McConaughey! It's a great film about teenagers in the '70s. Recommended purchase.
on 25 April 2014
a proper mint stoner film. its a plot less movie but its definitely worth watching. it reminds me of the old skool days of life to me it has the same sort of atmosphere.
on 16 December 2000
There isn't a person alive between 16 and 25 who can hate this film, it is just so damn cool. Anyone who watches this movie can relate to one of the characters in it, every school has the bully, the stoner or the jock. I think what I like about this movie most is that it reminds me so much of my last day of school, although my last day was some 20 years after this movie was set the beer drinking, weed smoking and various other illegal activities happen in schools all over the world today! The plot is admittedly thin, but this movie is so much fun you don't care, it also boasts a great soundtrack and some great actors who have gone on to such bigger movies since this including Ben Affleck, Milla Jovovich, Adam Goldberg and Matthew Mconaghey but Rory Cochrane stands out as the hilarious "Slater". A brilliant film!
on 13 July 2003
What I really like is when a film comes along which is an accurate depiction of a stage of life, which doesn't hang too much on some moral, or try to inflict some one elses ideals on the veiwer. Dazed and confused portrays an aray of reallist charachters who just do what people in their possition whant to do. You can follow several groups of friends or individual characters through the film and all of them are strong, well written and well acted. Dazed and confused is a story, in my oppinion, of that great night out that comes along every once in a while. You will surely associate the best times you've had with the antics of this film. Find yourself become coming part of the film and relcapturing those moments. Inspiration for a party? For sure.