on 9 July 2013
Nearly skipped this book because of the review that knocked it's star rating down. I guess that it was originally advertised as a Python 3 book (that one comes out in October). However, I checked Amazon.com where this book is highly rated 4.5/5 - and yes the only non 4,5 star reviews state that it is not a Python 3 book! So, go read Amazon.com and see if the book is the one for you.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2013
This books strikes the right balance between getting work done and providing background knowledge. This allows you to create simple applications right from the start and then you have the knowledge to analyze potential problems and to make informed choices.
on 1 June 2013
I would've bought this book long ago but find its title misleading. I only want it if it's Python 3 as earlier versions are incompatible.

I've not read the book so don't know if the mistake is the publishers or Amazons.
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse