5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I imagined
I am not a particularly fast or strong swimmer, so I was looking for something to keep me going a bit longer in the pool that was relatively discrete. After a month of regular use, I am still stuggling to fault it.

Published on 9 Aug. 2012 by Ali

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 24 Oct. 2011 by Mr. James Cawkill

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I imagined, 9 Aug. 2012

Uploading tracks is a piece of cake, but I stopped ripping to AAC a long time ago and therefore don't have a problem with its bitrate limit. However, the instructions do suggest a free tool to batch transcode or downsample if necessary, which also worked a treat.

I haven't tried the ear-loop things because the (spare) buds stay nicely in one of my ears but the other did have a tendency to slip out during tumble turns. This was easily overcome by using my goggle straps to keep the wire close to my head.

Operation of the unit is so simple in the pool, with easy to find and use buttons for all the fuctions like volume up/down and big a textured button to change the track. When looking for an MP3 player, I really wanted one with a shuffle feature, which I have turned on all the time. There looks to be a favourites feature too, but I haven't downloaded the full manual to figure out how to use it. The LCD display turns off automatically whilst swimming and I am looking forward to the day I can outlast the battery.

The sound quality is surprisingly good out of the pool, but there are equaliser presets to boost the bass. However, the bass properly kicks in once you get your ears wet and you notice the difference when you stop and your ears drain.

I have only ever had one problem, the first time I used them. One of the ears stopped working, but I eventually removed the bud and gave a hard blow which appeared to fix it. Never had a problem since, but I decided to give them a decent try before leaving a review, just in case.

In summary, I haven't tried any other MP3s but this suits my needs/requirements perfectly and has dramatically improved my enjoyment and length of time in the pool, so I couldn't give it anything other than five stars..

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Oct. 2011
Mr. James Cawkill "atomic jim" (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately this lasted for less than an hour before developing a fault and from such a well known brand I expected a lot more. It was very easy to drag and drop mp3's from the computer but thats the only good point. The ear phone jack seems far too loose to stay in and I think water has got inside while i've been swimming. The design of the ear buds is poor too, only 2 sizes of buds were supplied, neither fitted my ears well, I ended up having to jam them in really hard. Whilst swimming they became loose easily and once filled with water they stopped working. The over ear parts are useless and created more drag to pull the earbuds out. When you disconnect them from the earphone section there is an annoying piece of plastic left that digs into your ear and is very uncomfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speedo Aquabeat - great product!, 5 Jan. 2012
S. Wordsworth "sianwordsworth" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I got this MP3 player for Christmas. I was thrilled because I swim a lot but it can get a little dull, so this really makes the swim a lot more entertaining!

You are not going to get iPod quality when you're swimming underwater, but the quality is really good considering you're listening to music in the pool. The headphones are very comfortable and did not fall out of my ears once. No technical faults etc. It was also very easy to transfer the music on to the device.

I'm really happy with this, and it makes a great addition to my morning swim!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big, no sound...., 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Speedo Aquabeat 2.0 Pro Waterproof MP3-Player - Black (Electronics)
Fisrt of all the product is too big and heavy for its capacity.
Also ear speakers are not working well at all, I had to send them back and get new ones. The new ones I get are also very bad quality.
Finally, I sent the product back as it never meet my expectation. I bought instead the waterproof I-shuffle, more expensive but very good quality...

1.0 out of 5 stars Had 4 faulty units!, 9 April 2014
P. Lewis "Paul Lewis" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Really liked this when I first had it, and it works well in water.... but I've just had to return my 4th one to Amazon for refund. The first had a waterproof plug missing from a screw hole, the 3rd would not charge properly - the battery would drain in a few hours without use - but the 2nd & 4th were the weirdest: the on-screen menus were totally unlike the other two or the instruction manual, and did not work correctly - and the music would not play properly. Either these are very badly made by Speedo, or there are very convincing fakes on sale.... which of those is true, I don't know.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just did not work, 15 Jan. 2014
It worked for about 5 minutes out of the packaging, then stopped and never worked again. Tried everything - I was a bit dubious when I read the statement in the instructions 'if it stops working hold down the M button' which suggests this is a common occurrence. But I tried that and nothing so sent it back and do not want a replacement

4.0 out of 5 stars easier swim!!, 21 Nov. 2013
fourth purchase of a speedo aquabeat,but first of this particular type.The best so far for sound but still ear phones a bit of a problem.Would definetly reccomend this,even though it could be improved.

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought the product was a great idea as it was a gift for my wife ..., 20 Jan. 2015
I thought the product was a great idea as it was a gift for my wife who is a swimming teacher and swims a lot herself. We were a little dissapointed in the level of instructions for using the product with regard to charging, locking, changing song and moving back or forward.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Issues Really, 29 Nov. 2014
Works OK no problems other than cutting some times during swimming. Battery is fine. as a note the earphones are designed to keep water out, they also keep water in so make sure you get them set up before going in the water and dont try to adjust them IN the water.

3.0 out of 5 stars Plasticky but works., 30 Dec. 2014
A bit plasticky and wasn't as easy to set up as I had hoped. Having i-tunes on your computer doesn't help. But got there in the end and a reasonable product.