on 7 October 2011
This was a nice surprise. I simply wanted a reference dictionary, and was amazed when it started popping up with word definitions while reading. It is only Portuguese, no English, so its not for beginners, but is very clear, well optimized for kindle, well laid out and recognizes verbs from their roots mostly. Brazilean variations are shown sometimes and both european/brazilian spellings, but it is not clear on which is which - spelling is in line with the old Accordo (1990) so for example it gives eg concepto and conceto. It is primarily a European Portuguese dictionary.

It gets confused, not unaturally with verb inflected forms which have same spelling as another word and will only show the word with the uninflected form. For example, putting the cursor on <faça> will show faca (knife) and not fazer (to do) and there is no way to persuade it to find it if you do not know the root is faz-. It seems to be blind to accents (you don't seem to be able to type them on the Kindle), they can be found in words in a book, but as the example above shows, it ignores them.

There are no verb tables or grammatical information, though word defintions give the part of speech. It seems to be a bit purist about everyday brazilian words like você, only mentioning PT usage but gives a reference to the web for further information. On the other hand, some words give a lot of examples of Brazilian usage (eg. oi). It sometimes gives a brief etymological note, and sometimes not.

Overall, a recommended buy given the paucity of Portuguese/Brazilian material for Kindle. It seems well optimized for Kindle, very clear, apart from the problem of handling inflected and irregular verbs with ambiguous meanings.
on 21 May 2014
Despite that it is a Brazillian dictionary on the cover, but is actually a Portuguese dictionary (with Brazil listed too), the formatting is very nice!
Definitions are excellent also, but as I'm an English only bloke, I cannot prove this myself.

Luigi442wii
PLEASE NOTE TO THE DIPSTICKS:
Oh shut up you tart.

L4W2 Gamers
on 25 July 2015
I do not understand this book or whatever language it is in. Anyway my friend is coming over to play now shes called Avon(yes i know that's a makeup company that's really what's shes called,she has a sister called Paris! )Bye Ps: this review was by Elsa willows!
on 10 August 2014
I chose this rating because sure, I can't understand it, but my pen pal is Portuguese, and this makes it easier to decipher some of her letters
on 7 February 2014
How can I review when I have no knowledge how this ended up on my Kindle! Anyone else in the same position?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2014
Good an interesting read enjoyed it thoroughly it was a joy to read such a well put together book cool
on 12 December 2013
Don't buy it or read it a cAn't read a word of it I can't read it it is.
In a.different language