5.0 out of 5 stars power shower

We are happy with it
Published 2 months ago by Nathan Levene

5.0 out of 5 stars power shower, 10 Jun 2012
This review is from: Triton AS2000XT Power Shower - Thermostatic (Misc.)
This shower is an updated version of the previous model which I found to be very reliable and gave me 12 years of daily use without any hassel. When I fitted the new shower even the screw holes for the riser rail and shower were exactly the same. If this new model performs as well as the old one I would not hesitate to recommend this as a good buy. Next review hopefully 2024.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 30 Mar 2013
Had used Triton's shower selecting tool on their website to identify the best product for us, so we knew this was going to be what we needed. Decided to take the risk on a new seller as they were offering the best price. Wasn't disappointed. Arrived quickly and well packaged. Installed and working perfectly. We have very low water pressure but only need to have this on the middle power setting to get a good shower. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shower, but be aware..., 19 Jan 2014
T. Searle "FanTC" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Triton AS2000XT Power Shower - Thermostatic (Misc.)
This is the first power shower I've needed, & this is only because I've moved to a house with very low water pressure - I found myself running around the bath, trying to get hit by the occassional droplet of water that came out of the shower head :(
My previous shower was run by a combination boiler, so the pressure was excellent & heat was instant - I wanted this simplicity again, so decided on this shower.
As power showers go, this was quite a good price. I also looked at many reviews to see how it performed, & it came up with a good rating at most sites.
Delivery was well within the specified time-frame. However, there are some things you should know about power showers if you are planning to change from an ordinary 'over the bath / run from your water tank' type shower. These are the problems I came up against in my quest to have a decent shower:
When the shower arrived, all was ok (Happy Times)
Then, I couldn't get an electrician to wire in an RCD unit, this shower MUST have it's own trip switch. (Sad Times).
By this time it was nearly Christmas (2013) & I couldn't get hold of a plumber. When I managed to get a plumber round to see what the job was, he informed me that this shower couldn't be run from a mains water supply, but had to be supplied by the cold water storage tank in the loft. But, because the shower can pump through upto 14 litres per minute, I would have to have another cold water tank fitted in conjunction with the one already in the loft - thus giving enough water to supply the shower on full power for aprox 15 minutes. Bear in mind, that if the water runs out, the motor which would be trying to pump the water through would burn out.
So, long story short - it took nearly 2 months from ordering the shower to using it for the first time.

Now, you want to know if it was worth the wait don't you?
The shower is brilliant. On half power & half temperature, it is perfect. I have tried boosting the power to full, but it's a bit too much. Although the temperature is good on half, there's plenty of scope for visitors with asbestos skin. The one-touch button to turn it on & off is brilliant too - after the last ordinary shower I had, where I had to turn it on like a tap, then adjust the temperature, then adjust it again... this Triton is luxury. It just gets to the right pressure & temperature with one button.

So, the verdict:
Be aware of the preperation work which may have to be done before having it fitted. If this is just replacing another power shower, you'll be fine, but if this is a new install, check with your 'Sparky' & 'Plumber'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Power Shower, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Triton AS2000XT Power Shower - Thermostatic (Misc.)
My order arrived super quick and as described. The shower was easy to fit and works really well with lots of power.

5.0 out of 5 stars power shower, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Triton AS2000XT Power Shower - Thermostatic (Misc.)
an excellent piece of bathroom equipment, gives a vigorous well controlled shower,replaces a much older unit, thoroughly recommended to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Triton shower, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Triton AS2000XT Power Shower - Thermostatic (Misc.)
The instructions are very good so the shower was easy to install. The pipe entries are push fit for copper or plastic pipe making life very easy. In use, the shower maintains a nice constant temperature and has plenty of power (far more than the Triton shower that I replaced). If this lasts as long as my old unit, I shall be very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars just great, 2 Aug 2013
adjustability of the temperature and the water flow great. Quieter than the power shower it replaced which is a bonus.

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 1 July 2014
We are happy with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Triton AS2000XT Power Shower - Thermostatic (Misc.)
Great product, very reasonably priced. Prompt delivery, easy installation, it looks great, it works great. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Triton AS2000XT Power Shower - Thermostatic (Misc.)
The shower it replaced was old, this gives great supply and pressure of water. Really looks the part in the shower cubicle. Is as noisy as any other power shower in this style