5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning; a must for trance lovers
I wrote a review for the first EA a few weeks ago and regret now that I didn't give that 5 stars as well. Having listened to them both many, many times since purchasing them, I am still enjoying every minute of them both. I can't separate them, despite what my star ratings would suggest.
For anyone looking for what, by definition, is trance, then the EA series is...
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by Alan

3.0 out of 5 stars Money in the bank
It is a pity that Amazon does not contribute more in taxes.
This was for a present. How would I be able to rate it?
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning; a must for trance lovers, 13 Dec 2011
Alan "carrd2" (Stafford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
For anyone looking for what, by definition, is trance, then the EA series is for you. Solarstone has used a mixture of smoother trance with some stunning club numbers which combined provides listeners with a brilliant snapshot of trance in the modern era. It also goes to prove that other artists, perhaps once lovers of trance themselves but who now no longer use trance as their main genre of focus, are simply changing their style due to their preference rather than due to the trance not being made. Some cracking trance is being made - and here is much of it.
Solarstone has also demonstrated excellent mixing ability with both albums; if anything I think EA2 is even better than 1 for this. It is the sort of album best listened to from start to finish, but, unlike other albums that fit this bill, they do have some absolutely stunning tracks rising to the surface every so often. There are no overbearing vocals either, and the only vocals that do appear compliment tracks rather than destroy them.
Basically, if you like trance, then go for the Electronic Architecture series. These are the best trance compilations that I have come across recently. My favourite track on this volume #2 on CD1 is Aerium/Icedive (Reconstruction) and on CD2 is Tilt/I Dream (Nick Rowland Remix).

5.0 out of 5 stars Ambience perfected., 30 Jun 2012
Wow!! some absolutely amazing tracks on this album. I am a fan of Chicane's music, especially the ambient tracks, so this is a superb follow on if you are looking for something else. Stand out tracks for me are 'Sounds of my summer', Dreams of the sea' (chilled) and the gorgeous 'Vespera' (chilled)
Musical quality is outstanding!
Pair this album up with some quality headphones....Stunning!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Pure" joy, 22 Mar 2013
Melvyn Jones (Devon) - See all my reviews
As a long term Solarstone fan, I was a little disappointed when I first heard EA1. Silly me! EA1 and EA2 are perfect music for those that can do without lyrics for a while. Beautiful trance and very well mixed - as you would expect. My one word of warning is that by buying the CD (as I did for EA1 and EA2) you lose the opportunity to get hold of the long mixes that are available for each in the downloaded form.
As to EA2 ambient: This is quite simply beautiful. If you like "sort-of" ambient music - actually its more like a mellow CDM makeover than a Brian Eno mind-dumber - and you like good quality trance, you should not be disappointed with this. There are stand-out points, but I am hopeless at identifying which track belongs with which title. So, suffice to say - absolutely excellent. Solarstone delivers yet again. Buy the download to get the extended mixes - you know it makes sense - even more music for the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure bliss, 11 Mar 2013
This is what Trance is all about. Back when Trance kicked off vocals were very rare. Personally I'm no big fan of vocals, unless they really work e.g. Ocean Lab Braking Ties. This series is pure sonic bliss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent trance/ambient music, 19 Jan 2013
J. Cousins (UK) - See all my reviews
I am a big fan of Solarstone his DJ sets on Di.FM are always excellent. He has produce some wonderful dreamy remixes in his time also.
This album is highly recommended, all the tracks are excellent to chillout to, either at home or in the car! He has crafted such layers of music, it is like a tapestry, visually appealing but with a hidden story underneath ready to be found! The music conjures up evocative moments of tranquility and engagement of times dreamed away!
recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars between dream and and wake, 21 Jun 2011
Arsen Solovka "Arsen" (Mraclin, Croatia) - See all my reviews
So beautifull deep-prog-tech trance. I think that solarstone put a untouchable limit in this genere of music for this year. Goodbye Tiesto, Durand and Armin. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Aug 2014
Brilliant. Especially mix 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Money in the bank, 30 Dec 2012
It is a pity that Amazon does not contribute more in taxes.
This was for a present. How would I be able to rate it?