on 26 June 2011
Bought this as a replacement for a Garmin Nuvi 1690 that I returned to Amazon for a refund - the 1690 being next to useless.Garmin Nuvi 1690 Widescreen Sat Nav with Live Traffic & Services and UK & European Mapping

I previously owned a Mio 510 that I was very pleased with but which as a result of use by me and abuse by thieves needed replacing - so after the unsatisfactory episode with the Garmin I decided to return to the brand that I liked.

The Mio doesn't offer the same live services as the Nuvi but it does make a decent stab at avoiding known delays and the option to select the type of route from the map screen is very helpful.

Overall I'm very pleased with the actual device. Excellent value for the money and does all that I need and more.

Would have given this 5 stars had it not been for the fact that the software doesn't work with Mac's - and it isn't too clever on PC's. Could be my fault but I find the process for linking and updating complicated, confusing and tedious.

Overall very pleased, so pleased I bought a Mio V505 for the wife.Navman Mio V505 Satellite Navigation System With Built in Freeview TV