Style Name: Nicorette Quickmist Duo Nicotine Mouthspray 1 mg|Change

on 29 January 2014
I was a smoker for 6 years and if I'm honest I didn't think I would ever quit - the thought of quitting was not possible but I noticed problems with my breathing and my teeth starting to turn yellow and so I decided to give NRT a try.

I tried patches which made me feel sick and didn't really take away the craving, I tried the gums which were ok but tasted foul then I tried this. When you first have it it's incredibly strong - side effects may include sick feeling and increase of saliva in mouth as well as some form of headrush. Definite effects include an extreme burning in the throat.

My advice spray under the tongue rather than in your throat (TRUST ME)

I will say this. The spray works and once you become accustomed to it you will love it. The taste is lovely and minty and honest to god it stops your cravings for cigarettes (not completely at the start but it does reduce the amount to begin with). I cut down using the spray before giving up cigs all together but the only downside was I became addicted to the spray!

I can't stress how addictive this spray is but in the long term its better to be addicted to the spray then to carry on smoking cigs. It took me 6-7 months to give up the spray after I quit smoking and now I am cigarette and nicotine free.

Long story short.. I have given up smoking and I have Quickmist to thank for it.

I hope this helps anyone reading, I highly recommend you give it a try, absolutely disgusting at first but once you become used to it; it really does help reduce cravings for cigs.
on 11 September 2011
Much cheaper than my local Boots outlet by almost £15.00.
I haven't stopped smoking fully buty I have cut down a hell of a lot. I would give it the thumbs up. However, practice pushing the pump down to get a fine spray, if you dont you get a jet of pure nicotine straight on the back of the throat, which is not pleasant ands burns like hell for a few mins. Also, dont pump twice!!!! Try it and find out why.
on 10 March 2013
Ok so I've never written a review for any product I've bought off amazon but I have to for this product.

I've tried a lot of things before to try to quit or at the very least cut down; patches, gum etc and they really didn't do much to stop the cravings for cigarettes. This on the other hand offers extremely quick nicotine effects which you can really feel working within a minute or two.

I'm not saying this product is perfect because even though it is very effective it is also very strong if you are not used to it. When I first took a spray in my mouth it burned my throat and I felt quite sick, it is very unpleasant at first I won't deny it but the more you use it the nicer it becomes. It has a fresh minty taste once you become accustomed to it. A good tip is to spray underneath your tongue so you get slowly accustomed to it. The other notable side effect I get from time to time is hiccups! It is very annoying at times but it doesn't last long. Do NOT spray more than once in your mouth at a time (You will regret it I promise you,)

I'm writing a review for this because after 5 years of regular smoking I have actually gone one month without smoking a cigarette which for me is a bloody miracle lol. I used this spray on a regular basis to help cut down but within a few weeks I didn't even feel the need to smoke.

There is another point to this review. Although I have quit smoking I find myself addicted to this spray instead. I'm sure its not the same case for all people who use this spray but I find myself having this product as a replacement for cigs now and I am dependent on this. I think it will be very hard to quit this product but the way I see it I'd rather be hooked on this spray which has no harmful effects to your health rather than cigs which are. Its MUCH cheaper in the long run as well.

Always buy this product on here rather than shops because its much cheaper. I can buy a two pack here for £20 while it cost me £18.99 for a pack of one in sainsbury's!

Overall if you really are looking to cut down or quit then this product is one of the best things around and I would definitely recommend it though it won't be to everyone's taste as it is very strong stuff but once you get used to it, it is amazing!
on 21 July 2011
This product is excellent i cannot recommend it enough. I have smoked for 13 years and never tried to give up. I recommend the double pack for better value for money. Do it now, this is a great replacement! Just a quick spray and it takes the cravings away.
on 28 May 2011
This mouth spray provides a convenient nicotine fix without the hassle of lighting up, but take care when using one for the first time. Anyone familiar with mints, etc. will know how these things can cause hiccups and a little queasiness. I ignored the instructions on the packaging and shot two or three squirts down my throat when 'loading up' the spray and it was very unpleasant - ironically, not unlike having your first cigarette. However, if you point the spray away when loading it and hold your breath for a few seconds whenever you use it, this product really works well. It only takes a few seconds for the craving to pass and then you're good to go.
We smokers are becoming a dying breed now (and rightly so).

When you are out and about, it's hard to find anywhere to comfortably smoke.

The worst time for me is in the cinema, or on an airoplane, etc. when you don't even have the possibility of going outside to relieve the craving.
This mouthspray solves that. It's easy to carry around, easy to operate, can't be operated accidentally in your pocket, tastes good and, above all relieves the craving.

One small spray lasts quite a long time so, at around the price of 3 packs of cigarettes these days (for 2 sprays), they are good value for money.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
Thanks for reading it.
on 21 June 2013
After 25 years of trying different nicotine products, this has been the only one that has worked for me. I just wish it was less expensive.
on 6 December 2015
I have tried various nicotine replacement products. The only products I have not used are the inhalators and e cigarettes as I wanted to avoid the same hand to lip movement as with smoking. Nicorette quickmist is the only nicotine replacement which has actually helped me quit smoking completely. I have been using quickmist for over two years and have never relapsed back into smoking. On very rare occasions when I have tried smoking, I have found it no longer pleasurable and not as satisfying as before.
If you are using this for the first time, try spraying once and wait for 5-10 minutes before trying again. The usual side effects I have noticed is hiccups which can be very annoying. When using too frequently I have also experienced mild palpitations and restlessness.
In my experience and opinion this is the best nicotine replacement product to quit smoking however on the flip side, this product is as addictive or even more addictive than cigarettes. I have been struggling to get off the quickmist and had to seek support from quit smoking clinic. My advice is that if you are serious about planning on quitting then try this product in conjunction with the quit smoking services at your GP surgery. Impulsive quitting is unlikely to work and check your motivation levels before planning to quit. This product is as expensive as smoking and unlikely to save you any money in the short to medium term compared to smoking but the health benefits of quitting far outweigh any concerns you may have.
I highly recommend this product if you are serious about cutting down or quitting completely.

Tip: I have noticed the price of this product over two years has varied between £18 to 27 on amazon. If you are using this regularly buy a few when the price is cheap.
on 17 June 2011
Started this product several weeks ago. I was offered this by the smoking cessation nurse because I had tried various other items over the years without much luck. Like many, I do enjoy smoking. Often 2-3 when I first get-up. Usually I smoke 20 - 25 a day and have for the last 30 odd years.
Six years ago I had stopped for 5-6 months by reading the Allen Carr Easy Way, that was the only time had ever been able to actually stop. Since then I had found stopping absolutely hopeless.

With the cost of smoking going thru the roof, both my wife and I have tried again. She's gone on the Champix (done nothing for me in the past) and I was offered these. She stopped after 8 days on the tablets. For me, I found this spray very unpleasant and would take a little time to get use to. Therefore decided to cut down with the help of it. For 2 weeks I cut down to 10-a-day. I found that in that time I lost a lot of interest in smoking. I then cut down to 3-4 a day. Counted down my last 5 ciggys then just stopped. It just seemed so easy. Couldn't quite understand it.

You have to take time getting used to it, also show some reward to yourself. We both take £40 a week pocket money that we usually spend on fags. This spray is really quite unpleasant. What surprised me was the fact that I just lost interest in smoking. After several weeks,I've found myself more and more dependant on it though, and the taste has become a lot more bearable.

After reading Allen Carr years ago, I believe that to stop smoking, you need to understand your addiction a little. Get your mind prepared. Then go for it. I think they suggest you can have up 64 sprays a day with this, but I be lucky if I'm having 20-30 a day at first. Quick-mist certainly helped. A skeptic at first, I found this very easy for me to stop smoking with. No doubt, the truth to me will be in the time to come. One step at a time.
on 22 April 2012
This is my 4th order and still haven't smoked after 5 weeks :)

Its always hand to have a sip of water after.