5.0 out of 5 stars Promax meal bar
Tasty bar - has helped me lose a stone in 3 weeks. I don't feel like I have had to go without chocolate.. Very filling. I highly recommend - especially for chocoholics dieting.
Published on 13 April 2010 by Pamela Knight-jones

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! - there are 2 Different versions of these bars.
There are 2 version of these bars (and the same for cyclone version). One of which comes in a matte grey/silver wrapper with a foil inner and tastes great. I'd give it 5 stars.

The other comes in a shiny grey/silver wrapper without a foil inner and tastes foul. I'd give it one star. (the cyclone version like this is pretty much inedible, the promax meal is...
Published on 19 July 2012 by musicfan

5.0 out of 5 stars Promax meal bar, 13 April 2010
Pamela Knight-jones (the midlands uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 31 Aug. 2009
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Per Bar: 206 calories, 21.6g protein, 5.7g fat, 17g carbs, 5.7g fibre

I bought these in both the Chocolate an the Chocolate Orange flavours. Both are equally good although at first I only liked the Chocolate flavour. The Chocolate Orange flavour reminds me of the orange flavoured chocolate you get in the new Terry's Black Magic chocolate box and not so much of bars of Terry's Chocolate Orange (incase this is what you're expecting!) If you only want to order one flavour, go for the chocolate (it's the safe bet!)

The bars are really satisfying and are good to have on the go. I have a real sweet tooth and often just eat half a bar as a snack when I get a chocolate craving. They are really chocolatey, with a satisfying chewy texture and the bar feels genuinely substantial to consume. They do control hunger aswell. No complaints whatsoever - a great way to get your protein and an excellent chocolate substitue if you're dieting! Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Significantly cheaper than purchasing at the gym, 12 Feb. 2015
I bought these bars because I was trying to cut out high sugar, low protein snacks. I was fairly hesitant and I couldn't imagine they would taste particularly nice. I was pleasantly surprised, however. I got the chocolate bars and I found them to be a fairly tasty, easy to carry, high-protein snack. With these I managed to completely cut out all those terrible snacks (Haribo etc) that I used to munch on as a treat. I bought these at around £1 per bar on Amazon, which is significantly cheaper than buying individual bars at machines at the gym. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is that the texture takes a little getting used to; they're quite tough and heavy. After initially being unsure, I really warmed to them and find them delicious now.

I'd highly recommend these for anyone who wants to carry around easy-to-consume, tasty, high protein snacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tasty and very filling!, 21 Jun. 2011
I first bought a couple of these bars in a local health store to see if they tasted alright.
As I was very pleased with them, I ordered up my first box of 12 here on Amazon and have since then subscribed to having them automatically delivered every month.

If you find them too tough on the chewing, then try and place them somewhere warm for a few minutes (even your pocket will do the job in most cases) and it becomes a whole different bar!

They're proper tasty and a great bar to take when you're on the go - at least its a much better alternative to the Mars/Snickers bars when you're stuck!

If you fancy something different, I'd recommend the Maximuscle Flapjack bars Maximuscle Progain 90 g Cranberry and Blueberry High Protein Flapjack Bars - Box of 12 They'll hit the spot every time too! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best protein bar so far..., 19 Oct. 2010
Brett Jordan (UK) - See all my reviews
Most protein bars taste synthetic, and have the consistency of plasticene... these bars have a half-way decent chocolate taste, and are just the right side of chewy to be satisfying. There is still a 'plasicky' aftertaste, but they make an excellent and satisfying high-protein, low calorie, low-gi snack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Lunch!, 26 Dec. 2009
Mr. A. J. Low "Xander" (Glasgow UK) - See all my reviews
This will be a fairly short review, as these bars are simply Five Star! They are by far the best tasting, and I feel best performance recovery bars on the market - by far. I had been taking Maximuscle's other excellent Diet Bars until I decided to switch to these bars to avoid the very high caffeine content of the Diet Bars. And I am so glad I did. These Meal Bars are the same in calories and pack in slightly more protein, plus without the caffeine, they can be taken at any time of day or night; perfect after a late evening workout session. Above this, they taste great, have a firm, chewy texture, and have no (for me) after or side effects. Even if on a weight loss programme, these Meal Bars are highly recommended over the Diet Bars, and I am very glad I switched. Well done Maximuscle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best protein bars around, + great seller...., 24 May 2012
with a normal protein bar your looking at a high fat content and way to much sugar! this one is nutritionally balanced and if eaten pre or post workout +1,-1 hour before or after it will help you maintain lean weight whilst cutting down for the beach e.c.t. great taste, almost too good as i always want to go back for a second. chocolate orange is just about strong enough to cover the nasty protein taste...

highly recommend this seller too very good price as you would be paying £26+ in holland and barret.

great price and fantastic delivery time even on the 3-5 day delivery they come quick.

good luck with your fitness goals and thankyou for such a reasonably priced product seller.

Matthew

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty but very chewy, 12 April 2014
This is the first time I've tried a protein bar and I was initially very surprised by the texture. These are seriously chewy, I would say similar to nougat. The chocolate flavour is pretty good and they seem to fill me up, so very good as a snack if you need some protein. I opted for these rather than the lean definition range as they contain a lot of caffeine so they aren't that suitable if you prefer to eat this late in the evening. I can't really say if they've had an effect or not but I have already ordered another box as an expensive but healthier alternative to a chocolate bar.

5.0 out of 5 stars PROMAX MEAL, 24 Sept. 2012
I was a little sceptical about buying these protein bars, as my last load I have tried were too stodgy and chewy, making them disgusting! Although these are a bit stodgy - but not too much, and due to the nature of what they are, probably always will be - however they are really nice!
Where before I had to almost force myself to have one, you actually want to eat them, which helps. One tip though - try to avoid drinking hot drinks like tea with or straight after eating one, I did that by mistake - worst combo you can think of.
I would def buy these again, well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 29 April 2015
These taste really chocolatey, are not too chewy and help keep cravings at bay. I have tried loads of bars and these are by far the best in texture and taste, and you get a good dose of protein to recover from a work out. I have noticed that in combination with gym and a high protein diet (which these bars are part of) have improved muscle tone and definition for me.

I sometimes have them with fruit for breakfast (if I am running late as a quick fix) or after a work out. High in Protein, low in fat, a great buy. I buy them by the box and alternate flavors.