Format: DVDChange

Dallas' needs no introduction but just in case you don't already know, it was a prime time TV series that debuted in the April 1978 as a five part mini-series on the CBS network and subsequently ran for thirteen seasons from April 2 1978 to May 3 1991. The series revolved around the Ewings, a wealthy Texas family in cattle ranching and oil business, and their rivalry with Barnes.

In this 2- DVD pack we have three movies and one documentary. In disc one we have the movie Early years (colour -141mins) : this tells the story of Miss Ellie, Willard Barnes and Jock Ewing and how it all started.The next movie on this disc is JR returns (colour 86mins)- The return of J.R. Ewing (Larry Hangman)- The Villain of the Ewing family that everyone loves to hate, after a five year sojourn in Europe. His quest and schemes to get Ewing Oil back, including faking his own death. At end Bobby and Sue Allen (JR's ex-wife) owned Ewing oil the second largest oil company in Dallas and JR owned Westar the largest oil company in Dallas

In disc two we have the movie - The war of the Ewing's(colour 98mins) - A continuation somewhat of JR returns. JR was not happy despite owning the largest oil company in Dallas and he instigated some evil plot to stir up a war of the Ewing brothers so that he could collect the spoils.

My favourite is the special feature documentary - Dallas Reunion: A return to Southfork. Set thirteen years after the end of the show, Larry Hangman hosts this behind the scenes look at the most exciting moments in Dallas, in which most of the cast came back to reminisce about their time on Dallas, review some of the clips and talk about the behind the scenes gist accompanying some of the clips and scenes, what they have been up to, including a look at the top 10 cliff hangers. I enjoyed the catching up very much.
This is a worthy addition to your collection if you are a Dallas fan, for me `The early years allowed me a deeper understanding of how it all started and a lot of things in the series made more sense. This can be viewed as standalone even if you have never seen the series before. It was still as refreshing and entertaining as ever.
11 comment33 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2012
I was really pleased to see this collection as after seeing dallas the first time round in the late 70's thro to early 90's it was like a journey back in time and i am so pleased to have completed my own full library of everything 'Dallas' worth every penny as they dont make t.v. series like that now.
on 6 January 2012
If you are a fan of Dallas, you need to own this completion of the series. For some of us, Dallas will stay with us forever.
on 5 February 2014
Thanx to you my Dallas DVD collection is now complete! It took me a long time to find Dallas - the movie collection, the region 2 version. Delivery, quality is just as promised.
22 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 September 2012
Great series. Can't believe how current alot of the issues they deal with are . I like that they deal with real life issues in a direct and honest way.
My parents used to watch this but now I watch it and not embarrased to say so... I am in my twenties
The only issue I have is that the cd is a little on the quiet side so i have to use the subtitles.
But Dallas is the best drama ever.
on 14 September 2011
I have all the Dallas collection.
This was the last one.
I am not disappointed
I'll keep the DVD's and in a few years, begin again to look at them
on 14 December 2012
christmas gift for a dallas fan,it came from the USA,so it took longer to arrive,but arrive it did within the time frame given,very pleased
on 28 December 2012
A must for all Dallas fans. Quite enjoyable. Different to the series as they are movies instead. Liked every bit.
on 24 July 2014
My Dallas DVD collection is now complete!. I've been trying to get this for a while to complete my Dallas collection and its a great collection to watch. I really enjoyed watching these. i have now all the original series and series 1 and 2 of the new Dallas. Well worth the price. A series i will never get tired of.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2014
Really exciting to get this a wonderful prelude to the new Dallas seriesEagerly awaitng series three which hopefully will be aired in February
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse