TOP 100 REVIEWERon 30 May 2013
Adsl filters are there so you can use a phone on a broadband activated phone-line. They split the line with one phone line output and the other for a broadband cable should you want to plug a router into. This one by Belkin is well made and came well packaged. I like the fact it has a short cable extension meaning I can push my desk closer to the wall. Also be aware that regarding filters cheap ones are cheap for a reason. I bought a cheap unbranded one through eBay once and needless to say the phone line quality was shocking and I realised why when I opened it up and the wires were cheap and the connectors were of poor quality so it pays to invest in and this one by Belkin seems to be just that.

Pros: good quality and well made, useful cable length.

Cons: I fail to see any to be honest.

VERDICT: If you need spares or replacement filters then I can recommend these to you, self explanatory how to use them, be wary of cheap knock offs or copycat products... These are official Belkin ones and they work well

RECOMMENDED!!
on 18 March 2013
I had an unstable ADSL conndection and in combination with some phone wiring changes used two of these. Speeds have gone from 5.7M to 8.3M and system is now stable. These were certainly part of the solution
on 26 January 2013
Wouldn't have believed this could make a difference but it really did increase my broadband speed simply by using this. Also cleared up some phone issues I was having where the broadband would drop out when I made / received a call.
on 23 March 2013
I only gave this four stars as I do not know if they are any better than other filters. I am using them on my computer and phone line and they work but do not improve on the cheap ones I had this may be that there is nothing that can make the line speed faster. they are as advertised an seem well made the wire is part of the filter and and not detached
on 4 November 2015
I live in an area which has slow broadband and in the last year I noticed that the speed that we were receiving had dropped. I contacted my ISP SKY and they suggested that the problem was likely to be caused by our ASDL filters which were over a year old. They have to be replaced every year, if you live in an area with poor broadband speed. I fitted the Belkin Pro filters and I now have achieved a speed that is faster than when we first joined Sky 18 months ago. An excellent product and I will always keep some spares.
The service from Sky is excellent and they increased our broadband speed when we moved to them from B.T.
on 13 September 2013
I have had broadband now for quite a few years and problems can occur after around three years with filters. you may not notice because you can go on line ring out but you wont receive calls and that was my problem. I had BT filters on originally but they are expensive to replace so browsing through Amazon I came accross the Belkin ADSL in-line Filter, a quarter of the price of the other leading brands. I ordered and it was delivered within three days, fitted within two minutes and is doing it's job perfect. Highly recommended.
on 20 December 2012
What can you say about a filter? It works ! No real improvement on a standard BT filter, but difficult to assess, obviously.
I have decided that I dont like filters that have cord connections, they get in the way of other plugs that I have below the tele socket but if your socket away from others, no problem.
on 31 August 2013
One of my existing LinkCom ADSL filters recently broke and prevented all phone communication working until I replaced it with one from an unused socket. So I thought I'd better prepare for the day that I ran out of spares plugged into unused sockets. I read around extensively and after reading the reviews of people who said that it didn't seem to matter what they used, I plumped for the Belkin ADSL filter supplied by Amazon. That appears to have been a mistake! I live a long way from the exchange (3.5 kilometres) and using the Belkin ADSL filter instead of the LinkCom LAF0027 more than halved my speed (3.38 megabits per second down to 1.4 megabits per second). I ran before/after tests and swapped back and forth between the two and the results were consistent. So although it works, I will retain for emergency use only.
on 14 December 2013
I was having problems with the internet connection disconnecting when a phone call was made or received. My son recommended replacement good ADSL filters. These Belkin filters put an end to the annoying disconnection behaviour. Well worth paying extra for good filters.
on 28 September 2013
These were recommended to sort out my internet cutting out problem. As soon as I installed them (which took about 10 seconds!) the problem was solved! I have used Belkin products before with no trouble.